Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, Keksie said:

This is the dog we will take to the beach.  He loves to go places and hopefully will like the sand and water.Resized_20190527_144725.thumb.jpeg.7e7683bf93c7a2afa00ee3ca65a76326.jpeg

My uncle had a Club Cadet similar to this one. Does this one go to the shows? Cute pup too. 

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My uncle had a Club Cadet similar to this one. Does this one go to the shows? Cute pup too. 

It does go to shows.  My husband's hobby is restoring old farm equipment.  He has a lot of Cub Cadets.  This is a high crop that he built.  A very spoiled pup.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have had our windows open for almost 3 weeks. Tomorrow night it will only get down to 70 so ac it is again. 🙁

Funny how they own us and dictate how we live. Wouldn’t change a thing. 😻🥰

One of my grand dogs came to visit me today from a distance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

You did, maybe someday  we will finally meet.  We are not far from the lower part of the Park.

My wife and I have been in the area so many times over the years,to the zoo when our kids were young,to the mall,to the Restoration,to restaurants,etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My knowledge of US geography is constantly improving with every mention of someone's location... Cocoa Beach/Ocala, Amelia Island, Ormond Beach, Indian Creek, and now - Pensacola Beach 😁🌷

I think you have a clue about Florida... there are 49 more states many much bigger than Florida. 😉

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Haha 1

It's been a long week and I'm finally wrapped up for the day.  And I'm going to take tomorrow off!  Time to sit down and enjoy a few beverages and watch UFC 257!  

The King is back 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.36.49 PM.png

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

28f and cold this morning.

The roads are icy and my car windscreen is white with frost.

Just had breakfast in bed so I will pop outside shortly to defrost the car windows before we get ready to go to church.

Hopefully after church we will be able to pop along to McDonald's and get a snack then go to the nearest beach for a walk.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just had breakfast in bed so I will pop outside shortly to defrost the car windows before we get ready to go to church.

Hopefully after church we will be able to pop along to McDonald's and get a snack then go to the nearest beach for a walk.

Stay safe.

Graham.

All of our churches are closed at present on Govt orders as part of our lockdown.  Our Bishop accepts that this is something that needed to happen.  Our services are online which everyone accepts.   It’s interesting to compare the ways different countries respond.  

It is raining here so not a nice day.  However if our COVID figures keep falling we might be unlocked from lockdown on 1st Feb.  I hope so.  My nails are a mess.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

All of our churches are closed at present on Govt orders as part of our lockdown.  Our Bishop accepts that this is something that needed to happen.  Our services are online which everyone accepts.   It’s interesting to compare the ways different countries respond.  

There are strict rules on services. My church also has their services on line.

I must admit I'm surprised in person religious services are still allowed when our country is doing so badly under Covid and under nationwide lockdown. 

Weddings are banned (except under exceptional circumstances and then only up to 6 people) and strict rules on funerals 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

-2c degrees here at moment, and our first proper fall of snow of the winter started about 30 minutes ago. My youngest son is coming over to collect our dog to take her for a walk, so looking forward to seeing him face to face for a few brief minutes, all be it outside and socially distanced 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Stay safe.

Graham.

Isn't it hard to social distance at church? I'm suprised people are going to church with the increase in cases and the new strain. Pauline hasn't had it before has sne?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sgmn said:

There are strict rules on services. My church also has their services on line.

I must admit I'm surprised in person religious services are still allowed when our country is doing so badly under Covid and under nationwide lockdown. 

Weddings are banned (except under exceptional circumstances and then only up to 6 people) and strict rules on funerals 

The Bishop of Durham  still allows services but they have to be kept as short as possible usually 45 minutes.

Last week our vicar went to the vestry rather than speaking to everyone on the way out so everyone filed out of the church quickly.

Graham.

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Isn't it hard to social distance at church? I'm suprised people are going to church with the increase in cases and the new strain. Pauline hasn't had it before has sne?

Only every other line of  pews is used.

A one way system is marked out on the floor.

Everyone socially distances and wears masks.

Only bread is given at holy sacrement.

As far as we know Pauline hasn't had covid19 although she was close to me all the time I had Covid19 so she might be asymptomatic.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Only every other line of  pews is used.

A one way system is marked out on the floor.

Everyone socially distances and wears masks.

Only bread is given at holy sacrement.

As far as we know Pauline hasn't had covid19 although she was close to me all the time I had Covid19 so she might be asymptomatic.

Stay safe Graham.

Snow is getting so bad now I don't think my son will be able to make it over to walk our dog as they live on a hill and it's getting iffy to drive . We're not use to this much snow here in the south 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Stay safe Graham.

Snow is getting so bad now I don't think my son will be able to make it over to walk our dog as they live on a hill and it's getting iffy to drive . We're not use to this much snow here in the south 

Thanks Sue.

There is no snow up here just ice.

We are going for a walk now.

Take care and stay safe too.

Graham.

16114875982742554652708090438535.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The Bishop of Durham  still allows services but they have to be kept as short as possible usually 45 minutes.

Last week our vicar went to the vestry rather than speaking to everyone on the way out so everyone filed out of the church quickly.

Graham.

Over the summer we were using alternate pews.  We had had no deaths up until the first week of November, since then all worship has gone online.  In December when our COVID rate soared (we seem to have got the London variant) churches closed even for private prayer.  Almost all of our (now) 62 deaths have been in the 70+ age group.  I think that Govt have just done anything they could to try to reduce the harrowing toll.  

We have 20% of the population had their first vaccination.   I hope this is has the impact we are hoping for.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Over the summer we were using alternate pews.  We had had no deaths up until the first week of November, since then all worship has gone online.  In December when our COVID rate soared (we seem to have got the London variant) churches closed even for private prayer.  Almost all of our (now) 62 deaths have been in the 70+ age group.  I think that Govt have just done anything they could to try to reduce the harrowing toll.  

We have 20% of the population had their first vaccination.   I hope this is has the impact we are hoping for.  

This morning there was only 15 of us parishioners  plus Father David and the organist in church.

Graham.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Glad Gibraltar is getting it under control. I read yesterday that you are doing well with the vaccine rollout. 20% is amazing 👍

• Like 2