Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those asking about mom is has had another banner day.

I took the day off from seeing her to see The Rise of Gru with Lisa and Owen.  8 of the last 9 days have been with her and she is up for some visits. Mom’s sister went in for a visit after her lunch and her physiotherapy.  Mom was on a liquid diet for a few days and needed some help from a laxative to get things going again.  Yesterday she had “success” and is back on regular food and today is is now off the strong pain meds. Pain is gone while resting and is about a 2 or 3 during physio which is great.  

I really feel she has rounded bend on the surgery issues and is onto making her muscles strong again. Yesterday she walked 60’ with here walker and today she did 130’, down the rest home hallway. It was also her first day out of her night gown. I’m really proud of her. 

Excellent news😍

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The neighbour said probably tomorrow.  LOL

If you end up back at the neighbors, maybe a photo of baby pony could be taken☺️

Congrats to Owen for acing another school year.  Great job.   I hope he is healing nicely.

How was Rise of Gru?

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I hope the news turns out not to be scary. 
I’m sorry y’all have to wait 2 weeks to get the results. That happened to me, too. 
Speaking  of tattoos, a friend of mine went to have an MRI and they couldn’t do it because her eyebrows were tattooed on. Metal filings in tattoos. 

I am an Oncology nurse and work directly with my physician.  If a patient calls requesting results of scans, I will address with the physician and if there are abnormalities he will speak with them personally.  We also try very hard to make follow up appointments for results in at least 4 days after the scans. 

Pat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.     We don't sail until 8.28 - wish it was sooner.

How is your new apartment?    

yes, car rental prices are very high.     When we last rented a vehicle in march it was close to $200 for 1 day - 2 weeks late it was only $90 so it definitely fluctuates on day.

When we got off our Anthem sailing in April and went to pick up car at Avis/Budget office we had reserved a economy car for the 2 of us and ended up getting a Toyato Tacomo pick up truck that was a 4 x 4 off road truck   I am short 5' 2 3/4" and had a hard time getting up into the cab it was raised up so high and did not have any step.

I told the girl this is Not what we reserved and she said nothing she could do that was the only vehicle they had available other than large extended vans.     I guess people are not returning vehicles when they say will or they just take reservations and hope for the best when you show up.

Apt. is really coming along.  Bedroom is larger than our previous one so there's more room to get around on my TEMPORARY wheelchair. 👩‍🦽

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Maryann.

My 13 year old granddaughter is in Travel Camp .She just sent me a video from an ice cream parlor where she is eating something called sinful dessert.It is a brownie covered with ice cream and other goodies.It reminds me of Jahn’s.Do you remember that ?

We had a Jahn's in our neighborhood and a bunch of us used to order The Kitchen Sink on occasion.

• Like 8

Add me to the list of people who have been saved by the Waze navigation app.  

Between "police reported ahead" and "hazard in road" and being rerouted due to traffic problems, that freebie app is one that I would pay for if I had to (and I have never paid for ANY app!).

• Like 5

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just returned from a doctors office.I am scheduled for my 6th.Moh’s surgery and possibly second skin graft.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your Moh's surgery Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope everything goes well Sue.

Those temperatures might even be hotter on Monday and beat our previous record temperature.

It is cloudy and 70°F here in Tyne/Wear.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, they've had all sorts of problems so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly 😀 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think I spotted Yum Yum Sauce. 🙂

Yes you did.  I love that stuff.

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Have you been to Crabby Mike's yet? It's all you can eat Seafood or you can ordered off the menu.

We went there when we were there last Fall. Really good!

Have not been there.  We have been to places a couple of the grandkids had been to before, or places they wanted to go.  Although granddaughter had crab legs the other day, and she really liked them.  She put Susan to work cracking them.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have lost 1 stone in weight in the 3 weeks since the injection which the doctor was pleased with.

He said to exercise to build up a little muscle wastage and if the constant pain comes back he will give me another injection.

I thought you had lost weight Graham, well done, will definitely help with your knee pain .

One stone is excellent 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like a cool place. Glad you are having fun. Don't think I would attempt to do the bungie trampoline after I just ate.😜

I don’t think I would either.  Ah, to be young again!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD is currently in Montana.  Every store has huckleberry products - jam, chocolate, lotions.  She has never seen huckleberry products before (nor have I).  She had a slice of huckleberry pie and said it was so nice.

She's having a great adventure, how long is she travelling for?

9 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm assuming Tony lives near me because I see him or his wife at the grocery store quite often. I was also happily surprised with his review of Virgin voyages as I have a mother/daughter cruise on her next month and I just made all of our dinner reservations.

You'll have to let us know what it's like. Hope you have a wonderful time 

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Now that’s something I wish was available when I was a kid. I’d have stayed all day!

Hmmm, don’t know if you are referring to the hurricane, the brownie with ice cream, or the bungee trampoline, but I would agree on all three! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Cool.  Finding shark teeth is fun.  It reminds of a time visiting my dad in Venice FL. He told us of a near by beach where shark teeth were often found.   We went and sure enough we started finding them.  After finding several we started thinking 🤔.   There is a good reason why there are a lot of shark teeth here.  About that time someone on the beach started yelling and point at a long dark shadow swimming near us.  After quickly jumping up we discovered it was..... dolphins 🐬.    😆 

Myrtle Beach seems to be a popular place to find them.  The boys have been hunting for them every morning..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I thought you had lost weight Graham, well done, will definitely help with your knee pain .

One stone is excellent 

I had Sue but eating out and especially as I am a part retired sales representative for sugar and chocolate confectionery I have a sweet tooth.

I will be 66 soon and will fully retire so will have no samples.

Cutting out fruit flavoured Bon bons sweets, chocolate, biscuits,cookies and crisps and eating lots of salad, fruit and vegetables makes a big difference to me.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I had Sue but eating out and especially as I am a part retired sales representative for sugar and chocolate confectionery I have a sweet tooth.

I will be 66 soon and will fully retire so will have no samples.

Cutting out fruit flavoured Bon bons sweets, chocolate, biscuits,cookies and crisps and eating lots of salad, fruit and vegetables makes a big difference to me.

Your body will thank you 😊 

We eat so healthy now ( apart from when on holidays) also exercise a lot but it is really easy for me to put on weight and very hard to lose it.  I've lost 10lbs of the 13 I put on the Beyond cruise, but a lot was water retention. The last couple of pounds are very slooooow to shift 😫 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

yes, car rental prices are very high.     When we last rented a vehicle in march it was close to $200 for 1 day - 2 weeks late it was only $90 so it definitely fluctuates on day.

When we got off our Anthem sailing in April and went to pick up car at Avis/Budget office we had reserved a economy car for the 2 of us and ended up getting a Toyato Tacomo pick up truck that was a 4 x 4 off road truck   I am short 5' 2 3/4" and had a hard time getting up into the cab it was raised up so high and did not have any step.

I told the girl this is Not what we reserved and she said nothing she could do that was the only vehicle they had available other than large extended vans.     I guess people are not returning vehicles when they say will or they just take reservations and hope for the best when you show up.

One of my daughter and SIL’s vehicles was damaged when part of a tree came through the windshield and dash.  They had to get a rental while it was being repaired, and their insurance would only cover 45 days of rental.  We let them use one of our vehicles when the repair took longer than that.  No one anticipated the repair to take that long, but getting parts needed takes longer than usual now.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of eye exams,  I just got a letter yesterday that my state retirement insurance plan is changing at the first of the year.  It looks like it will have better coverage.   One change is eye coverage.   My current plan pays for an exam every two years.   The new plan will cover an exam every year and pay the first $150 for glasses where the current pays none. I have been thinking of getting a pair of sunglasses again.  

I hope hearing aid coverage stays as good as it is now.  I have been able to get a new pair every third year.   I heard (no pun intended) that some coverage only covers one hearing aid/one ear.  

That sounds like some pretty good coverage.  My mother was a State employee in Pennsylvania, and her retirement plan from them always had fantastic coverage.

• Like 1

Well, I am finally caught up after getting behind 5 or 6 pages yesterday.  Glad to hear everyone is progressing well, and hoping everyone continues to do so.  I won’t try to list all, because I know I would forget some.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is 75° this morning, and 100% chance of rain (which I can confirm, because it is raining). Just waiting for the morning shower to pass. 

F149A5D4-88CF-4044-9ABD-23B053FAE094.thumb.jpeg.2deb9c7b8149874b635241aade1c7acd.jpeg

Yesterday, we spent the morning at the beach, then went to Broadway at the Beach for the afternoon. 

First stop, Margaritaville. 

440682A4-2F39-4B23-A118-01B2274EED22.thumb.jpeg.e82c5a213a9ea0986f1fd073e7aadb9e.jpeg

The grandkids picked this spot!🤣🤣

6F5F8C99-E2F7-48F2-950F-D8499B842325.thumb.jpeg.853a93a4089f027f9f53dc37c323e075.jpeg

Then it was off to the Aquarium. I kept looking for the bottle. 

1BF3E837-2A9C-40BE-AD2E-3D8E22896B5D.thumb.jpeg.0c42dd01b78f8441d3f24812fa56cb45.jpeg

I walked by, and this guy was selling insurance. 

BDE943F1-0333-4C08-A78B-E16BEDE03282.thumb.jpeg.420e9bf3c84ec088e0f58f7357494153.jpeg

The grandkids fed some stingrays. I never paid attention to how much their underside looks like a face. 

8C830A33-EFF2-4105-AEDB-EC55DD57C1AA.thumb.jpeg.1f8959a18d8647c7011c1de41c3b9626.jpeg

I wouldn’t want to meet up with this one. 

A4ADB071-1835-4BB4-B7E8-BC232EB81D4C.thumb.jpeg.bc63899629ce1aec2eb33a0aaa27e78c.jpeg

And we were treated to a rainbow, once we got back to the beach. 

AD32D9D1-5CC5-4CE6-A330-777D280A3A35.thumb.jpeg.8b1f5e1e15a59972c0b1c3fda44c2bef.jpeg

• Like 24

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy has been missing since Saturday night. We started to worry a couple days ago so we checked with the neighbours.  One has seen her and she wasn’t where she was born. Lisa and Owen called for her but she didn’t appear. They went back today and in 4 minutes guess who came out of hiding. She has been visiting the baby pony And subsidizing her diet with baby Barnswallow. That’s Lucy for you.

She quickly took her pets. No bites for Owen, but the neighbours said they get two pets followed by a gentle bite. 

2A845F0F-F91B-43EE-9CBC-7E272B465056.thumb.jpeg.2650473a080ca46879413ab409770625.jpeg

And she enjoyed riding home on the arm rest of the car.

3B952850-DDAD-4182-B1D4-4788AA32C7B2.thumb.jpeg.b168071b538a4164c72547dee8e3e72b.jpeg

So glad she showed back up.  Lucy is awesome!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I hope the news turns out not to be scary. 
I’m sorry y’all have to wait 2 weeks to get the results. That happened to me, too. 
Speaking  of tattoos, a friend of mine went to have an MRI and they couldn’t do it because her eyebrows were tattooed on. Metal filings in tattoos. 

Thanks.