Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Vancouver did pull out an upset over Winnipeg last night. Unfortunately Conner couldn’t do the same. 

Vancouver Winnipeg, did you mean Ottawa?  Canucks lost to the Habs last night.  

Conner was heavily favored, -325 was my line.  I thought the only shot Poirier had was to survive into the 5th round and out cardio McGregor.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  Those low leg kicks were super effective and when he tagged him with that right I knew it was over. 15 seconds later it was.  

Last night was expensive.  On top of the cost of the PPV, I'd bet heavily on the Irishman but I also went all in on Hooker over Chandler.  I had two prop bets that came in.  I bet on both fights ending before the 3rd round.  LOL Those cam in but upside down to my expectation. Now if the Buc's don't beat the Packer's today, this weekend is going to be a complete write off betting wise.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My sister had Pfizer as well.  Was sick for two days, flu like symptoms.  Got her second shot last week,  and had some of the same side effects...but nearly as bad.  Hope your DW suffers less on second shot as well.  

My SIL pretty much felt the same way from her Pfizer vaccinations.    The first one she felt "yucky" for 2 days but the 2nd shot had similar side effects just not as bad.      Seems to be the pattern for a lot of people.        

Now if we could only get appointments here.     We are waiting for delivery of more vaccine for my county.    They won't schedule anything until they actually have the delivery.   

Just have to keep calling or checking online till the site opens back up.    

I feel like I am a teenage trying to buy concert tickets.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Conner was heavily favored, -325 was my line.  I thought the only shot Poirier had was to survive into the 5th round and out cardio McGregor.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  Those low leg kicks were super effective and when he tagged him with that right I knew it was over. 15 seconds later it was.  

Last night was expensive.  On top of the cost of the PPV, I'd bet heavily on the Irishman but I also went all in on Hooker over Chandler.  I had two prop bets that came in.  I bet on both fights ending before the 3rd round.  LOL Those cam in but upside down to my expectation. Now if the Buc's don't beat the Packer's today, this weekend is going to be a complete write off betting wise.  

Don't understand the Canadian hockey speak but I'll donate my left kidney if Packers beat the Bucs.  

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Don't understand the Canadian hockey speak but I'll donate my left kidney if Packers beat the Bucs.  

The first line was hockey.  Everything after that was UFC.  I never bet against Tom Brady no matter what the odds.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I could have sworn it was a Winnipeg, but I was half asleep while watching in bed. Either way, Toronto has lost to 1 of them. 

40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

LOL Those cam in but upside down to my expectation. Now if the Buc's don't beat the Packer's today, this weekend is going to be a complete write off betting wise.  

Lisa is betting against you. 😉

Did the 3 mile walk earlier today around the lake at Rockland Lake State Park, New York. We have done this multiple times during the pandemic, but today was the most invigorating at 25 degrees F and with a very brisk wind.  

20210124_121507.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I could have sworn it was a Winnipeg, but I was half asleep while watching in bed. Either way, Toronto has lost to 1 of them. 

Lisa is betting against you. 😉

Lisa made the smart money bet.  Packer are favored by 3 1/2 but, like I said, I can't bet against Brady.  I've got  two bets. I took the points on one for -120 and then a strait up Bucs win for +160. 

After last night I'm not feeling great about any choice I'm making.

Edited by Tree_skier

5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Did the 3 mile walk earlier today around the lake at Rockland Lake State Park, New York. We have done this multiple times during the pandemic, but today was the most invigorating at 25 degrees F and with a very brisk wind.  

20210124_121507.jpg

Beautiful picture!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

She’s already complaining.😉😆

I made up some of my loss for the weekend at least!  

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder how many Americans have been to all 50 states.In 1970 my wife and I did a cross county trip from NY to Calif and visited 43 cities.

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Always wanted to drive cross country. When I was a kid we drove from NY to North Dakota, it was an experience!

I've been to 30 states so far.

ALAKAZARCACOFLIDILINIAKSKYLAMSMOMTNENVNM

• Like 1

I made up some of my loss for the weekend at least!  

Lisa was not happy. 

I've been to 30 states so far.

ALAKAZARCACOFLIDILINIAKSKYLAMSMOMTNENVNM

Between the two of us we have the US almost covered. 

802719BB-08CF-4E49-8E46-5AAAAA0C057D.thumb.jpeg.0e5209793e5cc220fd03cd03ecf2ecdb.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder how many Americans have been to all 50 states.In 1970 my wife and I did a cross county trip from NY to Calif and visited 43 cities.

I will have to ask my parents as they drove cross country 3 times.  I think they made to all 50 states.  

It is definitely something I want to do.  I have driven to many states, probably 30 to 35 states, but someday i want to do one big cross country trip.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Oh my, exactly what I do here. I have made tons of sauce from my homegrown tomatoes. And the Burpee catalogue-A treasure to read to lift the spirits these cold, snowy winter days.

There used to be a local burpee store off one of their warehouse but it closed several years ago.  No idea why, they were always busy spring thru summer.  Yes, I always love when the new catalog comes out and thinking about spring.

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for mentioning the Advil, with your DW being a RN.

Some said it's not recommended after the Pfizer vaccines, something along the lines of "lessening the efficacy/effectiveness [pick one...] of the vaccine".

We had our 2nd Pfizer jab 4 hours ago, and my arm is hurting. I was just looking through our medicine chest for an Advil "replacement" ...  Advil works great for me.

Yeah, Advil is not good.  She took it because we don’t have Tylenol in the house.  She was apparently miserable, I slept thru it.  ;-).  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The first line was hockey.  Everything after that was UFC.  I never bet against Tom Brady no matter what the odds.

I am betting Mahomes 2 weeks on.

The Blues played great last night.  The second period tonight, I think they were watching the Chiefs and forgot to go on the ice.