"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, life is not fair.  You would think one horrible tragedy would be enough but it doesn’t work that way.  After all our family went through with Charlie’s illnesses, heart transplant etc., you think we would have caught a break.  However the hits came coming, the worst when was my mom was killed in 2014.

Thank God we all have family and friends to help us on life’s unpredictable journey.

Marietta❤️

Thanks, Marietta, appreciate it 💕.

I know it's not fair, and I see it around me every day.

It's just that my feelings of "fairness" are having a hard time coming to terms with it...

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, life is not fair.  You would think one horrible tragedy would be enough but it doesn’t work that way.  After all our family went through with Charlie’s illnesses, heart transplant etc., you think we would have caught a break.  However the hits came coming, the worst when was my mom was killed in 2014.

Thank God we all have family and friends to help us on life’s unpredictable journey.

Marietta❤️

So sorry to hear about your mam Marietta.

Both our parents are sadly no longer with us.

We were just about to leave our hotel in Malaga Spain to join Adventure of the Seas on November 2nd 2011 when I got a phone call saying my mam had died.

We aborted the cruise and managed to get a flight home the next day.

Graham.

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😢

My daughter and I were just talking about how unfair the world is.  It seems like the good people get kicked around by life.  You try to do everything right and it isn’t enough, I guess we have to trust in our faith.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So sorry to hear about your mam Marietta.

Both our parents are sadly no longer with us.

We were just about to leave our hotel in Malaga Spain to join Adventure of the Seas on November 2nd 2011 when I got a phone call saying my mam had died.

We aborted the cruise and managed to get a flight home the next day.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, sorry about your family also.

We need a hug emoji.  I am so sorry for everyone's losses.  Getting to know everyone on this thread I am sending a virtual hug and an"I wish you didn't have to go thru any bad times" to each and every one of you. 

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter and I were just talking about how unfair the world is.  It seems like the good people get kicked around by life.  You try to do everything right and it isn’t enough, I guess we have to trust in our faith.

+1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter and I were just talking about how unfair the world is.  It seems like the good people get kicked around by life.

Every word. Since English is not my mother tongue, I couldn't phrase it better.

Just to give you a short example of the unfairness of it --

A man of ~40 needed of kidney transplant urgently, the list was long. He was living in a large religious community, and they put out the word at the synagogue.

Some guy came forward saying he's willing to donate him a kidney "just like that". The transplant was successful, and the man decided to organize the "donor's list" - people who are willing to donate kidneys not only to their family members/friends. He dedicated himself to it.

Until the Corona's "arrival", almost 800 people were saved by this "donor's list".

He contacted Corona while visiting one of his "transplants". Being immunosuppressed, he died from it at 55.😢

Not fair. Not at all.

22 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😥😰😥😰😥😰😥😰

In other times, I could have said: "Take a TA to Barcelona, followed by a cruise to Israel" 😁

I had an adventure last night.My blood pressure spiked to 210/100 and I spent the evening in the local hospital.

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A man of ~40 needed of kidney transplant urgently, the list was long. He was living in a large religious community, and they put out the word at the synagogue.

Some guy came forward saying he's willing to donate him a kidney "just like that". The transplant was successful, and the man decided to organize the "donor's list" - people who are willing to donate kidneys not only to their family members/friends. He dedicated himself to it.

Until the Corona's "arrival", almost 800 people were saved by this "donor's list".

He contacted Corona while visiting one of his "transplants". Being immunosuppressed, he died from it at 55.😢

Not fair. Not at all.

That is very unfair.

So sad to happen to someone who did so much good work for others.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Not fair. Not at all.

OMG - just not fair at all.     Sounds like he was an amazing person and the fact it all started with one stranger coming forward to donate his kidney makes this story a happy one. 

They say "the good die young"   Hopefully I was bad sometime or another - hehe.      

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had an adventure last night.My blood pressure spiked to 210/100 and I spent the evening in the local hospital.

You should have come over to hang out with Charlie,  his was 220/110 last week when he went to the hospital 🥴

We both got our first vaccine shot this afternoon, so far so good.  From when we left the house until we were finished was just under two hours.  Found out the site we went to ran out for tomorrow and Friday!  However, getting the second dose is going to be a headache.  Earliest appointment we could get was for Feb. 27th, too far out but took it for now.

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

We both got our first vaccine shot this afternoon, so far so good.  From when we left the house until we were finished was just under two hours.  Found out the site we went to ran out for tomorrow and Friday!  However, getting the second dose is going to be a headache.  Earliest appointment we could get was for Feb. 27th, too far out but took it for now.

Glad you got the first one but that seems a long time for the second.  

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is snowing tonight.

20210121000329336_e671807f88e6427ba7755451fee752f0_824414105.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I have always pictured England as more damp and rainy than snowy. I've never been there in winter. Winter travel is straight to the Caribbean... except this year.😏

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure why, but I have always pictured England as more damp and rainy than snowy. I've never been there in winter. Winter travel is straight to the Caribbean... except this year.😏

It has been raining non stop for 2 days.

It has been snowing for 2 hours.

20210121002751432_a693b32677314b39b16fd75f9397adcc_824414105.jpg

Edited by grapau27
3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don't understand why they can't schedule second doses to match the time frame recommended for the specific vaccine. I still find this very concerning.