"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

-2c degrees here at moment, and our first proper fall of snow of the winter started about 30 minutes ago. My youngest son is coming over to collect our dog to take her for a walk, so looking forward to seeing him face to face for a few brief minutes, all be it outside and socially distanced 

Edited by sgmn
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

28f and cold this morning.

The roads are icy and my car windscreen is white with frost.

Just had breakfast in bed so I will pop outside shortly to defrost the car windows before we get ready to go to church.

Hopefully after church we will be able to pop along to McDonald's and get a snack then go to the nearest beach for a walk.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Stay safe.

Graham.

Isn't it hard to social distance at church? I'm suprised people are going to church with the increase in cases and the new strain. Pauline hasn't had it before has sne?

44 minutes ago, sgmn said:

There are strict rules on services. My church also has their services on line.

I must admit I'm surprised in person religious services are still allowed when our country is doing so badly under Covid and under nationwide lockdown. 

Weddings are banned (except under exceptional circumstances and then only up to 6 people) and strict rules on funerals 

The Bishop of Durham  still allows services but they have to be kept as short as possible usually 45 minutes.

Last week our vicar went to the vestry rather than speaking to everyone on the way out so everyone filed out of the church quickly.

Graham.

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Isn't it hard to social distance at church? I'm suprised people are going to church with the increase in cases and the new strain. Pauline hasn't had it before has sne?

Only every other line of  pews is used.

A one way system is marked out on the floor.

Everyone socially distances and wears masks.

Only bread is given at holy sacrement.

As far as we know Pauline hasn't had covid19 although she was close to me all the time I had Covid19 so she might be asymptomatic.

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Only every other line of  pews is used.

A one way system is marked out on the floor.

Everyone socially distances and wears masks.

Only bread is given at holy sacrement.

As far as we know Pauline hasn't had covid19 although she was close to me all the time I had Covid19 so she might be asymptomatic.

Stay safe Graham.

Snow is getting so bad now I don't think my son will be able to make it over to walk our dog as they live on a hill and it's getting iffy to drive . We're not use to this much snow here in the south 

Edited by sgmn
44 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Stay safe Graham.

Snow is getting so bad now I don't think my son will be able to make it over to walk our dog as they live on a hill and it's getting iffy to drive . We're not use to this much snow here in the south 

Thanks Sue.

There is no snow up here just ice.

We are going for a walk now.

Take care and stay safe too.

Graham.

16114875982742554652708090438535.jpg

Edited by grapau27
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The Bishop of Durham  still allows services but they have to be kept as short as possible usually 45 minutes.

Last week our vicar went to the vestry rather than speaking to everyone on the way out so everyone filed out of the church quickly.

Graham.

Over the summer we were using alternate pews.  We had had no deaths up until the first week of November, since then all worship has gone online.  In December when our COVID rate soared (we seem to have got the London variant) churches closed even for private prayer.  Almost all of our (now) 62 deaths have been in the 70+ age group.  I think that Govt have just done anything they could to try to reduce the harrowing toll.  

We have 20% of the population had their first vaccination.   I hope this is has the impact we are hoping for.  

8 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Over the summer we were using alternate pews.  We had had no deaths up until the first week of November, since then all worship has gone online.  In December when our COVID rate soared (we seem to have got the London variant) churches closed even for private prayer.  Almost all of our (now) 62 deaths have been in the 70+ age group.  I think that Govt have just done anything they could to try to reduce the harrowing toll.  

We have 20% of the population had their first vaccination.   I hope this is has the impact we are hoping for.  

This morning there was only 15 of us parishioners  plus Father David and the organist in church.

Graham.

36 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Glad Gibraltar is getting it under control. I read yesterday that you are doing well with the vaccine rollout. 20% is amazing 👍

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

There is no snow up here just ice.

Take care and stay safe too.

Graham.

16114875982742554652708090438535.jpg

That looks like a lovely place for a walk.  Even when it is cold I like to walk by the water.  Here it is the best time to find shells too.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We have about 30 of those.😉

The artist, Londono, has a studio in Tarpon Springs. She actually made a few for me

Bought the one I pictured....in Curacao.   Guessing it came into the island with a huge container from China.  😉   It was a bit bigger than my usual fridge magnets I collect at each port.  

16 hours ago, Keksie said:

Had a great lunch and found the dog beach to take our dog when it warms up,

Beautiful!!  And yup, I always feel that the Panhandle in that area has the most beautiful beaches in the world.  Even over Hawaii...IMHO!  😉  

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My knowledge of US geography is constantly improving with every mention of someone's location... Cocoa Beach/Ocala, Amelia Island, Ormond Beach, Indian Creek, and now - Pensacola Beach 😁🌷

And don't forget "the swamp"....where I live.  😄 

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

You need to come visit.  

I will be near there again, but as usual further east.  We will spend 2 months (Sept./Oct.) in the "land yacht"  popping around, but mostly in Grayton Beach area.  🤗   Hopefully no hurricanes again...for either of us!!  😮 

Edited by island lady
25 minutes ago, sara mom said:

CF50BC41-899C-4354-A2DC-BD00C041DCE8.jpeg

This will be me next weekend if my Bills get passed the Chiefs today.  My friends twisted my arm and said that I wasn't really part of the mafia if I have never done this.  I will need to find the cheapest made table that easily falls apart.

For those who don't follow American Football, fans of the Buffalo Bills are called the Bills Mafia.  We have developed this strange practice of breaking tables by jumping on them...usually before games and heavily under the influence of alcohol.  Don't ask me how or why this practice developed.  It's not always alcohol related.  Many of us have had to deal with cancer and I loved seeing this tweet the other day:

SportsCenter on Twitter: "After 5 months of intense chemotherapy and battling cancer, he rang the bell Bills Mafia style! Amazing 👏 (via @neilsonvic) https://t.co/ibvHK34Eif" / Twitter

On 1/23/2021 at 1:32 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Funny how they own us and dictate how we live. Wouldn’t change a thing. 😻🥰

It is interesting (to me) the sort if affect a dog has in me. When I am driving and the person in front of me is aggravating me in some way, if I then see a dog in their car all the annoyance that I am feeling toward that driver just goes away. 

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

I will be near there again, but as usual further east.  We will spend 2 months (Sept./Oct.) in the "land yacht"  popping around, but mostly in Grayton Beach area.  🤗   Hopefully no hurricanes again...for either of us!!  😮 

You have that right.  Sally was enough for awhile.  We still need to rent a lift so my husband can trim up the trees that were damaged. 

50 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So this happened in the Sunday newspaper. 

Mazal Tov, Sue, as we say here in the "neighborhood". 

I seem to remember that Christina Marie is your only daughter, and that makes it 10 fold more emotional and exciting.

Let's hope that the wedding will take place with lots and lots of invitees, in a much more optimistic atmosphere.

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It's been a long week and I'm finally wrapped up for the day.  And I'm going to take tomorrow off!  Time to sit down and enjoy a few beverages and watch UFC 257!  

The King is back 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.36.49 PM.png

I saw this this morning...

3A2985BA-D915-449B-A91E-E6BF4B02823C.thumb.jpeg.0fd32d1f4e27d7dd2ec15e44188838c4.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Keksie said:

You have that right.  Sally was enough for awhile.  We still need to rent a lift so my husband can trim up the trees that were damaged. 

Sadly the Panhandle has suffered a lot the last couple of years.  Hoping for none..nada...zip this year!  

Mexico Beach is still suffering, but many are rebuilt now.  

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Enjoy the sea air, G + P -- and the view is good for the soul.

I admire your faithfully going to church... and McDonald's 😁 every Sunday. That's also food for the soul, in more ways than one 🌷

1 hour ago, island lady said:

And don't forget "the swamp"....where I live.  😄 

You had me with "the swamp".... looking it up....

Dr. Google says it's "Gainesville" ??? Not even near the water??😢