Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The wind last night made it feel brutal outside. To make matters worse, I should have been in Ft Lauderdale and aboard Oasis right now moving into my cabin.

 

Made the mistake of checking weather in Ft. Lauderdale it's currently 80 f 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I was shocked at the outcome.  That there was a Bernie meme not so shocking. 🙂 


Vancouver did pull out an upset over Winnipeg last night. Unfortunately Conner couldn’t do the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The wind last night made it feel brutal outside. To make matters worse, I should have been in Ft Lauderdale and aboard Oasis right now moving into my cabin.

 

And I would be on a plane coming back from PR after two glorious weeks on Freedom B2B...sigh.  😞 

 

Then even worse loss😭...packing for Australia adventure in 2 weeks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Nah...when it's 98 degrees and 80% humidity here in the summer...you can rub it in.  😉 

 

LOL my friends in Florida look forward to winter.  I envy them!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Nah...when it's 98 degrees and 80% humidity here in the summer...you can rub it in.  😉 

I don't mind dry heat but the humidity gets me every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:


Vancouver did pull out an upset over Winnipeg last night. Unfortunately Conner couldn’t do the same. 

Vancouver Winnipeg, did you mean Ottawa?  Canucks lost to the Habs last night.  

 

Conner was heavily favored, -325 was my line.  I thought the only shot Poirier had was to survive into the 5th round and out cardio McGregor.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  Those low leg kicks were super effective and when he tagged him with that right I knew it was over. 15 seconds later it was.  

 

Last night was expensive.  On top of the cost of the PPV, I'd bet heavily on the Irishman but I also went all in on Hooker over Chandler.  I had two prop bets that came in.  I bet on both fights ending before the 3rd round.  LOL Those cam in but upside down to my expectation. Now if the Buc's don't beat the Packer's today, this weekend is going to be a complete write off betting wise.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

My sister had Pfizer as well.  Was sick for two days, flu like symptoms.  Got her second shot last week,  and had some of the same side effects...but nearly as bad.  Hope your DW suffers less on second shot as well.  

 

My SIL pretty much felt the same way from her Pfizer vaccinations.    The first one she felt "yucky" for 2 days but the 2nd shot had similar side effects just not as bad.      Seems to be the pattern for a lot of people.        

Now if we could only get appointments here.     We are waiting for delivery of more vaccine for my county.    They won't schedule anything until they actually have the delivery.   

Just have to keep calling or checking online till the site opens back up.    

I feel like I am a teenage trying to buy concert tickets.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

And I would be on a plane coming back from PR after two glorious weeks on Freedom B2B...sigh.  😞 

 

Then even worse loss😭...packing for Australia adventure in 2 weeks.  

😪

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Vancouver Winnipeg, did you mean Ottawa?  Canucks lost to the Habs last night.  

 

Conner was heavily favored, -325 was my line.  I thought the only shot Poirier had was to survive into the 5th round and out cardio McGregor.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  Those low leg kicks were super effective and when he tagged him with that right I knew it was over. 15 seconds later it was.  

 

Last night was expensive.  On top of the cost of the PPV, I'd bet heavily on the Irishman but I also went all in on Hooker over Chandler.  I had two prop bets that came in.  I bet on both fights ending before the 3rd round.  LOL Those cam in but upside down to my expectation. Now if the Buc's don't beat the Packer's today, this weekend is going to be a complete write off betting wise.  

 

 

 

Don't understand the Canadian hockey speak but I'll donate my left kidney if Packers beat the Bucs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

Don't understand the Canadian hockey speak but I'll donate my left kidney if Packers beat the Bucs.  

The first line was hockey.  Everything after that was UFC.  I never bet against Tom Brady no matter what the odds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Vancouver Winnipeg, did you mean Ottawa?  Canucks lost to the Habs last night.

 

I could have sworn it was a Winnipeg, but I was half asleep while watching in bed. Either way, Toronto has lost to 1 of them. 

 

40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

 LOL Those cam in but upside down to my expectation. Now if the Buc's don't beat the Packer's today, this weekend is going to be a complete write off betting wise.  


Lisa is betting against you. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the 3 mile walk earlier today around the lake at Rockland Lake State Park, New York. We have done this multiple times during the pandemic, but today was the most invigorating at 25 degrees F and with a very brisk wind.  

 

 

20210124_121507.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

 

I could have sworn it was a Winnipeg, but I was half asleep while watching in bed. Either way, Toronto has lost to 1 of them. 

 


Lisa is betting against you. 😉

Lisa made the smart money bet.  Packer are favored by 3 1/2 but, like I said, I can't bet against Brady.  I've got  two bets. I took the points on one for -120 and then a strait up Bucs win for +160. 

 

After last night I'm not feeling great about any choice I'm making.

Edited by Tree_skier
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Did the 3 mile walk earlier today around the lake at Rockland Lake State Park, New York. We have done this multiple times during the pandemic, but today was the most invigorating at 25 degrees F and with a very brisk wind.  

 

 

20210124_121507.jpg

Beautiful picture!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think you have a clue about Florida... there are 49 more states many much bigger than Florida. 😉

I wonder how many Americans have been to all 50 states.In 1970 my wife and I did a cross county trip from NY to Calif and visited 43 cities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...