"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

The new cases have dropped from 50,000 to 20,000 this week.

35,000 people are in hospital with Covid19 in the UK compared to 18,000 on Christmas Eve.

Over 1600 deaths in the last 24 hours sadly.

That is what they are attributing our big spike to also.   CDC begged people here to not travel, instead to stay home over the holidays...but did they listen?  NO   Very sad.  

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I guess it was at a plant although that article does state they don’t think production will be effected.

The story I read started off by saying production wouldn’t be affected so I assumed that it wasn’t at a production  facility.

Still appears that despite the fire that there should be a minimal impact. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Still appears that despite the fire that there should be a minimal impact. 

Ken, you're right.

I went back to CNN, to read the article again. I think that the 1st news, saying that the production of millions and millions of A-Z vaccines was affected, was amended later.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/22/asia/india-fire-vaccine-serum-institute-intl-hnk/index.html

I'm GLAD the production will proceed as usual.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My DH suggested that I have to show other "sides" of our balcony too:

_DSC3065.thumb.JPG.3c52b97ba2b6afd7821f68077a6cde5f.JPG

Photo quoted for effect. I love this photo. Kind of reminds me of a praying mantis. 

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😰😥😰😥😰😥

Sorry Dani.  Didn’t mean to upstage you. Amelia Island is in the middle of restaurant week. Many restaurants participate and have a fixed price menu with an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Took that picture before heading to a new (to us) restaurant. 

I spent some time doing furniture repair this past week, a first for me of this extent. My dad bought this chair shortly after he graduated from the architectural program in the mid-60s. One of the supports had broke and the glue was well dried out in all the other joints. After a few YouTube videos I went at it. 

I labelled all the pieces with tape so each part went back where it belonged. The small piece in stained was the replacement part I made.  

5C054FDE-AB99-4761-9AB8-EEB80F057608.thumb.jpeg.7adcc05069843cb1c896abc75f1ffc77.jpeg

On Saturday I disassembled the chair removed all the old glue, sanded down connecting locations and applied new glue. Then attached clamps and placed a heavy tool box on it to make sure it sat level. 

40DC7811-7501-4022-BA91-6ED681A4DE20.thumb.jpeg.f97dd096e23b2e8d7f59b9858eb9202a.jpeg

Yesterday I matched the stain as close as I could. 

4BFC4827-3AE2-4923-A4FA-5FD9A167722F.thumb.jpeg.01d48e31d838ba35808db6783e1e54cc.jpeg

I then removed the clamps and did the staining. The new replacement piece is the lower thin piece. I also went over any areas that needed it. 

Next part of the project, I will reupholster the chair. Material is ordered. Photos to come. It’s pretty ratty but it’s decades old and sat in a corner of the cottage basement for a long time. I haven’t done this before either. 

FA40BFC8-951F-42FD-A434-5F43E7A06CB1.thumb.jpeg.22b30529015cd2fc1b636f3f35a98265.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😰😥😰😥😰😥

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry Dani.  Didn’t mean to upstage you. Amelia Island is in the middle of restaurant week. Many restaurants participate and have a fixed price menu with an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Took that picture before heading to a new (to us) restaurant. 

Don’t worry Dani, I’m attracted to flashy things. Post a car pic tomorrow and you win. 😉

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I spent some time doing furniture repair this past week, a first for me of this extent. My dad bought this chair shortly after he graduated from the architectural program in the mid-60s. One of the supports had broke and the glue was well dried out in all the other joints. After a few YouTube videos I went at it. 

I labelled all the pieces with tape so each part went back where it belonged. The small piece in stained was the replacement part I made.  

5C054FDE-AB99-4761-9AB8-EEB80F057608.thumb.jpeg.7adcc05069843cb1c896abc75f1ffc77.jpeg

On Saturday I disassembled the chair removed all the old glue, sanded down connecting locations and applied new glue. Then attached clamps and placed a heavy tool box on it to make sure it sat level. 

40DC7811-7501-4022-BA91-6ED681A4DE20.thumb.jpeg.f97dd096e23b2e8d7f59b9858eb9202a.jpeg

Yesterday I matched the stain as close as I could. 

4BFC4827-3AE2-4923-A4FA-5FD9A167722F.thumb.jpeg.01d48e31d838ba35808db6783e1e54cc.jpeg

I then removed the clamps and did the staining. The new replacement piece is the lower thin piece. I also went over any areas that needed it. 

Next part of the project, I will reupholster the chair. Material is ordered. Photos to come. It’s pretty ratty but it’s decades old and sat in a corner of the cottage basement for a long time. I haven’t done this before either. 

FA40BFC8-951F-42FD-A434-5F43E7A06CB1.thumb.jpeg.22b30529015cd2fc1b636f3f35a98265.jpeg

Great work( as long as it does not fall apart when in use.)

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

157/71 isnt too bad.  Good luck tomorrow.  Keep us posted.

My Neurologist wants me to have an MRI of the brain.I have an appointment for Feb.5.However,I am getting the second dose of the Covid vaccine on Feb.3 and I am told that there can be many side effects.

7 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Great work( as long as it does not fall apart when in use.)

Many thanks. I placed about 40lbs on it for 30 hours and stayed stable when I sat on it afterwards. It won’t be used daily by any means, but I didn’t have the heart to throw it out. 

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Neurologist wants me to have an MRI of the brain.I have an appointment for Feb.5.However,I am getting the second dose of the Covid vaccine on Feb.3 and I am told that there can be many side effects.

All of our fingers have been crossed for you, and will continue to be.  

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Many thanks. I placed about 40lbs on it for 30 hours and stayed stable when I sat on it afterwards. It won’t be used daily by any means, but I didn’t have the heart to throw it out. 

All of our fingers have been crossed for you, and will continue to be.  

Thank you very much.I truly appreciate it.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

We are now in the middle of total gut out of the main bathroom...ugg...getting too old for this crap.  Luckily have the guest bathroom as replacement...but almost didn't. 

Couple weeks ago Bucky noticed the plastic drain pipe in the guest bathroom looked odd...was starting to break down and crumble.  Sure enough rotten, plus the little sink was not attached to the wall correctly.  Soooo while we were waiting for custom cabinets we ordered to come in (takes 12 weeks!!) for the main bathroom...we luckily just got the guest bathroom done (and looking good!!)  Total remodel in there that was unplanned!  Thank you Lowes and Amazon for getting us through that with in stock supplies!! 

The new cabinets for main bath coming in tomorrow.  Whew!!  

Our master bath remodel starts in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it!

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

How about some Lucy video. Turn up the volume for the purr action. 

Lucy is a beautiful cat. My wife and I had a cat for 19 years.She was part of the family.At meal times she had a chair and would pick up food with her paws. She and I listened to music together,watched TV and she waited by the door all day for me to return from work.She left us in 2004 but I miss her dearly.