"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

We are at Harrahs, a nice suite but lost money 😢Tomorrow we will see how it goes because more things will be open.  Apparently, only Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday have things open.  Will not come back during the week.  Most of the different towers were closed so not much choice room wise.  Luckily, I am friends with one of the checkin girls so she put us in the tower we wanted even though most of it is closed.  At least it is quiet!!   Dry few food options.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

No luck at the slots yet but a great meal at Morton’s Steakhouse 

I love Mortons,  I've been to the ones in San Jose, Anaheim, West Palm Beach, Cincinnati and the Galleria one in Houston.  I love them.  My first one ever was Cincinnati.  I've been hooked ever since.

• Like 3

Well today was a big day. It was my last work day in Canada.  Tuesday night we decided to stick a fork in it and call it done. I realized that no matter how much I do there will always be more that needs to be done and I have to let the folks that I have trained carry that on without me. Wednesday and this morning I wrapped up my final commitments and tomorrow we begin our move back to California.  I've just finished the bulk of the packing and will wrap up the rest tomorrow in the morning. 

We will drive back to Vancouver where we'll spend, at most, 7 days (hopefully 4) sorting some things out then cross the border.  Feb 16th 2020 we crossed back into Canada for a short four week visit, some things happened and eleven and a half months later we are leaving.  

It is a bitter sweet day.  I've been anxious to get back home to my family, home and work there.  However I'm little sad to leave my "home and native land".  Having lived in the US since 2015. I had forgotten how much I loved and missed some things in Canada. Surprisingly, I have had my fill of snow but will miss the remarkable beauty that is unmatched by any place in the world.  Of course it snowed again today just to give me one final, glorious, white send off.  As far as days in lockdown is concerned. This was the biggest so far.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You look happy.

A carton of cherries and a carton of Raspberries and in Venice too.👍

Dark sweet cherries come a close 2nd to the "cub's" favorite raspberries 😁.

Cherries can be found in Israel for a short period of time, at a PRICE...

A must visit to every market -- St. Lawrence Market (Toronto)

IMG_20130723_110859.thumb.jpg.757863cdfc4367486ea96d9ed8110483.jpg

Rialto Market (Venice)

P1040542.thumb.JPG.346c12f01ac1e16a5389ff7dae0c6582.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Rialto Market (Venice)

The fruit looks delicious.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

However I'm little sad to leave my "home and native land".  Having lived in the US since 2015. I had forgotten how much I loved and missed some things in Canada.

Sounds like true patriot love.

• Like 1

I live less than an hour away (several hours in bad traffic)  and have never been as an adult.  I think my parents took me there once as a kid.  

Funny how we travel the world to see different sights yet ignore things right in our own backyard. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Rialto Market (Venice)

We grow our own blackberries and blueberries.  Last summer did not produce as much as we like, hopefully this year will produce more.   We also have a young cherry tree.   Boy, the birds love to pick at all of these if we dont get our nets over them early.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, singinalot said:

woohoo! which one?

keep us posted and enjoy!!!!

It was LIVEAQUA. Fantastic place! While there were plenty of covid restrictions, no masks needed at the beach, no hassles if you didn't wear one unless you were in the lobby or hallway. One interesting thing we learned about Cancun: They have the covid thing down pat. Temps taken at mall entry point, hand sanitizer mandatory. In the stores you even have to dip your feet onto a disinfected mat. We felt completely safe there. Had to covid test upon our return, both negative. My job required a quarantine so I just teleworked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, johnjen said:

In the stores you even have to dip your feet onto a disinfected mat. We felt completely safe there. Had to covid test upon our return, both negative. My job required a quarantine so I just teleworked. 

That's a new one to me. Never heard of having to dip feet into disinfectant mat.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I live less than an hour away (several hours in bad traffic)  and have never been as an adult.  I think my parents took me there once as a kid.  

Funny how we travel the world to see different sights yet ignore things right in our own backyard. 

Agree, Ken. We say to ourselves: "there is time, it will always be here"...

We haven't been yet to Nazareth.... Waiting for our Christian relatives to come visit and to take them there.... and see it ourselves at the same time 😁

BTW, while visiting your beautiful and friendly country, we went to Saint John City Market and Vancouver's Granville Island Market (didn't want to post too many pics 😉).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Nice little spot. 🙂

It was. A very enjoyable half a day.

They had cherries for 4 CAD a kilo, and "pick your cherries" for another dollar. I hand picked every one of them, the biggest and the stone-hardest ones, "cherishing" (pun intended) every minute 😁😁 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree, Ken. We say to ourselves: "there is time, it will always be here"...

We haven't been yet to Nazareth.... Waiting for our Christian relatives to come visit and to take them there.... and see it ourselves at the same time 😁

BTW, while visiting your beautiful and friendly country, we went to Saint John City Market and Vancouver's Granville Island Market (didn't want to post too many pics 😉).

You're first post got me thinking about this summer.  With our Alaska cruise as well as most likely our Baltic cruise on the chopping block this would be a perfect time to look into an extended road trip either out west or down east.  Travel within Canada, especially driving should be fine for this summer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Rialto Market (Venice)

Those raspberries look fabulous... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's a new one to me. Never heard of having to dip feet into disinfectant mat.

We had to do this as well as a temp check and hand sanitizer when visiting my mother in hospice.  I've never seen it outside a medical facility though.

• Like 1

Vancouver's Granville Island Market

I love GIM. Years ago, I lived for a brief time, just down the road on W. 4th Ave.  An incredibly diverse and vibrant place to live.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You're first post got me thinking about this summer.  With our Alaska cruise as well as most likely our Baltic cruise on the chopping block this would be a perfect time to look into an extended road trip either out west or down east.  Travel within Canada, especially driving should be fine for this summer.

Head west... the drive from either Jasper or Banff to Vancouver is one of the most picturesque stretches of highway you could ever travel.

• Like 3