Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had fun with the bees yesterday.  We were eating outside and one would come investigate and we would get it.  After that another one came and we got that one.  This was the game for quite awhile, my daughter and daughter-in-law would catch one and another would show up.  We decided they must send out a bee signal!  The fly swatter had quite a workout 😳🐝

• Haha 1

Living in the country we seem to attract all unwanted guest. 
Now this year being quarantined I have had the opportunity to observe more getting my exercise in street walking. 

So far this year 

Deer

Skunks
 Raccoon

Coyote

Geese

Ducks

Snakes

Turkeys

Hawks

Rabbits

Groundhog

and

Bees 

Stay healthy. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Not bad....Fishing for Halibut Homer AK...start to finish.  Locked down in remote cabin on the Bay.  😉 

20200817_180731 (1).jpg

20200817_143843.jpg

Pictures quoted for effect. 

I wish I still had a head of hair like that. 

Halibut great tasting fish. My buddy,  whom I mentioned before and you gave great advice , him and his wife are both in Alaska. They went offshore Wednesday. Got a good catch. 

9A3EA810-9838-4A9C-B559-32209097795E.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

IMO, you have taken the best place to be in a lock down.  🍷🍷

Yes, loving it!  Got tested for Covid before we left (negative fortunately for both of us...whew!) as required by Alaska travel restrictions.  We are sooooo remote out here, 10 miles from town...last 3 down two track gravel road.  Very quiet.  Lots of Halibut stocked up now for grilling!  🙂  And of course so is the wine.  Sitting on the big deck of the cabin looking out over the bay and three glaciers on the opposite side...surreal!  

20200815_165557 (1).jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Halibut great tasting fish. My buddy,  whom I mentioned before and you gave great advice , him and his wife are both in Alaska. They went offshore Wednesday. Got a good catch.

Happy to hear they made it, and they are most welcome.  🙂 

Fishing indeed is great up here.  We both love Halibut...only kept what we wanted for the two weeks at the cabin, gave the rest to the other four (very grateful) fisherman/woman on the boat we chartered.  I also caught some Rockfish...great in Tacos and sandwiches.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Subs or Hoagies, but have seen listed as Grinders....Wedge??  

Is that like soda in Florida, versus "pop" in Michigan where I originated from?  😉 

I grew up in Westchester NY

The term wedge is used in Westchester County, New York, Putnam County, New York, Dutchess County, New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut – four counties directly north of New York City.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

Subs or Hoagies, but have seen listed as Grinders....Wedge??  

Is that like soda in Florida, versus "pop" in Michigan where I originated from?  😉 

St Louis is the green area right in the middle. They say soda. Kansas City says pop. That's how you could tell where someone was from at the University of Missouri back in the day

The chart indicates the south just says Coke

A little bit of Soda in South FL

FB_IMG_1598033409014.jpg.742236e3b20eaa42a8d3c47e2445f81f.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

It's a NY thing. That's what I grew up calling them. Now I call them subs

Here in NYC, we tend to say "hero" or "sub."

And definitely "soda."  I was introduced to "pop" by folks from Michigan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, loving it!  Got tested for Covid before we left (negative fortunately for both of us...whew!) as required by Alaska travel restrictions.  We are sooooo remote out here, 10 miles from town...last 3 down two track gravel road.  Very quiet.  Lots of Halibut stocked up now for grilling!  🙂  And of course so is the wine.  Sitting on the big deck of the cabin looking out over the bay and three glaciers on the opposite side...surreal!  

Looks great and as you said surreal. Glad you two were able to get away and enjoy. I still can remember one poster busting your b!@#$ about you being from Florida only doing cruises for vacations and getaways and now you have no life because of COVID shutting down cruising. I also remember you setting that poster straight concerning your travels. 👍 Enjoy.  🍷🍷

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I grew up in Westchester NY

The term wedge is used in Westchester County, New York, Putnam County, New York, Dutchess County, New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut – four counties directly north of New York City.

Interesting that I have been visiting friends and relatives in Westchester County for more than 50 years and never heard that term before.