Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, singinalot said:

cheers from the pool

286BB9DB-DFF4-4392-A328-2D572BEAA094.jpeg

B8C10679-A2FE-4D14-B272-947DEE8D9BA1.jpeg

I am so jealous.  Are you staying at the Palazzo?   Look at that blue sky.  Have a wonderful time.  How has your experience been there?  Is is sad with no shows and nightlife?  

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

We described the weather as if we were blow drying our face with the hair dryer. lol.

First time we went it was mid-July. It felt like 1000 blow dryers on high radiating from the sidewalk. 

• Like 1

I watch the love boat show on dvd.

Also look at my photos of past cruises last one neing Ovation.

I went on ebay and bought new unused hat from Sovereign of the seas. Then sadly looked at photos of her being demolished.

Sad because the next ship to join the Turkey ship cemetery will be Carn Fascination which I also sailed on around same time frame.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:54 AM, Oceansaway17 said:

I watch the love boat show on dvd.

Wow, I'm so happy to hear someone else watches the show.  The reruns are on weekly here and tonight's episode feature Donny Osmond.  It's so corny though and we always note how the entire crew would be fired if they worked on a ship today.

• Like 1

We just got back from our first time back in Atlantic City.  Things were definitely different.  We were lucky with the weather and had a great meal outside at Gordon Ramsey.   At least I had a cosmo that I could drink at the table, otherwise drinks have to be consumed outside or in your room.  We came home with more money than we left with so that was good!  I think we will wait awhile before we go back though.

• Like 1

I can say I live in paradise. 15 minutes to Siesta Beach in Sarasota Florida. Bought an Alexa for dad and mom. Both elderly and on lockdown in an ALF 40 minutes from me. Hard knowing they can't leave their room and go downstairs, but that's the best way for the facility to stay cove free. My mom always says all I want is a hug. I go online almost every day and look at YouTube videos of cruises and then I go look at prices, but then I tell myself I'm not giving them any money until they are up and running and things are working out.

Happy Cruising everyone!   Someday

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, davekathy said:

Cabernet Sovereign, Merlot or Pinot Noir? 🍷

A nice red Zin for the grill chef...me off to the side with camera phone, enjoying a chilled SB.  😉 

Local brewed Oatmeal Stout...local oysters...local beer...good pair up. 😋 

Last Oysters we had prior....paired up with a super chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc...also a good choice!  

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Yesterday I spent a couple hours learning how to use a drone. I’ve been wanting to buy one for our travels but hesitated to make the purchase in case it to would be too much for me, but I’m now hooked and will be purchasing soon. 

That’s cool. We have a couple and use them mostly for motorcycle skills training. 

M8

• Like 1

Lucy tonight was on a roll tonight. You can hear the crickets which are now out in full force and maybe the cicadas too. It’s that time of the year. You will also hear Lisa and Owen are laughing at her.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy tonight was on a roll tonight. You can hear the crickets which are now out in full force and maybe the cicadas too. It’s that time of the year. You will also hear Lisa and Owen are laughing at her.

Cute cat videos should always be seen again!

On 8/30/2020 at 5:10 PM, yogimax said:

Wow, I'm so happy to hear someone else watches the show.  The reruns are on weekly here and tonight's episode feature Donny Osmond.  It's so corny though and we always note how the entire crew would be fired if they worked on a ship today.

I love to go on You tube and find the Princess ships horn song of love boat theme.

Also, during this pandemic I am doing retro.

I found my VHS tapes  of My 3 sons and i am watching. 

Speaking of Donny Osmond, I bet he is glad rhe Vegas show ended last year

Toodles

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

probably picking up the Mavic Mini combo

Love my Mavic Air 2.  A little more expensive than the Mini but rock solid in the wind and I use the 4K/60 video setting quite a bit for smooth slo-mo video. I considered the Mini because it's a great little drone and it's less than 250g in weight, and therefore doesn't need to be registered with the FAA.  FAA registration is easy though and only costs $5 for 3 years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I love to go on You tube and find the Princess ships horn song of love boat theme.

Also, during this pandemic I am doing retro.

I found my VHS tapes  of My 3 sons and i am watching. 

Speaking of Donny Osmond, I bet he is glad rhe Vegas show ended last year

Toodles

Oh no, it's sad!  Yes, Donny Osmond is ashamed of his hillbilly family, but I'm sure Gopher, Julie, Isaac and the Doc can set him straight.

Our daughter is now watching every episode made of "The Amazing Race."

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Oh no, it's sad!  Yes, Donny Osmond is ashamed of his hillbilly family, but I'm sure Gopher, Julie, Isaac and the Doc can set him straight.

Our daughter is now watching every episode made of "The Amazing Race."

Big fan of the Amazing Race

Actually met Phil at Dulles. They were filming a cable show where they took someone for 48 hours on a trip of a lifetime. I had to sign a release for my two seconds of air time

Edited by John&LaLa

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we LOVE Amazing Race too 🙂

Same here.  One season they traveled through Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat, Oman, among other places.  We were so intrigued we decided to go an Arabian Gulf cruise.  One of our most memorable ever.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Same here.  One season they traveled through Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat, Oman, among other places.  We were so intrigued we decided to go an Arabian Gulf cruise.  One of our most memorable ever.

India is always the best episodes😉

I do recall one episode in Sweden at IKEA that was hillarious 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1