"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Car buying made simple is probably a good description.

We are blessed to live only 4 miles from s beautiful coastline.

With UK lockdown we have to stay local so we now go to the beach 4-5 days a week.

Hope you like these recent pictures.

Screenshot_20210228_185619_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185704_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190212_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185827_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190107_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185955_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185927_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185904_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_185827_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210228_190043_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Beautiful.  You are both very lucky to live near a coastline.  I cannot wait for warmer weather so we can take a drive to see the ocean.  Coming soon!

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Rag doll !! That's what I had in mind when I said "full fur"....

I remember seeing this "model" and fell in love with it, but when I've checked a little, the price as well as them being prone to stomach obstruction [?] problems because of the quantity of fur they ingest, have put me off...

Our ragdoll is very healthy and has had no problems at 14, wife does comb him daily , we got him from a shelter as a kitten and they thought he was Siamese but he definitely a ragdoll.

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You'll have to let us know what she did!  

Apparently she told someone to leave the chat part of the game(which she knows she is not supposed to be in).  She told them in a very not polite way.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Don't sell yourself short. My SIL and I can take a picture of the exact same object at the same time with almost the same phone (hers Galaxy S9 vs my Galaxy S10) and her picture will be far better 10 times out of 10.  Professional quality stuff. 

I'm still using my S8. Was thinking about getting the S21 this year but kind if annoyed that Samsung took out the SD card support and no head phone jack. In someways it seems like a down grade.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Car buying made simple is probably a good description.

We are blessed to live only 4 miles from s beautiful coastline.

With UK lockdown we have to stay local so we now go to the beach 4-5 days a week.

Hope you like these recent pictures.

Those pictures are from different trips or your wife packs a steamer trunk so she can change between shots?...😇

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Recently upgraded to the 12 Pro Max. Love it. 

From which model?  We generally get a new phone every two years. Didn’t see enough to make the jump from 11 Pro Max?  What major improvements did you find?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those pictures are from different trips or your wife packs a steamer trunk so she can change between shots?...😇

UK lockdown means we have to stay local so now we are at the beach 4-5 times a week.

I could fit a shop out with all her dresses,hand bags,leather gloves,shoes,cashmere wraps etc etc🥴🤫🧐🥺

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm still using my S8. Was thinking about getting the S21 this year but kind if annoyed that Samsung took out the SD card support and no head phone jack. In someways it seems like a down grade.

I agree but that's the trend in phones these days. Helps make them slimmer and trimmer. 

I get the headphone jack as wireless ear buds do away with wires. I don't get the SD card slot. I guess a push to keep things on the cloud? At least most phones come with a ton of storage. 

Reviews of the S21 have been positive so far. 

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I agree but that's the trend in phones these days. Helps make them slimmer and trimmer. 

I get the headphone jack as wireless ear buds do away with wires. I don't get the SD card slot. I guess a push to keep things on the cloud? At least most phones come with a ton of storage. 

Reviews of the S21 have been positive so far. 

I, too, understand the head phone jack and I use Samsung Buds live, which I really like, with my s8. But I'd much rather have my data in my phone than somewhere out in the cloud and have to pay for that storage. And though I think 256 gb in the s21 is probably plenty of storage I still find myself not wanting to give up the SD card.

I have been reading good reviews about the phone and the battery in my s8 is getting a bit weak though I could get it replaced for $60. Decisions, decisions....

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been reading good reviews about the phone and the battery in my s8 is getting a bit weak though I could get it replaced for $60. Decisions, decisions.

Lol $60 to get a few more years out of a phone you love is a great deal. But those shiny, new ones are so tempting......😀

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa made some corn bread this morning.

E2A34F14-6335-4583-A8EB-12951951E750.thumb.jpeg.8349ee02181d495ca433192adbc7fdc0.jpeg

It went well with our BBQ tonight, pork ribs.

E7752020-63A5-491F-B2BA-B2E75D649405.thumb.jpeg.f35eb87a8f81c3d57b92a632b7a1923f.jpeg

E3CE2FB0-F21A-4D55-87C7-3B9EFA6AB870.thumb.jpeg.7bdf8576717fe9f18d810485ed750590.jpeg

9F68B29A-769B-4C32-A4EE-4C96872F235B.thumb.jpeg.b58ce0b50c1c6aea93e9d05466cd574c.jpeg

That looks so delicious!  I also like the apple cobbler you’d made.  I made apple crisp the other day to go with ice cream also.  So easy and so good.

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa made some corn bread this morning.

It went well with our BBQ tonight, pork ribs.

Both look amazing.

I envy you those pork ribs -- pork is not "kusher", so it can only be find in special butcheries, owned by immigrants from Russia. Mainly steaks. Pork ribs -- very very rare. I enjoy them while cruising...

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, understand the head phone jack and I use Samsung Buds live, which I really like, with my s8. But I'd much rather have my data in my phone than somewhere out in the cloud and have to pay for that storage. And though I think 256 gb in the s21 is probably plenty of storage I still find myself not wanting to give up the SD card.

I have been reading good reviews about the phone and the battery in my s8 is getting a bit weak though I could get it replaced for $60. Decisions, decisions....

I'm the same.  I prefer using my sd card then the cloud.  I have no desire to get caught up in the cloud.

I think I have samsung 9 or 10 and I was looking at upgrading just didnt see anything that is making me take the leap.

10 minutes ago, singinalot said:

had to go pick up a box spring for our new bed and stumbled on a beautiful frozen creek 

C570CE25-16A0-46D1-8FFA-9AE78B635A61.jpeg

C201CCEF-ABEE-42EA-8C0D-4A4D0201EE00.jpeg

7AA1E0E5-CB72-43F8-AA50-3F742A1E7F8F.jpeg

Looks great!  I went out for a walk today and came across the city workers dynamiting the ice on the river near my home.

image.thumb.jpeg.43d1a87e4028069802c8678749bc3d09.jpeg

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Both look amazing.

I envy you those pork ribs -- pork is not "kusher", so it can only be find in special butcheries, owned by immigrants from Russia. Mainly steaks. Pork ribs -- very very rare. I enjoy them while cruising...

You are correct, it is definitely different here for obvious reasons.  I will say though, I am an equal opportunist, beef or pork ribs are delicious. 😋

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Looks great!  I went out for a walk today and came across the city workers dynamiting the ice on the river near my home.

image.thumb.jpeg.43d1a87e4028069802c8678749bc3d09.jpeg

Are they blowing out the ice to help the flow for spring melt?  It is starting to get warmer this week by London, hopefully for you as well. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Are they blowing out the ice to help the flow for spring melt?  It is starting to get warmer this week London, hopefully for you as well. 

Yes.  They’ve been doing it since late in the 1880s.  We watched them cutting ‘keys’ last week in prep for this weekend’s blasting.  They had to stop for awhile  because the water in the Rideau River is a little low right now and they don’t want to have an ice jam near the dam/falls.  They’ll start again in a few days.  That’s the Ottawa River and Quebec in the background, we Re looking north from Ottawa.

image.thumb.jpeg.0d425931e8d303f58df557021ac98f92.jpeg

Edited by d9704011

Just to complete the photo journalism, here is a shot of Rideau Falls where the ice will empty into the Ottawa River.  The other image shows the local icebreaker (a barge with a backhoe on it) breaking up the ice in The Ottawa River just north of the falls to get things ready for the eventual movement of all the ice and melt water downstream to Montreal.

967786AE-2510-4761-978C-7DCA1054ED6E.jpeg

D6C6B2FB-CD57-4441-AB80-21F913584FCD.jpeg