Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

Are you itching? Some of the people on the neighborhood website reported severe itching in the shot arm a few days after receiving the vaccine. General recommendation was to get the second shot in the other arm. 

29 minutes ago, George C said:

My dad drove in nyc all his working life first as a truck driver then as a taxi driver, I did not inherit his skills.

I don't even like driving in San Francisco. I couldn't imagine driving in New York City from all the images I have seen of the traffic there. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Whoever designed the  X-Bronx Expressway had to be doing drugs.

You mean that stretch of I-95 that is littered with mufflers, hubcaps and tailpipes from cars that failed to avoid potholes the size of moon craters....not that they would be able to as you'll be wedged-in by 18-wheelers about 3 inches from your car on all sides. The ridiculous short exit/entrance ramps are a delight as well. Then again, with bumper-to-bumper traffic 24/7, merging in and out is just a pipe dream.

Yeah, I'll drive 50 miles out of my way to avoid that road too.

28 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

When I moved to Ct in the early sixties, after I drove through the city coming from Pa, i vowed never to do that again. Instead , i worked my way to the Tappan Zee bridge.   That was too much for this farm boy.

Smart choice. And the "new" Tappan Zee Bride is so much better  than the old bridge.  I refuse to call it by it's "official" name. 😉   (hint: it's named after a former NY governor that has a son who is the current NY governor)

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Are you itching? Some of the people on the neighborhood website reported severe itching in the shot arm a few days after receiving the vaccine. General recommendation was to get the second shot in the other arm. 

I have the rash that they are calling a delayed cutaneous hypersensitivity or covid arm that appears 8 to 11 days after having the first Moderna shot.  It is itchy and inflamed with a couple spots that feel like marbles under the skin.  They are saying take an antihistamine but severe cases are getting a steroid.  I did also see that it is recommended to get the second shot in the other arm.  As long as I can still get the second shot, I am happy.

I just hadn't run into anyone that had a reaction this late after the shot. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't even like driving in San Francisco. I couldn't imagine driving in New York from all the images I have seen of the traffic there. :classic_biggrin:

Have you ever taken a defensive driving class? They should teach offensive driving for NYC. It's the only to move, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same spot for life.

I've been to San Fran twice. It has it's own set of challenges. Can't say it's harder or easier, just different. Some of the streets are a lot steeper than they appear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Have you ever taken a defensive driving class? They should teach offensive driving for NYC. It's the only to move, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same spot for life.

I've been to San Fran twice. It has it's own set of challenges. Can't say it's harder or easier, just different. Some of the streets are a lot steeper than they appear.

I commuted to Boston for 15 years, NYC is a peace of cake! 😄 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Tis is true.  It's been a long time - 20 years maybe - since I  was in Boston. I forgotten how challenging  it can be.  Must've blocked it out of my memory 😃

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have the rash that they are calling a delayed cutaneous hypersensitivity or covid arm that appears 8 to 11 days after having the first Moderna shot.  It is itchy and inflamed with a couple spots that feel like marbles under the skin.  They are saying take an antihistamine but severe cases are getting a steroid.  I did also see that it is recommended to get the second shot in the other arm.  As long as I can still get the second shot, I am happy.

That seems about right. A couple of people reported a week after receiving it. You should probably call your doctor and tell him or her and report it on the side effects website. I hope you feel better soon. 

We're not eligible yet. :classic_sad:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I drove in Brussels/all of Belgium and Paris/France for 5 years.

The rules are exactly opposite from what I've been used in Israel.

The right of "right" on a main road, with Belgians "erupting" from side streets without even checking if you'll be able to slow down... Being already inside a round about, and having to slow down to give the "right".

Driving constantly with your foot at the "ready" on the brakes.... Uh.

The main benefit from having the courage to drive there was that I've gained many "friends" from the diplomatic mission, who were able to shop in tax free shops.

I drove them, and shopped my "share"....😉

• Like 5

Just now, Coralc said:

That seems about right. A couple of people reported a week after receiving it. You should probably call your doctor and tell him and report it on the side effects website. I hope you feel better soon. 

We're not eligible yet. :classic_sad:

Thanks.  🙂  

I am only eligible because of comorbidities, I don't make it age wise yet either.  I am going to register with the v-safe website tonight and report it.  They are collecting pictures too I guess.  Doctor says antihistamine for now but call if it worsens.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks.  🙂  

I am only eligible because of comorbidities, I don't make it age wise yet either.  I am going to register with the v-safe website tonight and report it.  They are collecting pictures too I guess.  Doctor says antihistamine for now but call if it worsens.  

Get well soon. Just read about the rash thing yesterday.  It was not in the brochure😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You mean that stretch of I-95 that is littered with mufflers, hubcaps and tailpipes from cars that failed to avoid potholes the size of moon craters....not that they would be able to as you'll be wedged-in by 18-wheelers about 3 inches from your car on all sides. The ridiculous short exit/entrance ramps are a delight as well. Then again, with bumper-to-bumper traffic 24/7, merging in and out is just a pipe dream.

Yeah, I'll drive 50 miles out of my way to avoid that road.

Smart choice. And the "new" Tappan Zee Bride is so much better  than the old bridge.  I refuse to call it by it's "official" name. 😉   (hint: it's named after a former NY governor that has a son who is the current NY governor)

Never been on the new bridge. When I-84 was completed, we used the Newburgh bridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have not heard about this rash.     Hope it goes away soon. 

I got the pfizer shot yesterday, we both did good other than horrible nights sleep for both of us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So, my daughter, who still lives here with her daughter, went to the same place we did for her vaccine.  She was in and out in no time and they scheduled her second appointment right there.  They did not do that for us and she got a sticker!   

image.png

You were robbed!   No sticker and no scheduling of 2nd appt.    No Fair!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

My SIL just told me my Brother has been hanging out in bed all day as he had his 2nd moderna shot a couple days and last night he started to feel "crappy" and went to be early and today he still feels "crappy".    She is charge nurse in a ICU so he's in good hands.     She's got him taking tylenol and drinking plenty of fluids and says he should be better tomorrow.     No rash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I lived 10mins. from the Tappan Zee bridge. We moved to TX 18 years ago and never traveled on the new bridge.  It was never a good idea to travel on the old bridge when it was windy.

I traveled on the Cross Bronx Expwy for approx. 10 years getting to work. I took an express bus so thankfully I didn't have to personally drive.  Always backed up traffic near the GW Bridge.  Once a cattle car overturned and cattle were roaming around. The reason I listed on my time sheet was "lateness due to cattle grazing on the Cross Bronx Expwy." Boss said he thought he heard it all until he saw it on the news.

Lenny feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

And another two or three to make the pricing right.😉

Typically, bidding wars are not supposed to happen. Seller gets multiple offers, selects their choice of offer and/or counters one.  They can reject all as well. There is not a process to bid. 

M8

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Typically, bidding wars are not supposed to happen. Seller gets multiple offers, selects their choice of offer and/or counters one.  They can reject all as well. There is not a process to bid. 

M8

I think our buyers knew there were multiple offers so they came in with their best offer.  You could have knocked me down with a feather when our realtor called to tell us the high offer since it was so much over our asking price.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 7:18 PM, A&L_Ont said:

In watching Below Deck I recognized one of the crew, from YouTube. Here’s his story. I watched a few of his videos, but clearly not enough to recognize him right away. 

After watching video, I do know him as the engineer on Below Deck. You don't see the engineers that much. Thanks, enjoyed his other videos also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, I'll drive 50 miles out of my way to avoid that road too.

Yup, we are talking about the exact same road.

And that son of a former governor might soon be a former governor too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1