Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

Just now, davekathy said:

When it comes to new new vehicles, that's all on me. 👍

Me too for the last 10 years.

I had company cars for 30 years before that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 showings scheduled for the house tomorrow 😊

 

also, an update on the Nectar mattress....I have slept like a baby most of the week. Nate has not. He says that since he sinks into the mattress, it's hard for him to rollover. We've also been hot. I read reviews that say the mattress runs hot for people. I'm sure we'll figure out the best blanket ratio, but overall, it's still an improvement from the last mattress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

4 showings scheduled for the house tomorrow 😊

 

also, an update on the Nectar mattress....I have slept like a baby most of the week. Nate has not. He says that since he sinks into the mattress, it's hard for him to rollover. We've also been hot. I read reviews that say the mattress runs hot for people. I'm sure we'll figure out the best blanket ratio, but overall, it's still an improvement from the last mattress.

You have a lovely house I'm not surprised you have a number of viewings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

 

That's interesting! I guess it is not just here. I just renewed my subscription to the *real* newspaper and it is $439 for 24 weeks. :classic_rolleyes: or about $900/year. I wish I could do away with it, but I am so used to getting up and reading the paper newspaper. It is just not the same reading it online and doing the puzzles. :classic_biggrin:

I just renewed my NY newspaper ,52 weeks for $49.00

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Me too for the last 10 years.

I had company cars for 30 years before that.

 

I only drove 2 cars in my life.My first car was 1972 to 1985 and my second 1985 to 2003.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only drove 2 cars in my life.My first car was 1972 to 1985 and my second 1985 to 2003.

 

 

How are you Lenny?

Did the other doctor find what was causing your headaches?

Take care Lenny.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

 

How are you Lenny?

Did the other doctor find what was causing your headaches?

Take care Lenny.

Graham.

Hi Graham.I am going this Tuesday for the blood work.The doctor ordered the tests for every possible thing he could imagine.
The medication that was prescribed is not helping much .Yesterday afternoon I was in a lot of pain.I normally take two pills at 5 PM.I spoke to the doctor this morning and he said to take one at 7 AM and one at 5PM for the next two days and call his office Monday morning.

Thanks again for your concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coralc said:

 

That's interesting! I guess it is not just here. I just renewed my subscription to the *real* newspaper and it is $439 for 24 weeks. :classic_rolleyes: or about $900/year. I wish I could do away with it, but I am so used to getting up and reading the paper newspaper. It is just not the same reading it online and doing the puzzles. :classic_biggrin:

 

 

I recently cancelled my subscription to the *real* local newspaper. It kept getting thinner and thinner while the price went up. I do miss it,  holding and reading the paper but just as importantly, once you get to the last page, you're done. Unlike online which becomes an endless amount of clicks down into the rabbit hole for all of eternity.

 

Not unlike CC. 😆

 

Edited by HBE4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

 

 

I recently cancelled my subscription to the *real* local newspaper. It kept getting thinner and thinner while the price went up. I do miss it,  holding and reading the paper but just as importantly, once you get to the last page, you're done. Unlike online which becomes an endless amount of clicks down into the rabbit hole for all of eternity.

 

Not unlike CC. 😆

 

I still get my local paper delivered on a daily basis.    I personally enjoy the sunday edition and was going to switch to Sunday only but my DH still enjoys taking the newspaper to the bathroom on a daily basis.    Plus I like our newspaper boy and didn't want to cancel on him - he's terrific in bad weather he makes sure to bring it up to our front door or at least the front walkway instead of tossing at end of driveway like others in the past and he will double bag if bad weather to keep it dry.   He's a good kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my daughter, who still lives here with her daughter, went to the same place we did for her vaccine.  She was in and out in no time and they scheduled her second appointment right there.  They did not do that for us and she got a sticker!   

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

still enjoys taking the newspaper to the bathroom on a daily basis. 

 

I miss that too.

 

TMI? lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only drove 2 cars in my life.My first car was 1972 to 1985 and my second 1985 to 2003.

 

Pretty east to get around without a car in NYC , I was in my early 30’s when I got my license and first car , company I worked for moved me to Dallas and paid for everything including drivers Ed 😁😁 have had a few cars since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

One of my best friends had a very bad reaction to his first moderna  shot , I just got second Pfizer shot and had no negative reaction at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So I know I am not on the approved list of those who are allowed to talk vaccine but I am going there anyway.  Has anyone else had a delayed reaction to the first shot of Moderna?  Guess I am in the "lucky" less than 1% lol

First shot I just had a sore arm, like a flu shot.  Second was a killer.  I will let you know how my daughter does.  She just got hers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, George C said:

Pretty east to get around without a car in NYC , I was in my early 30’s when I got my license and first car , company I worked for moved me to Dallas and paid for everything including drivers Ed 😁😁 have had a few cars since.

Having a car in NYC is more of a PITA than anything else and it is an expensive one at that.

 

I always take the train into the city. Driving in is not good for my blood pressure. Whoever designed the  X-Bronx Expressway had to be doing drugs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a car in NYC is more of a PITA than anything else and it is an expensive one at that.

 

I always take the train into the city. Driving in is not good for my blood pressure. Whoever designed the  X-Bronx Expressway had to be doing drugs.

Driving into the “city” is a horror.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I moved to Ct in the early sixties, after I drove through the city coming from Pa, i vowed never to do that again. Instead , i worked my way to the Tappan Zee bridge.   That was too much for this farm boy.

 

Years later, when we started cruising from Bayonne, we took the bus service chartered by RCI to the port. I knew I made the right choice all those years before.   

Edited by mo&fran
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hi Graham.I am going this Tuesday for the blood work.The doctor ordered the tests for every possible thing he could imagine.
The medication that was prescribed is not helping much .Yesterday afternoon I was in a lot of pain.I normally take two pills at 5 PM.I spoke to the doctor this morning and he said to take one at 7 AM and one at 5PM for the next two days and call his office Monday morning.

Thanks again for your concern.

Cheers Lenny.

Best of luck on Tuesday.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...