Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Something new followed me home today. Literally. LOL. Much to Lisa’s dismay it just might drag home a few more projects as well. 😇 I already have a home for the current trailer. 

@Goodtime Cruizin maybe you need another project dragged home as well?

B4C0460E-9249-44A8-B71B-8784ADFC47BA.thumb.jpeg.69b657be05252ce11fdecd9327d1fe4c.jpeg

C70A5FE2-94D3-4E28-9A70-84631C6C04AB.thumb.jpeg.b84caf54d3a2f13ddd5418797969717e.jpeg

What’s in the box... 8K winch. 

988C808B-09E4-46E8-980B-E599BDE755B8.thumb.jpeg.f94373ced92fa960cdab8b922d54f891.jpeg

A04CC0F5-E4FF-4BBC-AA08-CE74AE6E68FD.thumb.jpeg.e5e970bb8255ace485bd405a6bb933ac.jpeg

Oh boy!   I have a 28’ Haulmark Edge to transport loud things around with.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

🤣😂😆

Last night we went out for a nice greasy burger, fries, beer and wine. Masks required until sitting at our table. Once I got our order, I sat down, grabbed my beer to take a drink, crap still my damn mask on!!  DUH!!  Cooped up waaay to long! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Last night we went out for a nice greasy burger, fries, beer and wine. Masks required until sitting at our table. Once I got our order, I sat down, grabbed my beer to take a drink, crap still my damn mask on!!  DUH!!  Cooped up waaay to long! 

Yeah...getting WAY too used to wearing those annoying things...sigh.  Well at least the beer made your mask smell better!  😉  🍺

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Oh boy!   I have a 28’ Haulmark Edge to transport loud things around with.   

I looked at them as well. At one point we had a 32’ triple axel, 5th wheel steel featherlight trailer. It was far from light. LOL. We moved a lot of gear on it over the years. This one is locally made, equal quality and more economical than the mist equivalents.  

I have always said, cursing on a ship or behind a wheel. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I did the same thing about a week ago.    I was sitting at an outdoor restaurant and we are supposed to leave our mask on until our food and drink arrive to our table.     As soon as my Mojito showed up I went to sip out of the straw and had my "duh" moment too! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I looked at them as well. At one point we had a 32’ triple axel, 5th wheel steel featherlight trailer. It was far from light. LOL. We moved a lot of gear on it over the years. This one is locally made, equal quality and more economical than the mist equivalents.  

I have always said, cursing on a ship or behind a wheel. 

That is awesome.  I like cars from Germany - but have had a few American cars over the years that were fun (and easy to fix)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have Sandals booked there for late

January. 🤞 been there before and it is a beautiful island. 

How’s Nate doing? Hopefully even better than the last update. 

Sandals in Antigua is very beautiful. We have done a day pass several times while visiting from cruise ship. Hubby enjoyed the snorkel boat tour which is included in the pass and I could not be dragged out their pool. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, singinalot said:

probably jumped the gun, but purchased flights for us today to an AI in Antigua in February with 2 of our friends (most recently on the Allure cruise report with us) 

None of us have been to Antigua before. Gahhhh I hope all these restrictions are over long before Feb. 🙏🏻

https://www.royaltonresorts.com/royalton-antigua

Enjoy yourself! Are you going to be in the over water bungalows? I have seen those from the poor man's beach (LOL) at the extreme corner, but do not know anything about them, except that they look really very nice.

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

That is awesome.  I like cars from Germany - but have had a few American cars over the years that were fun (and easy to fix)

I stick mainly with NA, but my mom and dad have a soft spot for the German cars too.  I think you’d appreciate this little number.  It’s a 91 with around 6,000 miles. I am happy to say I have enjoyed half of them from behind the wheel. 

613DB6B2-BDA6-40B8-8B50-781A3056F2B1.thumb.jpeg.86100bfcfa8dd6b90d604f71ec493a93.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sandals in Antigua is very beautiful. We have done a day pass several times while visiting from cruise ship. Hubby enjoyed the snorkel boat tour which is included in the pass and I could not be dragged out their pool. Enjoy!

We may have visited their swim up bar upon occasion. 😉

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I stick mainly with NA, but my mom and dad have a soft spot for the German cars too.  I think you’d appreciate this little number.  It’s a 91 with around 6,000 miles. I am happy to say I have enjoyed half of them from behind the wheel. 

613DB6B2-BDA6-40B8-8B50-781A3056F2B1.thumb.jpeg.86100bfcfa8dd6b90d604f71ec493a93.jpeg

Wow.  Awesome!  I had a 964 turbo for a while - never should have sold it but the right buyer came w/ the right amount of $.   Early 90s was such a fun generation for these cars.   

I have some buddies that are into American muscle cars.  Gt40s, ZO6s, Etc.  Really enjoyed driving the new GT350 as well.  

Expensive hobby my friend!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I have some buddies that are into American muscle cars.  Gt40s, z06 Etc.  Really enjoyed driving the new GT350 as well.  

There are a few from the 60/70s and newer around here as well. I guess I come by the car passion honestly.😉

B8436162-F542-41F1-869B-AC159C42F507.thumb.jpeg.5ca9ade087c01037e83f43880f5a91da.jpeg

On 9/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, singinalot said:

went to Best Buy tonight to buy that drone...and dang it, Covid! The store closes at 6 now 😞

Ordered it online and pick up tomorrow.

Nate’s arm 3 days ago...looks even better now

D207043E-E164-4805-A6C0-21D62812CDFC.jpeg

Definitely practice like Bob said.

On 9/11/2020 at 7:53 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely practice with the drone before you go.  They are fairly easy fly, especially with the intelligent flight modes.  They aren't fully intuitive (at least for me) so when you need to react on instinct, you needs those hours of practice.  I accidentally flew into a patio chair because I didn't react properly.  Fortunately, I only damaged a couple of the props.

Mike has gotten pretty good at it. He decided to get a video of the new metal roof and solar panels. As he was going around the waterfall on the pool deck he tripped. Probably on his own feet but didn't fall. In the process he accidentally hit something on the control thing sending it straight to the bottom of the pool. Thanks goodness for insurance. 15' the other direction and it would have gone in to the water and he would have to go diving to get it.

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are a big Sandals fan we have done a few in Jamaica and always enjoyed them , we have a pool in our backyard but it doesn’t have a swim up bar. Our life has not really changed other than we cannot travel. We go to dinner normally 3 nights a week and normally go to restaurants with live music. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Now THAT would have made for a good video. 

I would have thought so also, him probably not so much. The sad thing is is that I didn't get to even see it crash into the pool. He can fly a 787, but he's not that good yet with the drone, at least I don't think so. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2