Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, island lady said:

 

🤣😂😆

Last night we went out for a nice greasy burger, fries, beer and wine. Masks required until sitting at our table. Once I got our order, I sat down, grabbed my beer to take a drink, crap still my damn mask on!!  DUH!!  Cooped up waaay to long! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Last night we went out for a nice greasy burger, fries, beer and wine. Masks required until sitting at our table. Once I got our order, I sat down, grabbed my beer to take a drink, crap still my damn mask on!!  DUH!!  Cooped up waaay to long! 

 

Yeah...getting WAY too used to wearing those annoying things...sigh.  Well at least the beer made your mask smell better!  😉  🍺

Edited by island lady
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Oh boy!   I have a 28’ Haulmark Edge to transport loud things around with.   


I looked at them as well. At one point we had a 32’ triple axel, 5th wheel steel featherlight trailer. It was far from light. LOL. We moved a lot of gear on it over the years. This one is locally made, equal quality and more economical than the mist equivalents.  
 

I have always said, cursing on a ship or behind a wheel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Last night we went out for a nice greasy burger, fries, beer and wine. Masks required until sitting at our table. Once I got our order, I sat down, grabbed my beer to take a drink, crap still my damn mask on!!  DUH!!  Cooped up waaay to long! 

I did the same thing about a week ago.    I was sitting at an outdoor restaurant and we are supposed to leave our mask on until our food and drink arrive to our table.     As soon as my Mojito showed up I went to sip out of the straw and had my "duh" moment too! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:


I looked at them as well. At one point we had a 32’ triple axel, 5th wheel steel featherlight trailer. It was far from light. LOL. We moved a lot of gear on it over the years. This one is locally made, equal quality and more economical than the mist equivalents.  
 

I have always said, cursing on a ship or behind a wheel. 


That is awesome.  I like cars from Germany - but have had a few American cars over the years that were fun (and easy to fix)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:


We have Sandals booked there for late

January. 🤞 been there before and it is a beautiful island. 
 

How’s Nate doing? Hopefully even better than the last update. 

Sandals in Antigua is very beautiful. We have done a day pass several times while visiting from cruise ship. Hubby enjoyed the snorkel boat tour which is included in the pass and I could not be dragged out their pool. Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, singinalot said:

probably jumped the gun, but purchased flights for us today to an AI in Antigua in February with 2 of our friends (most recently on the Allure cruise report with us) 

None of us have been to Antigua before. Gahhhh I hope all these restrictions are over long before Feb. 🙏🏻

https://www.royaltonresorts.com/royalton-antigua

 

Enjoy yourself! Are you going to be in the over water bungalows? I have seen those from the poor man's beach (LOL) at the extreme corner, but do not know anything about them, except that they look really very nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, island lady said:

 

Yeah...getting WAY too used to wearing those annoying things...sigh.  Well at least the beer made your mask smell better!  😉  🍺

Good thing I don't wear my mask while driving then. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:


That is awesome.  I like cars from Germany - but have had a few American cars over the years that were fun (and easy to fix)


I stick mainly with NA, but my mom and dad have a soft spot for the German cars too.  I think you’d appreciate this little number.  It’s a 91 with around 6,000 miles. I am happy to say I have enjoyed half of them from behind the wheel. 
 

613DB6B2-BDA6-40B8-8B50-781A3056F2B1.thumb.jpeg.86100bfcfa8dd6b90d604f71ec493a93.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sandals in Antigua is very beautiful. We have done a day pass several times while visiting from cruise ship. Hubby enjoyed the snorkel boat tour which is included in the pass and I could not be dragged out their pool. Enjoy!


We may have visited their swim up bar upon occasion. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I am happy to say I have enjoyed half of them from behind the wheel. 

 

I was a passenger once.... I had the feeling that I'm sitting right on the road 😁, especially when a big truck stopped along us.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:


I stick mainly with NA, but my mom and dad have a soft spot for the German cars too.  I think you’d appreciate this little number.  It’s a 91 with around 6,000 miles. I am happy to say I have enjoyed half of them from behind the wheel. 
 

613DB6B2-BDA6-40B8-8B50-781A3056F2B1.thumb.jpeg.86100bfcfa8dd6b90d604f71ec493a93.jpeg


Wow.  Awesome!  I had a 964 turbo for a while - never should have sold it but the right buyer came w/ the right amount of $.   Early 90s was such a fun generation for these cars.   
 

I have some buddies that are into American muscle cars.  Gt40s, ZO6s, Etc.  Really enjoyed driving the new GT350 as well.  
 

Expensive hobby my friend!
 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I have some buddies that are into American muscle cars.  Gt40s, z06 Etc.  Really enjoyed driving the new GT350 as well.  

 

There are a few from the 60/70s and newer around here as well. I guess I come by the car passion honestly.😉

B8436162-F542-41F1-869B-AC159C42F507.thumb.jpeg.5ca9ade087c01037e83f43880f5a91da.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

 

First day from March with no Covid related deaths in Canada -- congrats !

 

So happy for y'all. Hope it can stay that way and wished we could follow, but I don't think that will happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, singinalot said:

went to Best Buy tonight to buy that drone...and dang it, Covid! The store closes at 6 now 😞

Ordered it online and pick up tomorrow.

 

Nate’s arm 3 days ago...looks even better now

D207043E-E164-4805-A6C0-21D62812CDFC.jpeg

Definitely practice like Bob said.

 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:53 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely practice with the drone before you go.  They are fairly easy fly, especially with the intelligent flight modes.  They aren't fully intuitive (at least for me) so when you need to react on instinct, you needs those hours of practice.  I accidentally flew into a patio chair because I didn't react properly.  Fortunately, I only damaged a couple of the props.

Mike has gotten pretty good at it. He decided to get a video of the new metal roof and solar panels. As he was going around the waterfall on the pool deck he tripped. Probably on his own feet but didn't fall. In the process he accidentally hit something on the control thing sending it straight to the bottom of the pool. Thanks goodness for insurance. 15' the other direction and it would have gone in to the water and he would have to go diving to get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Enjoy yourself! Are you going to be in the over water bungalows? I have seen those from the poor man's beach (LOL) at the extreme corner, but do not know anything about them, except that they look really very nice.

 

we got a bay view room but our friends got the over water bungalow

 

 

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Definitely practice like Bob said.

 

took it out last night for its first flight!

Link to post
Share on other sites

spent today deep cleaning and came across leftover casino chips from the Allure 😞 Hubby had said he’d just use them this November when he brought them home back in January. Luckily it’s just a few bucks.

 

Took the drone over to our friends last night and definitely was overwhelmed in the beginning but started to get the hang of it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sandals in Antigua is very beautiful. We have done a day pass several times while visiting from cruise ship. Hubby enjoyed the snorkel boat tour which is included in the pass and I could not be dragged out their pool. Enjoy!

We are a big Sandals fan we have done a few in Jamaica and always enjoyed them , we have a pool in our backyard but it doesn’t have a swim up bar. Our life has not really changed other than we cannot travel. We go to dinner normally 3 nights a week and normally go to restaurants with live music. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:


Now THAT would have made for a good video. 

I would have thought so also, him probably not so much. The sad thing is is that I didn't get to even see it crash into the pool. He can fly a 787, but he's not that good yet with the drone, at least I don't think so. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The yard looks amazing, sunset too. 

 

tonight I sent the drone for a flight, it lost the signal, and I had a heart attack. 🤣 Nate spotted it tho and we got it back. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...