"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

On 9/18/2020 at 11:06 AM, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I are also protesting, but on bridges. We're all pushing 70 and more.

Nevertheless, according to the police and the Ministry of Health, not even one person contacted Covid-19 during the protests in open air....

OTOH, many contacted Covid-19 during mass weddings in Arab or in mostly religious cities.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Question...you mention you cannot use car in one of your above posts.  In your lockdown are you allowed to drive to food store or will they deliver to your home?

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Question...you mention you cannot use car in one of your above posts.  In your lockdown are you allowed to drive to food store or will they deliver to your home?

Thank you.

We can drive to food stores, even if they're more than 1 km from our home.

We have an Olympic pool 12 min walk from our home. I'm swimming there 5 days a week. I was hoping that, since swimming and walking on the beach is allowed, I could at least do it during the lock down.

Alas, we're not allowed to drive to the beach even if it is a mere 10 min drive from our home... Go figure 😦

There are lucky people who live closer, like the US Ambassador to Israel 😁

thanks @Coralc but to be honest I was actually talking about something else. For those of you that have read my trip reports, the gal that went on our 2017 Allure trip with us, Lily, died this week. I was sent a note from a mutual friend in the middle of the night.

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

For those of you that have read my trip reports, the gal that went on our 2017 Allure trip with us, Lily, died this week. I was sent a note from a mutual friend in the middle of the night.

I am sorry to read this. 💔

This weekend is TrikeFest here in Ormond/Daytona Beach. There was an organized ride for Trikes with 70 participants. There was also a Trike Show yesterday. I was asked to be one of three Judges. It was fun being a Judge. Probably about 50 Trikes of all makes and models. I was too busy to take pictures. 

The weather has been terrible. Rain, rain, and more rain. 

Next month is Biketoberfest. Hoping weather is better. 

M8

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This weekend is TrikeFest here in Ormond/Daytona Beach. There was an organized ride for Trikes with 70 participants. There was also a Trike Show yesterday. I was asked to be one of three Judges. It was fun being a Judge. Probably about 50 Trikes of all makes and models. I was too busy to take pictures. 

The weather has been terrible. Rain, rain, and more rain. 

Next month is Biketoberfest. Hoping weather is better. 

M8

After this week the only hurricane I want to see is one in a glass with an umbrella.  Next week is supposed to be rainy but not like this week.  LOL

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

After this week the only hurricane I want to see is one in a glass with an umbrella.  Next week is supposed to be rainy but not like this week.  LOL

We rode our bikes in the morning and got totally soaked. Our boots are still wet. We came home to get out of the wet clothes before the Trike show. It was nasty. Today not much better. High winds today. 

M8

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We rode our bikes in the morning and got totally soaked. Our boots are still wet. We came home to get out of the wet clothes before the Trike show. It was nasty. Today not much better. High winds today. 

M8

We are on day three of branch and leaf pick/rake up.  I am surprised we did not lose any trees.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

thanks @Coralc but to be honest I was actually talking about something else. For those of you that have read my trip reports, the gal that went on our 2017 Allure trip with us, Lily, died this week. I was sent a note from a mutual friend in the middle of the night.

Sorry for the Loss of your friend, Lily.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Sorry for you loss!

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

Yes, and onions and condiments according to your taste.

We're using carp, since pike is not available here. The fish should be grounded twice.

According to DH, the spine and the head are very important, since they provide the gelatin.

Enjoy !

Hang on, I can ground fish twice, but where do you put the spine and head??  

No problems with the head.  My youngest - now in her late twenties used to be a poor eater.  There was a time when if asked what her favourite food was, she would answer ‘fish eyes’.  She would eat them.  When it comes to quantity they ticked her box.  She eats a wider range of food now!!!

7 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Hang on, I can ground fish twice, but where do you put the spine and head??

You cut the head in two - fill them with the grounded fish, and then lay it at the bottom of the pot/pan, along with the spine.

Do layers.

DH used a single fish (1.5 kg). He says, depending on how many fish do u use, you'll need to add gelatin, 2-3 teaspoons, softened in a bit of water.

Feel free to ask -- he enjoys sharing his cooking knowledge😁 The difficulty is translating from Hebrew to English.....

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

You cut the head in two - fill them with the grounded fish, and then lay it at the bottom of the pot/pan, along with the spine.

Do layers.

DH used a single fish (1.5 kg). He says, depending on how many fish do u use, you'll need to add gelatin, 2-3 teaspoons, softened in a bit of water.

Feel free to ask -- he enjoys sharing his cooking knowledge😁 The difficulty is translating from Hebrew to English.....

My name is Rachel.  I am sure a bit of Hebrew is fine.  🙂 

5 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

My name is Rachel.  I am sure a bit of Hebrew is fine.  🙂 

אם הדג לא מספיק שמן, להוסיף ג׳לטין כאמור, להמיס אותו במעט מים, בתיאבון🌺

went hiking this morning with Nate’s dad and step mom at Red Rock Canyon here in Colorado Springs. The fall colors were just beautiful!

I’ll do a couple post of pics. This post is pics from my phone. next post will be from the drone.

A192E894-8E03-4760-AF25-C686A9C9A81C.jpeg

C9F26AFF-5784-432B-8173-F5FDE851923B.jpeg

0FEDEBFC-CC69-444E-92BE-959C80F0918B.jpeg

149A34C3-0DAE-42D7-8B67-CD33DAC92E93.jpeg

4957866F-F7C3-4FBC-B433-3FB6D8412DB6.jpeg

8D7D9AF8-73B5-4728-856E-9F7178E05B4B.jpeg

So cold (44 degrees) today, that my Koi have not eaten their fish food.  DH cut branches from some of our trees today, and I stayed inside and got some paperwork done.   We no longer enjoy cold weather, and look forward to spending our Winter in Florida.

Singinalot, I am sorry for your loss of you friend.

We spent the last week visiting my wife's family in NE Pennsylvania.  I brought my drone for fun and to get some videos of the beautiful landscape.  My wife's sister/husband live on top of a hill with great views in all directions:

We stopped at Gettysburg for a couple of days on the way home.  DW had been there many years ago as part of a school trip but I had never been.  They have a very nice visitor center and tours of the various battle locations...part of the US National Park Service.  I'm not typically into military history but it's a pretty moving experience to read/hear about some of stories from the 3 days of battle.

I've been driving past the SpaceX factory in Cocoa for years and finally decided to drive up to it. Pretty cool to see one of the Starship stages being put together. Will definitely go back in the future

20200921_142203.thumb.jpg.06214e74c471ad3a21019c96527e96e7.jpg

Screenshot_20200921-154759_Maps.thumb.jpg.254bbac1ce52fd9ad37c0f4ec11f256d.jpg