Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This was my wife's biggest concern with a top loader, since she's about 5 feet 2 inches tall.  She can't reach the bottom of the washer and needs to stand on a small step stool.  She still prefers that to bending over, or even sitting on a small stool, for the front loader.  Height has its privileges.  

Yeah, height has it's advantages...until my much taller hubby bonks his head on something over head that I just cruises right under.  

Guess I would fit well in a Hobbit's house.  😄 

image.jpeg.aaee64b2c678c60378ce80819d2cfaff.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The new washer and dryer are both working well.  As I said, my wife wanted to go back to top loading and we went with this Maytag model at Lowes.  It got good ratings online

We bought a similar one a few years back, a little more basic...not smart and no soft close.  Love the top load especially without the center agitator, big bulky items are a breeze

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That was a joke.  lockdown but not really a lockdown, some stuff closed but more is open...

I have my opinions but won’t share them here on this bastion on peace thread. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I wish CC had an UNLIKE button  BUMMER!!

44 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+1 Agree, should have been available a long time ago....

It's not a button but it does add to the post count.

👎

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is definitely an issue with top loaders for us vertically challenged people.  We bought an XL top loader that is big enough for our king size comforter.  It works well but I can't reach the last small things at the bottom of the washer, even at 5' 4".

We did the same and I have the same problem with our XL top loader and am 5'3"  I keep one of those handy extension "grabbers" in laundry room to get that last sock out of the washer that I fight with. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We did the same and I have the same problem with our XL top loader and am 5'3"  I keep one of those handy extension "grabbers" in laundry room to get that last sock out of the washer that I fight with. 

I'm 5'5" and have trouble reaching the bottom of the washer.  We think alike. I keep lonq bbq tongs in my laundry room.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Wishing you all a Happy Easter 

Wishing you a very happy Easter too Dani.

In 30 minutes it will be April 2nd in the UK and the first anniversary of your wonderful thread.

It's been a pleasure contributing.

Graham x.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In 30 minutes it will be April 2nd in the UK and the first anniversary of your wonderful thread.

Graham x.

Blessings to you and your wife and niece on this precious holiday. May the UK be granted God's protection, and its leaders filled with wisdom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham x.

Wow - it's been a whole year.   Time flies by when having fun!     

@dani negreanu

Thank you Dani for starting this thread and make sure you do the anniversary cleaning of your Fridge.

I am so happy to get to know everyone on this thread and wish for us all to meet on a cruise ship someday soon.😍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, height has it's advantages...until my much taller hubby bonks his head on something over head that I just cruises right under.  

Guess I would fit well in a Hobbit's house.  😄 

image.jpeg.aaee64b2c678c60378ce80819d2cfaff.jpeg

Guilty as charged. Good thing I'm hard headed. 

• Like 3

I’m making hot cross buns tomorrow.  I read that tradition says if you give someone hot cross buns on Good Friday they will be your friend all year.  I figure it can’t hurt.  My neighbors all enjoy my excess baking.

My thanks to Dani also, this thread is great fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On the last day before Easter holidays and the threat of a lockdown looming my wife (a teacher) was responsible for sitting in the unheated vestibule handing out laptop computers to parents for kids that would need one in case schools switched back to remote learning.  Her co-workers decided to have some fun and took a screenshot from the schools security camera and did a poor job of photoshopping Bernie’s mittens on her. 

3919980E-83CC-4ACD-B7A0-71190333CEBE.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Blessings to you and your wife and niece on this precious holiday. May the UK be granted God's protection, and its leaders filled with wisdom.

Thank you so much Etta.

Best Easter wishes to you and all your family.

Take care and stay safe.🙏