"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Chillin this week in Santa Rosa Beach Florida in the Panhandle.  Literally...it's 70 degrees for a high today!  Loving it!  Bit cloudy and rough on the surf, but enjoyable beach walk after breakfast this morning.  Nice view to wake up to as well.  😉 

20200922_092849.jpg

Fantastic view. The only thing missing from this picture is a bucket of ice with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in it (chilling) on the table and two partially empty wine glasses. However I'm sure that's next. Cheers...🍷🍷

Edited by davekathy
5 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice view to wake up to as well.  😉 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Fantastic view. The only thing missing from this picture is a bucket of ice with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in it (chilling) on the table and two partially empty wine glasses. However I'm sure that's next. Cheers...🍷🍷

Better yet -- the Sauvignon Blanc should be on a much higher placed table -- let's aim for deck 12??? 😁

One more forestry weapon arrived today. LOL, I could have so much fun with this at Halloween. 

0CBFDCCB-2D47-42AE-B886-927331FAC76A.thumb.jpeg.352f6e2df4ee521cdf74daf9f5fb9be6.jpeg

Fertilizer spread as well. The last of the hay is baled for the season. Bean harvest should start in a week or so. 

D913C712-7B44-4287-81C4-99781A7A7B0B.thumb.jpeg.ff897a21cc51481bde65809b1736956a.jpeg 

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

One more forestry weapon arrived today. LOL, I could have so much fun with this at Halloween. 

0CBFDCCB-2D47-42AE-B886-927331FAC76A.thumb.jpeg.352f6e2df4ee521cdf74daf9f5fb9be6.jpeg

What is that? And are those saw blades? Turf cutter? Please let us know what type of machinery this is? :classic_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

What is that? And are those saw blades? Turf cutter? Please let us know what type of machinery this is? :classic_biggrin:

4 saw blades. Goes about 15 feet up. Hopefully get some video tomorrow. We should have a nastier machine coming in a few weeks. 😳

Edited by A&L_Ont
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Sunrise is getting more civilized 

7:10 today

20200923_073158.thumb.jpg.26be58b1788024175c05963e21e659f1.jpg

Sure, but it’s getting dark around here shortly after 7:00 pm too.  Gawd.... once we go back to standard time the lights will be coming on at 4:00 pm in my neighbourhood.  Oh well, look ahead to next June I guess.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Colours coming in now. A little foggy this morning as Owen gets on the bus.

They're just beautiful, a feast to the eyes.

How is Owen doing re: his old sport activities???

I understand that Canada is a "green" country 😁

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yes, came later in the day...this was morning picture before the "lazy boy" got out of bed.  😉 

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Better yet -- the Sauvignon Blanc should be on a much higher placed table -- let's aim for deck 12??? 😁

LOL...Yes...waiting to get into my cabin on deck 12 Harmony...or so I think?  Sigh....

It’s been a very Hot and Humid summer in Florida. Today was the coolest it’s been since early April. I lead a 150+ mile through Florida farmland. Nice turns but flat. It’s nice to see it cool down some. It was 71* when I left the house this morning and didn’t get above 82* on my ride. We practice social distancing and have a bag lunch where we can find a table. Today was a park in Crescent City. 

M8

9CD4B3A4-8642-48EC-BC59-A5FAF9DD53BE.jpeg

293DC8DA-6344-4AA2-8F1C-14507F747805.jpeg

1AB6360B-DC0D-45FC-B02E-CC6573558F3B.jpeg

E1C0954A-A9EC-4839-8EEC-2ABB021551E8.jpeg

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

wow what a beautiful place for lunch!

I’ve doing bag lunch rides since end of March. We practice proper social distancing. We used to ride to lunch and then back. There was a saying, “we ride to eat”.  Lol. I think many of us are getting used to the bag lunch. Typically, if we go to a restaurant, we are there from an hour to two hours. Not to mention the expense. We can have our bag lunch in 30 minutes and back to riding.  

I have been putting over 20k+ miles on my motorcycles every year. I have 12k on my car in 2 years. 

M8

Latest weapon has arrive.  No videos yet.

3B1E1B20-B9B3-4925-B308-3425EDA46077.thumb.jpeg.ec5cff64fc5dfc90a564f2e9a9441c8e.jpeg

Also some excitement at the cottages. Day one of the beach reclamation and shore line protection project.  Georgian Bay is at record 100 year level highs and next year appears to have the same problem brewing. We are just getting in under the wire with one with an emergency repair permit after an engineering study. The other two will get permits in a month with work to be completed next year. They will get a basic wall construct this fall and done properly in 2021. Just think giant Lego. 

The toe stones were dropped off, around 4 tons each arrived.  They alone took 4 transport trucks from Northern Ontario. 180 tons of that type of stone, with another 410 tons of revetment stone, combined with the wall already there. I’ve learned a lot about this process over the last 4 weeks. 

B8329140-1B30-4E89-9A68-EBF8F3BE91AF.thumb.jpeg.af66a654b51ec9278c33400e198c6bee.jpeg

The 22 ton excavator just cleared the cottage and the cedar hedge shared with the neighbour.  I have operated one but am thankful that I did not have to go through this tight spot. The contractor has been sending pics and mom just got there on her trip home from Western Canada. Good thing she didn’t see the photo in real life. 

Siding is white but it sure pulls on the red from the excavator arm. 

3FB9D63E-3021-4529-A798-5BED10A096A4.jpeg.23247d1841f6e4b799efa8c28f16082a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont