Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

Yesterday. Boss was working all weekend. So it was my duty to have dinner ready when she got home each night.  Issue is I never know what time to expect her. Friday was steaks and they don’t take long. Saturday I fetched takeout. Yesterday I SousVide a Pork Lion and it really turned out nice. I cooked at 140* for a little over 4 hours. That’s the nice thing about SousVide, it doesn’t hurt to cook longer when the meat temperature never changes. I made a salad with both the steaks and pork. I sear the meat after cook outside with a MAP gas torch. 
 

9AC8D1BA-2763-4895-BF66-F03BC64CA10F.jpeg

AA786845-0D47-428E-B2E8-387D7450E2FE.jpeg

EFC8229E-7958-4B4D-A783-068C9C952520.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

busy couple of days at the hospital for me. We’re hiring a new director for one of our departments and I’m the interview arranging guru. Planning interviews during Covid proved to be a challenge 🤣 but we successfully made it through the day today. My light at the end of the tunnel is that I’m going to drive my mom up to Vail this weekend to see the fall colors. I’ve got the gopro and drone charging 🤞🤞🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, singinalot said:

love Baytown! we always eat at AJs

 

We are currently at Bay Club of Sandestin Beach resort for this week, across the cove from the Village of Baytowne.  Spent last week on the beach in Santa Rosa Beach 8 miles away, and will be arriving this Saturday at Bucky's favorite Island...St. George Island for a weeks stay.  The picture I posted was at the Village Door Restaurant in the Village of Baytowne at the Marina.  

 

Missed the big wine festival last April at Baytowne.  We had been going for the last 10 or more years, was cancelled this year.  😞 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 8:33 PM, singinalot said:

busy couple of days at the hospital for me. We’re hiring a new director for one of our departments and I’m the interview arranging guru. Planning interviews during Covid proved to be a challenge 🤣 but we successfully made it through the day today. My light at the end of the tunnel is that I’m going to drive my mom up to Vail this weekend to see the fall colors. I’ve got the gopro and drone charging 🤞🤞🤞

Very random question (please be "patient" with me)

Are the analog wall clocks in your hospital battery powered?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soremekun said:

Very random question (please be "patient" with me)

Are the analog wall clocks in your hospital battery powered?

 

is that one of those "is your fridgerator running?" type of trick questions? 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, singinalot said:

 

is that one of those "is your fridgerator running?" type of trick questions? 🙂

Not this time. 😊

It's just the IT geek in me asking.  A hospital is such a large facility and a battery powered clock requires occasional time adjustments and battery swap outs.

I'm pushing POE analog and digital clocks at the school I work for.  No batteries needed and the time is set automatically.

 

Note: I don't have financial interest in any POE clock manufacturer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soremekun said:

Not this time. 😊

It's just the IT geek in me asking.  A hospital is such a large facility and a battery powered clock requires occasional time adjustments and battery swap outs.

I'm pushing POE analog and digital clocks at the school I work for.  No batteries needed and the time is set automatically.

 

Note: I don't have financial interest in any POE clock manufacturer.

 

I love my atomic clocks at home.  🙂  Pain in the butt with the dumb time change twice a year.  😞  The clocks adjust automatically.  And don't get me started on how much I detest that program of time change....grrr...  😠

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think that an atomic clock would make sense but maybe go one better if you are doing POE then invest in a smaller monitor that could display the time and other information.

 

Would also help anyone that was hearing impaired with announcements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been working my IT job the whole time at one point they had us on 2 shifts i was doing from 2PM to 10PM did not like it at all, then every other week which did not allow you to get anything done.

 

I am now working every day with 1/2 the people in my office due to spacing requirements.  They are changing the rules on the 7th so we can go back to everyone in the room.  Still need to wear masks outside of the office, we are supposed to wear them at our desks but mine is about 8' from anyone else and I am always drinking coffee.

 

Biggest concern is the same as being on a long airline flight just sitting at my desk all day is getting blood clots in my legs.

Also being in Colorado we are getting occasional bad smoke form fires.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got home from traveling for 8 days.  Started with a guys golf trip on Kiawah Island.  We got a great deal with 11 guys spread across 3 houses that each have 4 bedrooms with their own bathroom.  The houses were stunning with Viking appliances, small pools built into the deck, and great marsh views.  Zillow estimates that the houses are worth about $2.3M.   Mostly wasted on us for a golf trip. 

 

We've been casually looking for a retirement home on Amelia Island in Florida but had not planned to look seriously until Feb/Mar.  Our real estate agent found a house that looked great both on paper and with a FaceTime virtual walkthrough.  My wife therefore flew to Charleston where I met her after the golf trip ended and drove down to Amelia Island.  The house turned out to be a bit of a disappointment in person but a new house was just going on the market and we were the first to see it the next morning.  It was perfect for us.  We made an offer that afternoon before the second showing happened.  The seller also received an offer from the second showing and had another offer expected the next day sight unseen (that's how much of a seller's market it is right now).  For several reasons, they accepted our offer.  We will officially become Florida homeowners when we close next month!  Much faster than we anticipated, and we will keep our house in Ohio until next spring, but we're already excited about being about to get away from colder weather in the winter.  We need to officially change our residence to Florida before the end of the year to get the homestead benefit on property taxes...one of several things that we'll need to learn about Florida living.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, soremekun said:

Not this time. 😊

It's just the IT geek in me asking.  A hospital is such a large facility and a battery powered clock requires occasional time adjustments and battery swap outs.

I'm pushing POE analog and digital clocks at the school I work for.  No batteries needed and the time is set automatically.

 

Note: I don't have financial interest in any POE clock manufacturer.

 

would love to see digital, but yes our wall clocks are battery. Time in/our clocks for staff are digital

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fredflint said:

I have been working my IT job the whole time at one point they had us on 2 shifts i was doing from 2PM to 10PM did not like it at all, then every other week which did not allow you to get anything done.

 

I am now working every day with 1/2 the people in my office due to spacing requirements.  They are changing the rules on the 7th so we can go back to everyone in the room.  Still need to wear masks outside of the office, we are supposed to wear them at our desks but mine is about 8' from anyone else and I am always drinking coffee.

 

Biggest concern is the same as being on a long airline flight just sitting at my desk all day is getting blood clots in my legs.

Also being in Colorado we are getting occasional bad smoke form fires.

 

the smoke today was so bad. 😩😭

Link to post
Share on other sites

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and drove up to Denver to pick up my mom. From there we drove to Vail. Absolutely picked the most perfect day. The fall colors were incredible.

 

Didnt get to send the drone up due to too much wind tho 😩 

E8BC9E00-DF48-4863-9E73-5A7EFEF57916.jpeg

8D4D856E-03F4-49E0-919A-CBED314A46B2.jpeg

FE760984-CECF-4A82-9954-2AB06353D7AA.jpeg

2B4B0F54-A47F-4F68-9A3B-B4FCAA53D113.jpeg

5042F948-BA94-4822-8283-C17538A0CA8F.jpeg

AD9D39D6-9041-42C1-98BA-844E0AF94112.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Gorgeous pictures. 

Our trees are starting to turn, mostly yellow. It's very overcast so they aren't shimmering in the sunlight.

On the major grrrr list...our neighbor has a HUGE pine tree that sheds. A lot. We probably have 3" of needles in our yard and it's not done yet. I'm not raking twice so they'll have to sit for a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, singinalot said:

Absolutely picked the most perfect day. The fall colors were incredible.

 

Looks amazing, so envious you get to travel, have a change of scenery and breath fresh air.

 

We're into the 3rd week of total lockdown, and even though we live a mere 10 min drive from a gorgeous Med beach, it's outside the range of 0.6 miles where we're allowed to be....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For several reasons, they accepted our offer.  We will officially become Florida homeowners when we close next month! 

 

Congrats, sounds great.

 

I had to google Amelia Island, looks like a nice place with lots of golf courses 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Looks amazing, so envious you get to travel, have a change of scenery and breath fresh air.

 

We're into the 3rd week of total lockdown, and even though we live a mere 10 min drive from a gorgeous Med beach, it's outside the range of 0.6 miles where we're allowed to be....

 

I sincerely hope that changes for you guys soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...