"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

Got this tonight. Some of the best colours are to come. 

5F4E8FCC-7A16-4399-80DE-642757C0415E.thumb.jpeg.c198baedb297d6e5356f78aa17213089.jpeg

Combines started rolling again today after a few weeks of being shut down. Nice wind and dry stems. 

Wait until all those leaves start to change at the bush. 

7DD80C4B-821F-4338-9063-2C01AD03FD19.thumb.jpeg.c1b64b7ff34a8a499a6386d2b9f0b361.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sharon’s. 20lb bird, 5lbs potatoes, turnip, peas, fresh rolls, stuffing and gravy. Pies to be consumed as well. Fresh whipped cream to be applied to pumpkin and there are NO raisins.  Cupcakes as well. 

So full. 

D3954CF6-777B-4E0D-B19E-45F3EC76D416.thumb.jpeg.e714521f16a2f2aa44f9dd146aa14f78.jpeg

We didn’t even bother planning dessert although after seeing those I wish we had.

All done and cleaned up with 2 care packages assembled and waiting to be delivered tomorrow to the grandparents who we kicked out of our bubble at the beginning of September once  Vikki started teaching again.

• Like 2

Timmy is a funny bird. He is very people focused. And he loves delivery trucks. We had 2 Amazon drivers that were afraid to deliver our package, because he kept running from door to door on their vehicle and gobbling. We finally had to go get it through the window.  I have a feeling he was hand raised. I have tons of Timmy photos. Timmy on the porch, Timmy on the roof, video of Timmy thinking he is being chased by the garbage truck. :classic_biggrin:

I remember when wild turkey hunting was a challenging sport, with hunters wearing face paint and camouflage and sneaking around. There are so many turkeys here, that it would not be a problem to tap one with your car. Although I don't think they would taste very good. Timmy is about a year and a half old, and  I suspect, much tougher than your general supermarket bird. :classic_biggrin: 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Timmy is a funny bird. He is very people focused. And he loves delivery trucks. We had 2 Amazon drivers that were afraid to deliver our package, because he kept running from door to door on their vehicle and gobbling. We finally had to go get it through the window.  I have a feeling he was hand raised. I have tons of Timmy photos. Timmy on the porch, Timmy on the roof, video of Timmy thinking he is being chased by the garbage truck. :classic_biggrin:

I remember when wild turkey hunting was a challenging sport, with hunters wearing face paint and camouflage and sneaking around. There are so many turkeys here, that it would not be a problem to tap one with your car. Although I don't think they would taste very good. Timmy is about a year and a half old, and  I suspect, much tougher than your general supermarket bird. :classic_biggrin: 

Got them in Florida as well, but these are not as pretty as Timmy.  😉  My backyard:

20191118_122340.jpg

20200401_130425.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

Had a outstanding yesterday Went to our favorite high end restaurant was there for over 3 hours listening to a really good singer with a jazz trio backing him up , had a couple of drinks then a bottle of Cabernet to was down a surf and turf dinner of filet and lobster tail . We go here at least twice a week. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Had a outstanding yesterday Went to our favorite high end restaurant was there for over 3 hours listening to a really good singer with a jazz trio backing him up , had a couple of drinks then a bottle of Cabernet to was down a surf and turf dinner of filet and lobster tail . We go here at least twice a week. 

Great.I have not been at a restaurant since Feb. 8.We received $300.00 in restaurant certificates from the best restaurant in town for our anniversary in January that expire next month.Hopefully the owner will extend them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Great.I have not been at a restaurant since Feb. 8.We received $300.00 in restaurant certificates from the best restaurant in town for our anniversary in January that expire next month.Hopefully the owner will extend them.

We aren't eating in restaurants either.  We have done take out many times, with curbside, contactless pickup but not going in to eat.  We have had at least four restaurants in our area have to close down for sanitizing in the last couple of weeks because of positive covid.  My community is now in the "red zone" as far as positivity and our rate is increasing, unfortunately.  

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We aren't eating in restaurants either.  We have done take out many times, with curbside, contactless pickup but not going in to eat.  We have had at least four restaurants in our area have to close down for sanitizing in the last couple of weeks because of positive covid.  My community is now in the "red zone" as far as positivity and our rate is increasing, unfortunately.  

We have done takeout many times.We also have been getting food from a Catering Hall in our area. They have curbside pickup every Thursday afternoon .We are on their mailing list .Every week is a different cuisine .

• Like 1

This weekend, we do our first major social event, since DH’s dad passed away in June  (a very odd drive thru wake followed the next day by a socially distanced funeral.  Despite the odd times, it turned out so well!).  We attended an amazing outdoor wedding with 30 people.  It was so nice to have fun, in a kinda normal way 🙂

• Like 5

Yesterday, I installed a new amplifier to fix the PA system at the middle school campus. (Yes, I know, we should have a IP-based PA system.)

I installed a new analog POE clock at the elementary school campus this afternoon.IMG_20201011_155111839.thumb.jpg.70af301aa713f074b7117db2a545bb44.jpg

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 3

I spent some time outside with the camera. Soybean Harvest 2020 continues. Less than 50 acres left. The neighbours have also been busy with their harvest.😉

Almost full. 

3B2DE691-984B-402D-AD4E-2031FC693A1F.thumb.jpeg.c2e6bca4e317256020a1c6900a27a9c8.jpeg

513B885C-F0E9-47BE-BC28-1F3D04CCC28E.thumb.jpeg.000823847dd69aea434ba8dee99a1115.jpeg

Unloading on the move. 

5D500088-2BAC-45BB-B179-801DCC6C18D9.thumb.jpeg.dc5620ba23328d46c820d894092ccdc3.jpeg

The beans are dry today, and the dust was heavy. 

D07D38FA-3DD8-4109-B3FB-94781A471B55.thumb.jpeg.07aeb1e10721c1931cf43b5aa0cc3a39.jpeg

Unloading into gravity wagons which will be to be taken to the elevator.

5442F67C-4BC9-4B26-850D-8892F401E308.thumb.jpeg.9f84e9de107a5e95de3c1346ec2987c9.jpeg

0BB02AFC-92AD-414C-8757-430AB994A2EE.thumb.jpeg.bcac6bbee029513d2a510664c33bc9e3.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

seriously considering putting up my christmas tree because it makes me happy 🤷‍♀️

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies. Although they are really just thinly disguised love stories with numerous Christmas trees in the background. 

Besides, there is scientific proof now to start decorating early is healthy.

https://www.bhg.com/christmas/decorating/9-reasons-why-its-never-too-early-for-christmas-decorations-281474979817744/

Edited by HBE4

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And the last, some fall colours. This was the hardest to pick, after almost 100 pictures.  Beautiful day today for sure.

3DA15A85-F118-4152-BAD5-B2E8D1516EA0.thumb.jpeg.1f1529daa65a862d44790b1a0cba8bb9.jpeg

Amazing colours! Just added a fall foliage cruise to the bucket list. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

For some reason, when I read this. I instantly thought, "The sea was angry that day, my friends".  Too much Seinfeld when I was younger.

One of the best episodes, just saw it again the other day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies. Although they are really just thinly disguised love stories with numerous Christmas trees in the background. 

Besides, there is scientific proof now to start decorating early is healthy.

You Hallmark comment had me laughing. Sadly we will be looking at hanging the Christmas lights in November while the weather is warmer. Won’t plug them in until December 1st though. 

Winter tires go on the stormtrooper in a couple weeks. Not because of the risk of snow, but because it runs summer tires the rest of the year and as the weather gets colder they do not handle the same.  The snow better not fly until late December, January would be better. 

• Like 1