"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

20 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

stormtrooper ???

It’s my daily driver, a Jeep Trackhawk.  It is factory supercharged with 707HP, white with black trim.  It has a few other goodies, but needs the winter tires to go in the snow. 

This photo is at Bristol Motor Speedway. 

00F06FAA-F5A3-434D-9A75-8D31ED8617A4.thumb.jpeg.e1fec54582af42a21f140b181214b1d4.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s my daily driver, a Jeep Trackhawk.  It is factory supercharged with 707HP, white with black trim.  It has a few other goodies, but needs the winter tires to go in the snow. 

This photo is at Bristol Motor Speedway. 

00F06FAA-F5A3-434D-9A75-8D31ED8617A4.thumb.jpeg.e1fec54582af42a21f140b181214b1d4.jpeg

I guess it would.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It does look like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

With all the power on tap, how do the snow tires handle it? I would imagine you'd have to be very gentle with the gas pedal, plus have the assistance of  a "winter/snow" setting on the transmission to limit wheel spin.

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Don't have a mighty turkey to show, nor fall colors, so my modest "contribution" 😁 will be my screen saver as of today....

Love that picture.  We were supposed to have been in Venice a couple of weeks ago. 😞

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Installing the new TV on wall hanger...sound bars were next, base cabinet comes tomorrow.

What brand sound bar did you choose?  Planning now for our new Florida house.  I like the Sonos Arc for the whole house music capability but Sonos is NOT cheap.

I’m back from my unexpected vacation/holiday. 

Biketoberfest technically begins Thursday but many bikers are already in town.  Looks like the weather is going to be nice. I’ll post some pictures later in the week. 

We are hosting a party/cookout tomorrow for a few of our friends. This has been an annual thing with us during the Bike events here. I’ll try to take some photos. 

From the traffic I see in and around Ormond & Daytona Beach, it’s going to be a very busy weekend, it’s going to be a big one. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What brand sound bar did you choose?  Planning now for our new Florida house.  I like the Sonos Arc for the whole house music capability but Sonos is NOT cheap.

Sony TV, added in separate Sony sound bar and base "Woofer".   Nice picture and sound.  Sony's are notorious for bad sound on just TV alone, so we made sure to get the sound bar supplement this time...especially for the larger room we installed it in with the higher ceilings.  

Edited by island lady
22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love that picture.  We were supposed to have been in Venice a couple of weeks ago. 😞

Sigh...we are supposed to be headed to Barcelona right now. 🤕  The hotel I booked for 3 nights prior to B2B Med cruise, and then the TA...would not refund.  They even sent me a painful email welcoming me to the hotel and the "trust" I put in them to stay with them.  😒

"Land Yacht" now getting ready to go to take us to the Florida Keys for 3 week trip as replacement.  🏝️

Edited by island lady
Just now, island lady said:

Sigh...we are supposed to be headed to Barcelona right now. 🤕  The hotel I booked for 3 nights prior to B2B Med cruise, and then the TA...would not refund.  They even sent me a painful email welcoming me to the hotel and the "trust" I put in them to stay with them.  😒

Had the same problem with my Venice hotel.  It was booked non-refundable and the hotel would not refund.  I got both a welcome email and a "how was your stay" email afterward.

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think that Venice has a very special light.

19 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m back from my unexpected vacation/holiday. 
M8

Already a few days ago I was wondering why you "disappeared" 😁 Glad you're back.

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t think we are allowed to share the same cell. 😇

M8

All kidding aside, I hope everything is OK with John.  It's been a couple of weeks since he posted and that's not like him.  I think I remember that they moved to be closer to Laura's brother who had medical issues.

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

All kidding aside, I hope everything is OK with John.  It's been a couple of weeks since he posted and that's not like him.  I think I remember that they moved to be closer to Laura's brother who had medical issues.

John is fine. I’m sure he appreciates your concern. ❤️

M8

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

John still kept his beach side condo, will use it in the summer.  He is spending the winters near Ocala in an "over 55" community there.  Indeed close to Laura's brother, which I seem to understand, was in a nursing home.  

I think they are quite busy with remodeling the new place.  

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I could have sworn I saw his twin sister around. But maybe it's just my over active imagination. 😄

10 hours ago, island lady said:

"Land Yacht" now getting ready to go to take us to the Florida Keys for 3 week trip as replacement.  🏝️

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had the same problem with my Venice hotel.  It was booked non-refundable and the hotel would not refund.  I got both a welcome email and a "how was your stay" email afterward.

Bummer! That is too bad about the hotels. You really think they would make an exception considering the circumstances and travel restrictions. We were fortunate that our Barcelona hotel did not require a deposit. And they were very kind about the cancellation. I am sorry to hear that other places were not. 

Edited by Coralc
On 10/12/2020 at 2:04 PM, HBE4 said:

It does look like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

With all the power on tap, how do the snow tires handle it? I would imagine you'd have to be very gentle with the gas pedal, plus have the assistance of  a "winter/snow" setting on the transmission to limit wheel spin.

This will be the second winter for this Jeep. There is a “snow” mode but I have never used it. The most fun is putting it in track mode and finding a snow covered parking lot for some donut drifting.

When driving properly there really isn’t much of an issue as the tires hook up just right. The only issue is, if there is substantial snow fall the clearance is rather low. On those days I either work from home or take truck.  This year I got new set of snow tires and powder coated the rims a second time. They have been on the two SRT8 Jeeps I’ve had previously to the Trackhawk.