"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

On 10/12/2020 at 7:20 AM, HBE4 said:

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies. Although they are really just thinly disguised love stories with numerous Christmas trees in the background. 

Besides, there is scientific proof now to start decorating early is healthy.

https://www.bhg.com/christmas/decorating/9-reasons-why-its-never-too-early-for-christmas-decorations-281474979817744/

I cleared the space in the living room and brought up the box...I'm thinking it will be up by the end of this week!

Have my DVR set for Hallmark every Saturday night for the next 3 months. HA. I  have to watch them when hubby's not home.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, HBE4 said:

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies.

42 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I cleared the space in the living room and brought up the box...I'm thinking it will be up by the end of this week!

Have my DVR set for Hallmark every Saturday night for the next 3 months. HA. I  have to watch them when hubby's not home.

I would not tell either of you what to do.  To each their own. I will not give up on Thanksgiving as a holiday.  

#thanksgivingmatters

Edited by Domino D
30 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Awesome! And very healthy.  You should have a pumpkin tree topper for the next few weeks. 🙂

Yeah, I always make fun of my family members that are obsessed with the Hallmark Christmas movies. I'll ask: "Is this the one where the big city career woman moves back to her small home town to save her Fathers failing business and reunites with her high school crush"? Or "is this the one where the globe-trotting guy returns to his home town to take care of his sick Mom, resolve difference with estrange Dad and reunites with high school crush".

Because I'm pretty sure that how all the movies go. With snow in the background and children singing carols randomly on the street everywhere! 😉

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Awesome! And very healthy.  You should have a pumpkin tree topper for the next few weeks. 🙂

This seems like a simple, yet elegant, compromise between early Christmas decorators and Thanksgiving purists.

10 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I would not tell either of you what to do.  To each their own. I will not give up on Thanksgiving as a holiday.  

#thanksgivingmatters

Happy "HalloThanksMas!" And a Merry "KwanaHanuYear" 🥂🍻

EDIT: In all seriousness, I like to take my holidays one at a time. Except when Thanksgiving is "late" in Nov and there is only a 3 week gap until Christmas....then the tree might go up early. .....early being Thanksgiving weekend.

Edited by HBE4
16 minutes ago, Domino D said:

#thanksgivingmatters

oh I'm definitely not giving up Thanksgiving. That is one one of my favorite holidays and I go all out. THe rest of the house is decorated for fall.

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, I always make fun of my family members that are obsessed with the Hallmark Christmas movies. I'll ask: "Is this the one where the big city career woman moves back to her small home town to save her Fathers failing business and reunites with her high school crush"? Or "is this the one where the globe-trotting guy returns to his home town to take care of his sick Mom, resolve difference with estrange Dad and reunites with high school crush".

Because I'm pretty sure that how all the movies go. With snow in the background and children singing carols randomly on the street everywhere! 😉

HA you are absolutely correct

No love for Halloween?  My wife is a crazy, over the top, Halloween freak (and I say that in the most loving way).  We literally (and I use that word the way it was meant to be used) have more Halloween stuff stored in our basement than Christmas stuff.  Over the years, I've built (and still have) a full sized coffin, a fog cooler (for one of our 4 fog machines), a working guillotine, fake walls/doors, and numerous other things that tie into whatever theme we have for a particular year.  That's right...we have a theme each year.  It's been a spooky wedding, haunted hospital, wild west, Harry Potter, Frankenstein...you get the picture.  We have about a dozen skeletons that are dressed for the theme, and of course our costumes match as well.  Halloween planning starts in early September.  Poor Thanksgiving gets somewhat lost between Halloween and Christmas.

The haunted hospital waiting room:

image.thumb.png.79dd9a4c175a42641a9b7e7e9ca10e06.png

Gringotts bank teller:

image.thumb.png.691c606a281cf9e038046daf248cd6c6.png

Guillotine:

_CM_8275.thumb.jpg.963b25be94144e063052c346b43af71d.jpg

New curbs are in at mom’s place. The laneway is now again equal to the height of the gravel road. Had to add 12” of A gravel to make them equal though. Amazing how much the road has raised over close to 25 years. All prep here and my place is done, other than a road sweeper the day of paving. That’s next week. Dirt and seed to follow shortly after. 

BDBBEBB5-2E82-46AA-B620-C8C0E4BF6AE5.thumb.jpeg.7b72018471f9345ca5a681e44187a6f6.jpeg

After lunch I dry dusted and blew off the antique oil can I bought in an auction a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of opening the pour lid, only to be met by the wafting smell that I immediately recognized as dead mouse. After taking off the larger lid I shook out two petrified dead mice, and a small nest.  I did get it all blown out and was I covered with a confetti of things that I don’t want to think about. 

6C09A35B-FEA4-47CA-AA1A-7FC26744E585.thumb.jpeg.012fd93c40907e16fc77d94e2372e805.jpeg

After that I enjoyed a wonderful shower, while my work clothes enjoyed their own wash.  We grabbed Owen from school and ran to the local pharmacy for the Flu Shot.  Arm is hurting a bit.  Hopefully the next one will be for CV19 with a cruise to follow not long after.  I, like many here, could use one about now.🤞🤪

E39E41D8-A47C-4429-9DA1-A539350F3BBF.thumb.jpeg.bbefd87b6fb5f4e1b4764c6396fbfed6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Happy "HalloThanksMas!" And a Merry "KwanaHanuYear" 🥂🍻

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

oh I'm definitely not giving up Thanksgiving.

I am declaring my #thanksgivingmatters social media campaign (one post on this thread) a success. 

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

No love for Halloween?  

Happy Halloween, your decorations are awesome.