Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Tour ends in Boston!  Very excited!

I wanted to see them open in Chicago, but I will not be back in town  from our cruise.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wanted to see them open in Chicago, but I will not be back in town  from our cruise.

I just registered to hopefully get to buy tickets in the presale next Wednesday.  Fingers crossed.  Otherwise, we will be buying through Stubhub at a premium.  We will be there!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@bobmacliberty Well, surprise, surprise!  I just got an email from Ticketmaster to register for early access to Genesis tickets for a 14 city tour that Genesis announced a few hours ago.  Tour ends in Boston on December 15th.  I know what I want for Christmas this year!  They are playing in Buffalo too!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/04/29/genesis-tour-2021-band-returns-us-after-14-years/4887468001/

Thanks.  I might need to go visit my brother in Buffalo.  😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yep, and Peter released, and Tony released, and Steve released, and Michael released, and Anthony released... my all-time favorite band, especially when Peter was in the group.  The only group I own more from would be Yes, because they did so many albums and solos.

I have every YES album too.I agree with you about Peter Gabriel.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had friends and relatives who were in Classic Rock Bands.

Anyone I would know? Being a musician my whole life I was heavily influenced by the prog rock groups of the 70's including Genesis, Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Gentle Giant and Kansas. Great times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Anyone I would know? Being a musician my whole life I was heavily influenced by the prog rock groups of the 70's including Genesis, Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Gentle Giant and Kansas. Great times.

Blood Sweat and Tears,Mountain,The Duprees.

A friend of mine has a Woodstock Tribute Band that plays every August in Bethel.They are on You Tube:Retro69.The female singer in the group,Melissa League is fantastic.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

There was a funny interview with members of Kansas. Their most frequently heard younger fan comment, "Oh yes! We played your song (Dust in the Wind) at grandma's funeral! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I also knew Jay Black of Jay and The Americans,which is actually Pop Rock but I have been to many of his concerts,Frank DeFranco a guitarist who played with many bands. Another friend of mine has a pop rock group that is also on You Tube:Ladyz and the Boyz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

members of Kansas played at my cousin's wedding in 2018.  I think I posted that in my Allure review (links to my YouTube). It was AWESOME!

Oh I'll bet! That would be great! He was just sort of baffled as to how to reply to the comment. :classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, singinalot said:

members of Kansas played at my cousin's wedding in 2018. 

That is awesome. What a great memory and what a band to play. Better than your average "Wedding Singer" band.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

members of Kansas played at my cousin's wedding in 2018.  I think I posted that in my Allure review (links to my YouTube). It was AWESOME!

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh I'll bet! That would be great! He was just sort of baffled as to how to reply to the comment. :classic_biggrin:

Simon LeBon of Duran Duran was a guest at a wedding that I went to about 15 years ago but he did not entertain.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It took my HS friends several weeks to find a date that suits us all "grannies", but finally we celebrated my belated b'day with a fine brunch --

Girls2.jpg2.jpg

Girls.jpg

Delicious looking spread.  Love the assorted breads and bowl they're in.  What a special way to celebrate your birthday, with good friends from HS!

• Like 1

To think, my DH's dream became a reality Pre-Pandemic

We were able to get front row stage left seats to hear in concert LIVE JIMMY BUFFETT in 2020 in Pittsburgh.

When it was cancelled we had the option to keep same seats, same venue in 2021.

So not wanting to give up the chance of a lifetime we turfed them to this year.

Then the DD decided to have her wedding on that weekend near Cleveland.

Now dilemma:

Do we go to concert if it happens.  And we go very very tired and hungover  to rehearsal  and dinner for the DD's wedding. Making the DH happy.

Or

Do a lot of praying and hope the concert is postponed makes DH happy.  

Or

Just sell the tickets makes wifey happy.

What do you think will happen.

🙄

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Talking about music.....

Now that our gyms are open I need some music suggestions for my workout playlist .

My taste is pretty wide ranging.  Some of my current list:

We didn't start the fire..Billy Joel 

Manic Mondays....The Bangles

Wake me up before you go go...wham

Town called Malice...the Jam

And to cool down,  Faiths Song by Amy Wadge 

Any suggestions to add to my list?

Here are some suggestions.  This may make you start dancing though.  🎶 🎵 🎶

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eye Peas

DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love Again - Usher

Dynamite - Taio Cruz

I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

For cool down:

New York (Empire State of Mind) - Alicia Keys

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I was watching that!

Sounds very positive. I am sure our resident Negative Nosterdamus is ready with his safety pin to p r i c k this balloon, but I will count that as entertainment😁

If you are referring to me I want to go back to cruising so I can get the picture that RJ took of me .

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was our first cruise too.  My parents took us on Hal Veendam that docked in hamilton for 3 days.  We fell in love with bermuda and cruising.

We have done a couple non cruise vacations there too.

We recently booked a b2b on vision for this august.  When I saw airfare at $99 or $149 pp I was sold.  And we got a beautiful corner aft with wrap around balcony.  Cannot wait to be back at sea.

Our first cruise was also to Bermuda and we also fell in love with Bermuda and cruising.We went back there 11 times but always on ships that docked in Hamilton.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

May be by the time the party begins, the weather will turn nice 🥰

Decent weather here, but Covid and time constraints -- low key celebration for DS2

Elior.jpg

Happy Birthday to your son.  Until 120. Sweet grandsons. Beautiful smiles on all 3.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's required

This is my favorite version

A little long intro, so skip to 2:20 mark😉

Drums kick in at around 5:20. Epic

When I was still working I would play this song on my cassette player ,open the door to my office and let everyone hear the greatness of Phil Collins.

• Like 1