"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Neil Sedaka story.After I got married my parents moved to Brighton Beach.They lived in an apartment directly over the apartment of Neil Sedaka’s parents.Neil usually came to visit his parents on Sundays and he would sing to them .On summer days everyone had their windows open as nobody had air conditioners in those days.When my father heard Neil sing he would bang on the radiator and yell out the window telling Neil’s father that Neil should give up singing and get a real job.

Neil's mother in law owned the Esther Manor hotel in the Catskills. Neil's father must be glad he didn't take your father's advice.

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You should have songs that guaranteed nobody else will have:

Saki-Laki-Waki by the Viscounts

Mandrill by Mandrill

Mississippi Queen by Mountain

Diamonds and Pearls by the Paradons

I always preferred Nantucket sleigh ride, and a theme from an Imaginary Western from Mountain.  Mississippi Queen always seemed like a throw away to me.  I will have to google the others, although I think I remember Mandrill.

Are any of those giant over weight guys from Mountain still alive?

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A friend of mine here hosted an annual car show at his house for 15 years and it became the largest car show in Canada. He raised over $1.7 million for local charities. 

This was the poster for his final year.  One of the musical guests, a Gary Lewis and the Playboys.

8BEA37D9-2501-4C8B-84BC-F0F89A2B2EAE.thumb.jpeg.78faad7bf9ea2b9636f100a518a1c7f0.jpeg

Wow and good job on the charity work.  Tony Orlando 77 and Gary Lewis 74 with grey hair. When did THEY get old?  🙄 Do you remember what year this was?

There was a car show 2 years ago where I lived. I don't know much about cars but my eyes were drawn to a silver Lotus.  I kept thinking THAT was Richard Gere's car in "Pretty Woman".

I booked my Fall Vacation today.  Our pilot, BTFP Brad the f..... pilot, and his wife are going the US Gran Prix in Austin at COTA, and I found out the plane was going... so I booked GA tickets today a very expensive Hilton using all of my points plus $600, and the Champions Club at $2600....  My DW is not thrilled.  

So, I will be flying (hopefully weather permitting) deep into the heart of super liberal Texas in 6 months.  

Vroom

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Is it heated😁, I can use our small backyard pool about 6 months out of the year without using our heater . I alway thought it was strange seeing so many pools flying into Buffalo NY airport.

Yes, it’s set at 65F for now. When summer gets going I have it set at 80 to 85.  I’d rather heat the pool than the house is my expression. 

• Like 2

Great day for me, my doctor said in about 3 weeks I will be able to get up and about, he was correct, today I was able to go food shopping, take a short walk on the beach and ate lunch at a local restaurant,  Yeah! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wow and good job on the charity work.  Tony Orlando 77 and Gary Lewis 74 with grey hair. When did THEY get old?  🙄 Do you remember what year this was?

There was a car show 2 years ago where I lived. I don't know much about cars but my eyes were drawn to a silver Lotus.  I kept thinking THAT was Richard Gere's car in "Pretty Woman".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JamesEM said:

Great day for me, my doctor said in about 3 weeks I will be able to get up and about, he was correct, today I was able to go food shopping, take a short walk on the beach and ate lunch at a local restaurant,  Yeah! 

So glad to hear that. Happy for you.

1 hour ago, JamesEM said:

Great news.

Pleased for you.

Graham.

Morning everyone.

42°F and sunny here this morning.

Deepest condolences Dani to all those people in Israel who died at the religious festival last night.

Prayers to everyone and I sincerely hope none of your family were involved.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Deepest condolences Dani to all those people in Israel who died at the religious festival last night.

Thanks, Graham, appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very very sad about this happening, but, at the same time, it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

The police asked for 3000 persons at a time, but arrived 100.000 and the police were overwhelmed.

Last year, it was Corona cancelled, and the Ministry of Health was against the festival happening this year too....

Covid may be a bit behind us, but at this festival one of the traditions is to cut the hair for the 1st time to toddlers at 3 years of age... All those unvaccinated kids with many young families in a very narrow place.

Life is sacred, much more than an annual tradition....😢😢

• Like 8

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Have a safe, long and enjoyable trip. Wave and smile thru the window as you fly over my house. I'll be mowing my lawn. 🙂🍷

LOL!  Thanks Dave...shuttle service picking us up in 20 minutes.  Feels weird to have suitcases ready to go out!!  😄 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Graham, appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very very sad about this happening, but, at the same time, it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

The police asked for 3000 persons at a time, but arrived 100.000 and the police were overwhelmed.

Last year, it was Corona cancelled, and the Ministry of Health was against the festival happening this year too....

Covid may be a bit behind us, but at this festival one of the traditions is to cut the hair for the 1st time to toddlers at 3 years of age... All those unvaccinated kids with many young families in a very narrow place.

Life is sacred, much more than an annual tradition....😢😢

This is major headlines here in Ohio about all the people who were killed and hurt.

Prayers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!  Thanks Dave...shuttle service picking us up in 20 minutes.  Feels weird to have suitcases ready to go out!!  😄 

Hope you both have a lovely time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Propane, no natural gas here.

That seems so strange. I heat both the house and office with natural gas. It is supplied through a pipe distribution system. I never have ro worry about deliveries of oil or propane.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That seems so strange. I heat both the house and office with natural gas. It is supplied through a pipe distribution system. I never have ro worry about deliveries of oil or propane.

That’s why I was curious as to whether it was propane or electric....no gas service out in the country where Andrew is. 

Our neighbourhood built in the early 70’s with most houses on electric heat had gas brought to the neighbourhood in 2000.  We made the switch then. 

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

2019 was the last year.  

He would get about 25,000 people per day and around 3-5 thousand cars. He helped to create mile long traffic jams as people waited to enter with show cars. They also had offsite parking lots with shuttle transfers for guests. 

He had musical guests, typically 3 a year, with the Beach Boys being one of the biggest named.  There were  movie/TV celebrities for meet and greets from modern and past days. Some example being Adam West, Steve Darnel, the cast of The Dukes of Hazard, some of the cast of American Graffiti etc... George Barris and Gene Winfield were annual guests after their first visit. All favourites from his youth. GM is his brand but Cadillac is his choice of car with over 60 of them.  Many being one of one.

It was a lot to but on for one guy and a fleet of volunteers, but one heck of a show to be held at his home. However not many people have a 3 hole par three course at their house and 105 acres. The grounds were used for parking and the ponds were used for ampicar rides. There were chopper rides, mini air shows as well with one highlight being a Lancaster Bomber flyover, one of the last airborne.  An episode of Car Crazy was filmed there as well. If you search for Fleetwood County Cruise In you will find quite a bit there on the show. 

He continues to raise funds for the humane society with a large event called Pawlooza where people with 6,000 dogs come to gather for the day. Unfortunately the pandemic has put it to a halt for now. 

Here’s a good video showing the event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Wishing you a smashing time sampling all those wines just waiting for you 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How are you hearing yours, propane or electric?

We have a gas heater that I rarely use , in summer pool can get over 90 which is no longer refreshing,  having the pool replastered in the next month.

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We have a gas heater that I rarely use , in summer pool can get over 90 which is no longer refreshing,  having the pool replastered in the next month.

Our season is so short up here that we need the heater.