Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Maybe its time to change the name of this thread to drop the "in lockdown" phrase.  Nothing is locked down where I live and I suspect its mostly "un-locked" everywhere else as well.

Edited by DWhit

5 minutes ago, DWhit said:

Maybe its time to change the name of this thread to drop the "in lockdown" phrase.  Nothing is locked down where I live and I suspect its mostly "un-locked" everywhere else as well.

Cruises are still locked down for us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, mo&fran said:

Cruises are still locked down for us.

We are heading out on the Adventure from Nassau in 18 more days!  Still have cabins available if you'd like to "un-lock".

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DWhit said:

Some parts of the world are still in one form of lockdown .  We hear later this month if we will fully open our last phase here in the UK 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Some parts of the world are still in one form of lockdown .  We hear later this month if we will fully open our last phase here in the UK 

Oh goodness, I forgot about that.  I guess I was way too early, but I just want this thing to be over and done with, as I am sure everyone else does too.  Hang in there and take care.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DWhit said:

Still can't go across provincial boundaries in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Another day in paradise

20210602_080922.thumb.jpg.8a1aa6be95d44ceaf26abbbc1200e4ab.jpg

The ropes are for the concrete restoration crew. They are doing our stack now. Nothing like jackhammers to kill my vibe.

Next year our stacks will have the concrete restoration project - so lots of cruises booked during the jackhammering episodes. Not looking forward to the 6 quarters of higher HOA fees!!!!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Next year our stacks will have the concrete restoration project - so lots of cruises booked during the jackhammering episodes. Not looking forward to the 6 quarters of higher HOA fees!!!!!!

We did a special assessment for the roof and garage debacle. I'm hopeful the restoration is included in our reserves. Current HOA is around $560. It's creeped up $100 in 6 years

15 hours ago, George C said:

Kind of crazy that Toronto baseball team will play there home games in Buffalo.

Buffalo has a nice Triple A stadium.  Not nearly as nice, or as big, as Toronto's Rogers Centre but at least passable. I watched a ball game there several years ago, followed by a Huey Lewis and the News concert in the infield.  As you might guess, the band was past their prime. 😁

In addition to the Yankees, I would expect there to be a lot of Indians fans when Toronto plays Cleveland.  It's less than 3 hours from Cleveland to Buffalo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We did a special assessment for the roof and garage debacle. I'm hopeful the restoration is included in our reserves. Current HOA is around $560. It's creeped up $100 in 6 years

Our concrete restoration and new carpeting / painting for common areas are a special assessment over 6 quarters. The property was built in 1996 and our building in 1997 - so it needs some refreshing and maintenance. We love it here - don't use the golf course but the restaurant is very good.

https://www.the-regency.com/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful property. And the view is to die for.

We have been living here for 7 years and have adjusted to condo life. Always had a single family home but we are retired and no need for a larger house and all of the upkeep. Down sizing wasn't actually a problem - kids got some furniture & "stuff" - donated lots of "stuff" to local charities. Found out that we didn't need "stuff". Now we just let the office and security know that we are leaving (cruising) and no worries.

• Like 5