Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yep, always cutting.... I can easily eat 2 or even 3, just bought some right now 😉

IMG_6151.jpg

I grilled last night and we had corn on the cob as a side. As mentioned, in Publix, corn was 4 for a $1. 

Dani, I just wanted to mention, the boss and I were following the situation in Israel and were thinking about you. We have watched a lot of Jewish networks during this time. The boss has friends and family in Israel 🇮🇱 and was getting updates from them.  Hoping the cease fire remains in effect. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Hoping the cease fire remains in effect

Thanks, appreciate it. Hopefully, Boss's family and friends are OK.

We very very much hope too.... It was very tough this time, with kids and grandkids to worry about, and I'm still vary of every unusual noise....

• Like 3

This morning...Bucky woke up to my homemade potato crusted quiche.   He is ready to go!  😉 

Sister has Celiac...good Gluten Free choice.  Broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bacon, cheese...Mmm...

was good.  Along with a yogurt fruit parfait.  Full bellies!  

20210603_071851.jpg

20210603_071910.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It's got to be The Holy Donut.  It's the reason why I want to go back- for their donuts (Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Fresh Lemon) and their T-shirt.  

Yup, Gary (Cruise Wizard) destination each time we docked in Portland.  Bucky and I...headed to "Two Fat Cats" for their fresh blueberry pie.  Alas...apparently they are both gone from those locations.  😞 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

This morning...Bucky woke up to my homemade potato crusted quiche.   He is ready to go!  😉 

Sister has Celiac...good Gluten Free choice.  Broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bacon, cheese...Mmm...

20210603_071851.jpg

20210603_071910.jpg

The food looks delicious BUT who is that troll???? Better keep your doors locked!!!!!

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We do that all the time now but once upon a time it would be the typewriter style with butter and salt. Our Publix had a 4 for $1 this past week and we loaded up.

My grandmother always had sweet corn in her garden in Michigan.  Once all ripe, she would boil them up, then cut the corn off them, putting them in freezer containers.  Yumms!  Huge difference from the frozen corn in the grocery store!  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

So is the new Holy Donut going to be closer to the ship? I just have to get my fix every time in Portland. The walk to and from the donut shop let me eat an extra one............and sometimes the line was out the door and down the street. I hope the new spot is bigger in size and easy to walk to.

Website shows new location on Park Ave....2 miles to their location from the cruise terminal.  Taxi?  

14 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

The food looks delicious BUT who is that troll???? Better keep your doors locked!!!!!

LOL....   🤣

The Troll ate well this morning.  😋  That paired up with my kick ass strong coffee...he is a happy troll!  😄 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I just checked the web site and didn't see anything about a new location on Commercial St.

For those who don't know about the Holy Donut - click and dream:

https://theholydonut.com/

I found them listed on Park Ave.  Actually closer to 295 than the port.  😞 

Edited by island lady

This morning...Bucky woke up to my homemade potato crusted quiche.   He is ready to go!  😉 

I am continually impressed by everything you do.

No idle moments for you.

Damn, you can cook.

We are doing a car trip to the Sunshine state in August, maybe we will do a fly by and I can steal, I mean borrow that recipe.   

Seriously though, as my DH would say.   "Good Wifey"

Be safe

• Like 4