"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just went to the store to get Nate’s father’s day gift and I’m happy to say that the luggage shelves were empty! I got the last 28”! Very positive sign 🤞🙏🏻

Hiding it in our guest bedroom closet cuz he’ll never go down there 

4CEC26AD-08A4-42A0-A60C-3373FC140D51.jpeg

It looks lonely - just like ours in the storage room EXCEPT our are dusty!!!!

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's excellent news, A. I admire her for her guts -- doing both eyes at the same time. Such an improvement in the quality of life not to wear glasses.

I have 4 pairs laying around in the apartment.... such a bother to find them.

Since DH has such an innovative mind [15 US patents 😉], I keep pestering him to invent a means to find the glasses when I need them....

Just put them up on your forehead - free advise!!!

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Since DH has such an innovative mind [15 US patents 😉], 

That is a very impressive achievement for an individual! :classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is a very impressive achievement for an individual! :classic_biggrin:

Even more so for one without a high school diploma, just 12 years at ORT.... really [ORT colleges operate as interdisciplinary education centers, ranging from science and technology studies to the arts, design and communications.]

He got the title of "senior fellow" at his high tech place of work [HP at one time] with 5 other colleagues. The other ones ALL had at least a Ph.D./Dr. in engineering, computers or science.

Edited by dani negreanu
22 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Just put them up on your forehead - free advise!!!

It's complicated -- I need glasses for moving around, and glasses for computer, and glasses for reading the small letters in the newspaper...😢

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It's complicated -- I need glasses for moving around, and glasses for computer, and glasses for reading the small letters in the newspaper...😢

Me too, and each location has a specific pair of glasses that I use there: computer, kitchen, piano, tv/ipad, etc.  I still don't understand how people can have one pair of glasses that works for everything.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

With the way the CDC is covering its incompetence tracks, I very much expect there won't be a day limit on cruises next year if not sooner.

That would be great, I have a big birth celebrate in March.  Narrowed it to 8 nt Allure or 10 nt Celebrity.

1 minute ago, derorim said:

Me too, and each location has a specific pair of glasses that I use there: computer, kitchen, piano, tv/ipad, etc.  I still don't understand how people can have one pair of glasses that works for everything.

I have progressive bifocals that I wear all the time but have recently added a second pair of glasses that are progressives to wear when on the computer.  They have my mid range lens on the top and my reading on the bottom.  I love the larger field of sight for the computer.  The everyday progressives have distance and reading, with a very small field for my midrange vision.  Pricey, but worth it.

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That would be great, I have a big birth celebrate in March.  Narrowed it to 8 nt Allure or 10 nt Celebrity.

Next March for my birthday #79 - we have booked the Vision of the Seas for a B2B starting on 2/25  - a 10 & 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. The Vision is a tad old but hell...........I'm OLD too!!!!! We booked it for the variety of ports  and leaving from FLL which is about an hour and a half drive from home.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Since we're all doing cat pictures now...

Presenting Basil the wonder kitty.

IMG_1388.thumb.JPG.80dc8bf208f4c6b55890fd80ec1b7b61.JPG

Love his toes, they look like gloves instead of mittens.

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Next March for my birthday #79 - we have booked the Vision of the Seas for a B2B starting on 2/25  - a 10 & 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. The Vision is a tad old but hell...........I'm OLD too!!!!! We booked it for the variety of ports  and leaving from FLL which is about an hour and a half drive from home.

Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have progressive bifocals that I wear all the time but have recently added a second pair of glasses that are progressives to wear when on the computer.  They have my mid range lens on the top and my reading on the bottom.  I love the larger field of sight for the computer.  The everyday progressives have distance and reading, with a very small field for my midrange vision.  Pricey, but worth it.

I wear contacts - or contact, I should say. A few years back my eye Dr switched me from lenses in both eyes to only in one eye.  Something about the eyes compensate - one eye is for distance vision and the other is for close up.  Doesn’t make sense to me but it works. Previously I was using readers for any reading. Now only need them for very fine print.

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I wonder what's the storyline.... Elmer seems so focused..... and your hubby too....😉😁

Someone put birdseed on a picnic table and different birds and squirrels come eat.  There are bird sounds too.  Very interesting for them both.  LOL

3 hours ago, derorim said:

@dani negreanuMiss Priss is a Maine Coon.  

I will have to find a picture but I had a maine coon, Jasmine, several years ago.    He was such a lover but only with certain people.   If he didn't like you he let you know it.   

I always thought I wanted a Maine Coon, because I love big cats. But after having this long haired grey cat that my mom left us, I don't. We will stick with shorthairs from now on. I can't believe how much cat fur is everywhere. And now he has matted hairballs, because he is not grooming properly. 

I love the looks of Basil and the big Ginger! :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My two knuckleheads .

6B96EFDE-508B-4225-8F3E-1163C150D080.jpeg

60CBE121-16F4-4627-BBFF-30E49C3AA79D.jpeg

OMG!    Are you sure you didn't kidnap my Sparky and Eva while I am at work today?    When i get home I will upload a picture but we have twins of each version.

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I always thought I wanted a Maine Coon, because I love big cats. But after having this long haired grey cat that my mom left us, I don't. We will stick with shorthairs from now on. I can't believe how much cat fur is everywhere. And now he has matted hairballs, because he is not grooming properly. 

Maine Coons do need some extra attention on brushing/combing but my Jasmine didn't mind.   He would purr and purr and love the attention.

At the same time I had Jasmine I rescued a Flame Point Himalayan from a dumpster (yes she jumped out of my arms at a new home site construction dumpster).   She was a filthy mess and starving.    I took her to the vet got her cleaned up and named her China, she absolutely loved to take a bath, have her hair blow dried and brushed out.     she was about pamper me and I will love you even more.     She used to give the best head messages.    Every night when we sat down to watch TV she would jump onto the back of the sofa or recliner and massage our heads with her kneading.    It was heaven.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, how is his name not “Mittens”?!

He is named after my favorite TV Character.  I was and am still a big John Cleese fan and loved Fawlty Towers

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

We have a short haired cat and a very long haired 20 lb ragdoll who loves being combed my wife grooms him every day and I also pitch in , both super friendly 14 year old kitties .