Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, M8VER3 said:

We were up your way a couple of weekends ago. Dealer ride (BRDHD and BRNSB) to Amelia. We stayed at Amelia Schoolhouse Inn. We had dinner one night at the Amelia Tavern which was just a short walk from the Inn. Highlight of the trip for most was crossing the St John’s River on the Mayport Ferry. I had been across many times but most had not. We had a great time. Some pictures. 

EDC5C9F3-A7BD-40FB-A0A1-95AACF2A5EFB.jpeg

You never mentioned Hulk Hogan being a HOG member in your Chapter. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You never mentioned Hulk Hogan being a HOG member in your Chapter. 😁

He doesn’t like us bringing attention to him. He wants us to treat him like a regular Joe. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good afternoon. 
We started planting the garden over Memorial Day.  Finished with a few touch ups yesterday. Planted sun flower seeds around the perimeter. So yesterday I looked out and a chipmunk and squirrel were feasting and digging  up the seeds. So I grabbed my heavy duty aluminum foil and laid it over the seeds. So far so good. 
Then today I looked out the window  and we had deer in the back yard. They avoided the garden —- so far. 
I heard if you put shredded soap around garden deer will avoid. Buying  Irish spring soap. 

Take care 

C82BFD8E-E128-4C58-8130-14B56AF4CDCA.jpeg

Nice. We have these 3 frequent our lot. They are bold coming out during the day. Our area is loaded with Deer and Turkey. 

EF2A6D5C-1148-4F35-A5BC-1CB23FC95F6F.jpeg

D5A0DA74-4EAF-493F-9AF9-51C49BB3AE10.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, island lady said:

So many beautiful places in the U.S...so little time.  😮  But will be trying to make a dent in the visits before we pass off this earth.  😉 

Are you doing anything special for your birthday on Saturday?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Nice. We have these 3 frequent our lot. They are bold coming out during the day. Our area is loaded with Deer and Turkey. 

EF2A6D5C-1148-4F35-A5BC-1CB23FC95F6F.jpeg

D5A0DA74-4EAF-493F-9AF9-51C49BB3AE10.jpeg

I am a city boy,  but remember going on a business trip a long time ago and was extremely surprised at seeing a heard of deer in front of Corning headquarters in Corning New York. 

• Like 2

Ok. Where do I start. I’ll try to do this in segments. @John&LaLa John does a great job when he shares in this manner. 

March 29 I was sent to a Lifetime of playing Monopoly. The game doesn’t seem much fun any longer. So, you guys have missed a lot with our building project. 

On March 20, our building permit request was submitted to the county. On March 24, our Tree Survey was submitted. 

Tree Survey - Rules and regulations. What is a Tree Survey? Our lot was uncleared. Part of the Survey includes a walkthrough search for evidence of Gopher Turtle onsite. If they find evidence of Gopher Turtles then things can get complicated and expensive. Something to remember before buying an uncleared lot in Florida. Luckily, the Turtle Inspector found no signs of Gopher Turtle(s) onsite. 

Tree Survey part of the survey includes this. 
The site plan/tree survey must include all trees with a diameter at breast height (DBH) of three (6”) inches and greater. This is required for Volusia County. Other cities/counties have different requirements. In my research, I found the City of Miami has a DBH of 3” or a height of 12’.  We had a bunch of Pines that were DBH 6”. Ok, they have a complicated formula to determine what and how many trees one must plant after construction before the CO is given.  This is supposedly to protect our environment. However, you are allowed to buy your way out. The dollar amount is also based on the formula I never understood. The money is given to the county and apparently they have an area where they plant trees on your behalf. We may use the buy out option. Not sure yet. You really don’t find out the size/quantity of trees until the landscape phase near the end of construction. 

On April 14, the Tree Survey Permit went Ready to Issue. 

On April 16, this showed up on the lot. (More to follow)

ADC5A611-3427-4D56-AC67-E6D2224FA7C7.jpeg

Edited by M8VER3
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, M8VER3 said:

He doesn’t like us bringing attention to him. He wants us to treat him like a regular Joe. 😎

I looked right at him and didn’t even notice it was him. All good. 

• Thanks 1

On May 17, they began to add fill to set the elevation and pad. This went on and off for four days until the pad was complete on May 20. The elevation is set to 2’8” above the crown of the road. It took more than 45 truck loads of dirt. The dirt for the pad is really good dirt. Not like typical Florida sand, but firm dirt. They used a roller to insure it was packed. 

4B1918BF-4718-4045-9E37-82799E33E30C.jpeg

75E60613-1767-4052-85FD-1691BA4D8492.jpeg

34FB89AF-3070-4455-9345-6357DB774189.jpeg

09DEE0A9-6E2B-4E90-916F-ED4CF96A94D8.jpeg

C8802CFF-5C11-446A-9F7C-EB9A3A2F1713.jpeg

93AAF68E-BAD4-4046-A0DB-2D23047F4795.jpeg

D909B8F0-A58A-46B1-8CDB-414B174EA4A2.jpeg

D3514935-7A96-400B-876A-1553ADD277BF.jpeg

• Like 8

Ok, the pad has been set. On May 19, the building permit was issued. 50 days after submission. 

On Saturday May 22, we went to our second Rock Concert since Covid, Blue Oyster Cult (great to live in Florida).at The Amp St Augustine. Front roll seats. The opening act was I’m an American Band, Mark Farner (Grand Funk Railroad) 

Sorry, just had to add this. 

ED8CDE6E-0438-4D1C-87AB-C9D38C0257CA.jpeg

FD2A3F15-4F70-4044-8BF4-BF21C177CF25.jpeg

A15AE5B9-A1B0-426E-962B-744D87599F15.jpeg

Edited by M8VER3
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Looking for a place where you can just park your car and walk to bars and restaurants.  Thinking of the Hampton Inn downtown not the one on Amelia Island

Hampton Inn downtown is a good choice. I’ve stayed there twice while house shopping and closing. There’s a good, but small, bar right across the street called PJDs. Good wine and beer selection. They often have someone playing live music outside. Also across the street is a fairly new restaurant/bar called The Boat House. Decent food and a fun outdoor deck with live music. Gets crowded outside. On 3rd street is an eclectic bar that we like called the Green Turtle. Interesting mix of locals and tourists. As I said to Rory, The Decantery is good for cocktails. It’s right next to The Palace, which claims to be the oldest bar in Florida. We’ve only been in The Palace once. 

Lots of good restaurants in walking distance. Espana (Spanish) is always great. We like Cafe Karibo (mixed cuisine). Ciao has good Italian. The Salty Pelican is also fun for casual food. We also like Joe’s 2nd street Bistro right across from the hotel next to PJDs. If you want upscale, David’s is supposed to be good, but we’ve not been there. If you don’t mind driving 10 minutes, we really like Lagniappe (hard to describe) and Cucina South (Italian). 

Hampton Inn is the only true hotel near downtown Fernandina but there are several B&Bs, often in historic houses. We haven’t stayed at any so I can’t personally recommend any but the Schoolhouse Inn where Rory stayed gets good reviews. It’s a little outside the small downtown area but only an additional 5 minute walk. If you stay at the Hampton, get a room at the front of the bldg, facing 2nd street. There is a working rail line along the back of the bldg. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

We were up your way a couple of weekends ago. Dealer ride (BRDHD and BRNSB) to Amelia. We stayed at Amelia Schoolhouse Inn. We had dinner one night at the Amelia Tavern which was just a short walk from the Inn. Highlight of the trip for most was crossing the St John’s River on the Mayport Ferry. I had been across many times but most had not. We had a great time. Some pictures. 

224B746B-7F1D-4DC7-AA20-77E86131465E.jpeg

Whoever the lady is with the black shoes with white soles knows how to pick a good brand. 😁  So comfortable.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 1

So, new member, could you set a 30amp pedestal, a water spigot, and a septic or connection to sewer.  I am not sure exactly where you are, but John didn’t want me and my RV parking at his house, so, you lucky devil, you get me!!!!!  On the upside, I am a good cook, and I have a nice collection of vintage wine.  I admire your service, and moochdocking is in my future!  I am hoping Andrew actually puts in the Flowrider... as that is my summer plan at the moment.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On May 25, the reset the corners with another survey.  On May 28, they began to set the boards for inground plumbing. This was completed on the following day. 

I took the drone out for some flyovers. 

Odd, my drone pictures are not posting. Back to the drawing board.  I have some regular photos to try. 

40619044-A94B-4DB0-857F-F46856FF0D7E.jpeg

5F468CD9-1799-4BD4-A6E5-CDA6CA2BA2F5.jpeg

6FC0CC15-CB5D-481A-AE34-3CEE15938014.jpeg

9737EB8D-B7D3-4111-8E65-D7B1E960F934.jpeg

BCC46D54-A15B-41C0-BA4D-5B09DA41B265.jpeg

3E9FE8A2-0A1A-4D2D-BB01-EB3221DB7F70.jpeg

8B6291AE-1032-42BA-AD28-9DA5CF2252F8.jpeg

Edited by M8VER3
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, George C said:

We had a rude wake up , we had went out last night and had bought a washer dryer a couple months ago from Lowe’s and they decided to deliver it 6:30 this morning. On the brighter side our cruise leaves exactly one month from today (hopefully)

WTH. Did they even tell you they would be coming?

45 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I looked right at him and didn’t even notice it was him. All good. 

I thought he looked familiar, but then just guessed a lot of them look a like. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

“Troy” isn’t a word or name. It was Troyka, which is a name for Russian 3 wheel carriage. Ural Motorcycles has a model called Troyka.  I had a Ural Troyka for a few years. It was fun to ride but couldn’t get out of the way when needed. Not enough power. 

Rory

F15957D1-06CC-4DF8-8328-8B97463831D0.jpeg

CF13F4EF-4B9F-421F-A22C-C20876B42746.png

OMG  I named my last Beta fish Troyka, because he was our third.

Did not know what it really meant.

Wow

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, new member, could you set a 30amp pedestal, a water spigot, and a septic or connection to sewer.  I am not sure exactly where you are, but John didn’t want me and my RV parking at his house, so, you lucky devil, you get me!!!!!  On the upside, I am a good cook, and I have a nice collection of vintage wine.  I admire your service, and moochdocking is in my future!  I am hoping Andrew actually puts in the Flowrider... as that is my summer plan at the moment.  

JC your funny. Unfortunately, our gated community doesn’t allow any overnight parking for RV, Trailers, and Boats. I guess you could dump in the clean out. The Community Patrol ride around just looking for infractions to write up. I guess it makes them feel important??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

OMG  I named my last Beta fish Troyka, because he was our third.

Did not know what it really meant.

Wow

YES!!! Awesome. It sorta means 3 in Russian and may be used for many things involving anything in three’s. The point was, “Troy” doesn’t represent a name but Troyka does. Old education, it was actually Troykahack with Troyka meaning 3, in this case three wheels, and a Hack or hacker is slang for people that ride a motorcycle with sidecar. 

😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

So share? Brand? Style? 

The brand is Hoka. I wear the Bondi 7 and not sure what style they have on. The Bondi is so cushiony. I noticed yesterday one of the physical therapist where I go also had on a pair, but not sure which style. 
https://www.hokaoneone.com/womens-road/bondi-7/1110519.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

JC your funny. Unfortunately, our gated community doesn’t allow any overnight parking for RV, Trailers, and Boats. I guess you could dump in the clean out. The Community Patrol ride around just looking for infractions to write up. I guess it makes them feel important??

If you had an rv where would you park it? Do they have a storage on site for such things?

• Like 1

I believe the issue with the drone photos is size. I had to send the drone back to DJI for repair. I believe the reset default was very high 4K density. I need to lower that. I’ll do that tomorrow. 

Today, they plumped our build. Inspection has been called for. Hopefully, before the end of next week we “might” just have a slab. I’ve learned everything seems to take longer than our expectations. 

I’ll try to get a drone view soon. Here are some photos from today’s job. 

I thought I would add a little timeline. Last August, we began our search for a new home. We had a 3 car garage and just ran out of room. We felt 5 was the minimum. We looked everywhere. We have a fly in community near hear and even looked at homes on the taxi way with hangers. Many were nice but so old (in our mind), built in the 80-90’s timeframe. So we decided to build. We picked our lot and closed on it in October. We then signed the contract to build beginning of November. We first met with the Design Center on January 28. We ended up meeting with our designer on 3 occasions. What a process this was. As mentioned, our building plans went into the County on March 30. Took 50 days to issue. 

EA62AF60-526F-4DBC-969F-AA60CFAED222.jpeg

4C478177-D7FC-4BBC-91CE-0168C147FF20.jpeg

A69777EB-5E9B-4721-974B-FEBADB97D5C1.jpeg

9BAB97BF-B1C2-46AB-8390-98774C794764.jpeg

E4BE6367-CD5B-4891-B856-BE45FCCAF865.jpeg

E6F00FAC-A647-42CB-97DE-2B3911374917.jpeg

35DB0982-4A86-44BF-A0F4-3C0DF388BCB2.jpeg

E8B8BD20-B698-4BF8-A883-6D41DC94A2AD.jpeg

65BE1C30-3E20-4710-A3E9-D7D20114709A.jpeg

F6179A9A-861E-4E10-B2EA-B51A72FE4F7D.jpeg

079AEC13-F932-48E7-B628-5393778DCCCD.jpeg

D5BCB887-B8A3-4871-9D2C-48E68899DB51.jpeg