"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

37 minutes ago, George C said:

Just heard some sad news B J Thomas just passed away, he was on our rock and romance cruise two years ago and was scheduled to be on it again in February, very friendly guy talked to everyone, posed with pictures and told great stories about his career.

That's sad to hear, may he RIP.

51 minutes ago, George C said:

Love Siamese cats , we had one and when we got our current cats 14 years ago we were told they were Siamese but i doubt it, one is definitely a ragdoll.

According to the Siamese's mom, the pure breed are cross-eyed....

For the last 20 years, she had only Siameses. Then, one day, her hubby left her for another woman (not younger, just "different") and wanted the Siamese....

In the end, the "different" couldn't be bothered with the Siamese, but meantime my friend adopted the grey one, so now she has two....

I'm the honorary mom 😁

42 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Looks like your cats had a busy day ordering "stuff" on the internet - it can be exhausting - just wait for the bills!!!!!

No worries, see above 😉

52 minutes ago, George C said:

Just heard some sad news B J Thomas just passed away, he was on our rock and romance cruise two years ago and was scheduled to be on it again in February, very friendly guy talked to everyone, posed with pictures and told great stories about his career.

I heard that also. I liked his music.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Oh no, I can’t take all these deaths.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's pretty much how I cook. I use sight and feel when I add ingredients. My Italian tomato sauce is made from scratch and I cook it and simmer for at least 6 hours. I actually cook my meatballs in the sauce. Little bits of meat will come off and the make the sauce thicker. I also add sugar to make the sauce sweet. 

Learned the sugar trick years ago.  The longer that sauce cooks the better.  Do you call it gravy, that’s what we always called it?  Got grief from non-Italian friends but who cares!

3 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks for posting. Way to young. "Hooked On A Feeling"...

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's amazing.

It was amazing .We tried many experiments in the lab.Another one was to put an object from our pocket like a pen or a key into a large bag.The Professor would shake the bag and ask each person to reach in and take something out ,concentrate on the object and attempt to guess who it belonged to.

7 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I can get my wife to move out of the bed in the middle of the night while I am still sleeping. She calls it snoring. Strange because I never hear a thing!!!!!

I have that same power and I also do not know that I snore.I think it is a guy thing.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Learned the sugar trick years ago.  The longer that sauce cooks the better.  Do you call it gravy, that’s what we always called it?  Got grief from non-Italian friends but who cares!

I add sugar when sautéing the garlic and onions. Laura didn’t like ot, but she came around. Also add a little sugar when boiling corn on the cob.

We decided to make the most of the bank holiday weekend and went back to the Lake District.

We had a coffee and lime & Soda overlooking lake Ullswater then for Lunch we sat outside in a hotel garden near Keswick.

IMG_20210530_103741.jpg

IMG_20210530_103900.jpg

IMG_20210530_104944.jpg

IMG_20210530_112825.jpg

IMG_20210530_142140.jpg

IMG_20210530_142207.jpg

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My first cruise was to Bermuda in 1987 on the old Home Lines, the Atlantic, out of Manhattan. Docked right on Front St in Hamilton for 3 days. Loved it. 

My first cruise to Bermuda was on a Cunard ship in 1973 .We docked on Front St and also spent 3 days there.I loved and still love Bermuda.

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have been to that restaurant a few times and liked it ( I am not fussy about food so never ask my food opinion! Something has to be REALLY bad if I say it is bad 😁LOL!). I always like to sit canal side. Then we walk along the bridge to PA and back. We have also been to a couple others on the PA and NJ side. We enjoy food, even Royal Caribbean's rubber pizza and Olive Garden!!!!!😁honest!
Enjoy yourselves!

The best thing about NJ other than the cruise port is the Einstein store in Princeton.They sell tee shirts with great sayings by a guy named Einstein that I love wearing on cruises.

New Hope is great. My SIL’s family used to own the cheese shop in Peddlers Village.  

New Hope used to have some really great singers on the streets circa 1980.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Do you call it gravy,

Yep, "Sunday Gravy" My wife side of the family is mostly Italian. That's where I got most of my recipes. Let it simmer all day makes for a great sauce. It also freezes really well too.

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

overlooking lake Ullswater then for Lunch we sat outside in a hotel garden near Keswick.

Just beautiful and the lunch too. Looks yummy.

New Hope is great. My SIL’s family used to own the cheese shop in Peddlers Village.  

We used to drive from Brooklyn to Flemington to shop then go to New Hope for lunch and Peddlers Village to shop.We did that at least once every summer for many years.

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yep, "Sunday Gravy" My wife side of the family is mostly Italian. That's where I got most of my recipes. Let it simmer all day makes for a great sauce. It also freezes really well too.

I never heard anyone in my family refer to it as gravy always sauce , we do let it simmer all day, it’s only the two of us and we make gallons of sauce and about 20 meatballs and add Italian sausage and freeze everything but one portion . 

1 minute ago, George C said:

I never heard anyone in my family refer to it as gravy always sauce

It may be a regional thing. I just know several Italian families that we are related to and know refer it as gravy. It's still sauce regardless.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They usually have a good menu of raw oysters.    I hope they still do.     

New Hope is about 10 or 15 minutes from our house so we too have enjoyed many different restaurants in this area.    We stayed at the Inn several times and the company I work for has had their Christmas/Holiday party there several times.      They do an amazing job with their catering for weddings and other parties.   

We used to live in the Clinton area, just north of Flemington, made many trips to New Hope and Lambertville, lots of great places to go.