Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Slow day around here today. Owen did get to skip out of “pandemic home school” for an hour today. We took him out to get cap and gown photos done for grade 8 grad. Only 10 days left for him. Hard to believe he’s almost done. Drive by grad when it happens. Pics to come. 
 

4F798AAD-7697-4F13-838B-C7F090602D90.thumb.jpeg.af944d922a4d9564e4eb1e9d36dc482b.jpeg
 

Crispy chicken dinner tonight. Poor presentation but delicious flavours. 
 

2E14BAD4-9D26-44B4-AE07-F7C0AC2ABD7B.thumb.jpeg.9c90dc75a9eb18006cb74ed864b07bb6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have had no rain for about 10 days which is unusual for us so tonight after cutting the grass we got the hosepipe out again.

This is our front garden.

 

Wow what a beautiful garden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Grapefruit juice is definitely not to be taken with my heart medications.

When Eric was in the hospital earlier this year with Covid.    he called me the one morning to tell me he couldn't believe they gave him a fresh grapefruit for his breakfast (he's a transplant recipient) someone there should know he's not allowed grapefruit!!!    

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We did a little work on the deck this morning, then a nice long bike ride then spent 3 hours on the beach reading and walking along the water.     Our house is on 23rd Street and we learned our new neighbor on 21st street was the CFO of J & J.     He had bought 2 homes right on the beach for 2.3 million had them torn down and built huge house with a roof top pool / hot tub, 9 bedrooms, 16 or 17 bathrooms,  etc.    Realtor buddy told me he spent all in about 6 million for this place.       We all laughed and said he will probably do what most people do with these mansions at the shore, rarely use it.

We had a beautiful sunny day but just had a quick thunderstorm blow through, otherwise every day since Saturday has been very nice.     

Link to post
Share on other sites

93 here today. Just helped Nate measure 3 neighbors yards for fence install, listening to a live stream board meeting, and getting ready to head to the gym. 

 

Our trip to Anna Maria Island is growing ever closer 🙌🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric was in the hospital earlier this year with Covid.    he called me the one morning to tell me he couldn't believe they gave him a fresh grapefruit for his breakfast (he's a transplant recipient) someone there should know he's not allowed grapefruit!!!    

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him. 

 

This needs a "slapping my forehead" emoji.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have had no rain for about 10 days which is unusual for us so tonight after cutting the grass we got the hosepipe out again.

This is our front garden.

IMG_20210608_185013.jpg

Beautiful garden!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Here are two pictures. One shows my DD with her fiancé. The other shows the table centerpieces. We were able to celebrate with a combined total of 52 family/friends. Great time. 

7BC35F81-6334-4F92-9744-9FCA2F2695B7.jpeg

48C55250-C83D-4382-8AE2-C0C404FC794F.jpeg

They make a beautiful couple. Look forward to seeing some wedding pics. Do I remember correctly, is this the young man in a trip report you did - the “curse of “ someone?  Or was that another poster?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

then a nice long bike ride

A long bike ride?   Was it this one that is on your end of the state?
 

D6C5D07F-302D-4DE7-BCBC-02337902A5C4.thumb.jpeg.81f1ca7d76afc5d7299e1b0fe42e1077.jpeg
 

I had to laugh when I saw this article this morning.  When we were in Toronto a few years ago, they were hosting the World Naked Bike Ride.  There were some things we wished we could unsee, when they all came riding by and into the park where we were.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

A long bike ride?   Was it this one that is on your end of the state?
 

D6C5D07F-302D-4DE7-BCBC-02337902A5C4.thumb.jpeg.81f1ca7d76afc5d7299e1b0fe42e1077.jpeg
 

I had to laugh when I saw this article this morning.  When we were in Toronto a few years ago, they were hosting the World Naked Bike Ride.  There were some things we wished we could unsee, when they all came riding by and into the park where we were.

Bike seats are not all that comfortable as it is. A little padding between the seat and myself is appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They make a beautiful couple. Look forward to seeing some wedding pics. Do I remember correctly, is this the young man in a trip report you did - the “curse of “ someone?  Or was that another poster?

 

The one and only Brandon!

 

 

And if we sail in October, me and the spouse, I want to try to really do a live thread.

 

Have theme picked out.

 

Stay healthy

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

A long bike ride?   Was it this one that is on your end of the state?
 

D6C5D07F-302D-4DE7-BCBC-02337902A5C4.thumb.jpeg.81f1ca7d76afc5d7299e1b0fe42e1077.jpeg
 

I had to laugh when I saw this article this morning.  When we were in Toronto a few years ago, they were hosting the World Naked Bike Ride.  There were some things we wished we could unsee, when they all came riding by and into the park where we were.

They have that every year in San Francisco, but in addition to the exotic helmets, there is a lot more body paint and multicolored hair. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric was in the hospital earlier this year with Covid.    he called me the one morning to tell me he couldn't believe they gave him a fresh grapefruit for his breakfast (he's a transplant recipient) someone there should know he's not allowed grapefruit!!!    

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him. 

The nurse should have checked if she didn't know.

The juice can nullify the effects or exaggerate the effects of certain medications etc which can have a detrimental affect on a person's health.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This is our front garden.

 

12 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

You have a beautiful home and landscaping................enjoy!!!!!

 

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Your garden is amazing.

 

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

grapau...your garden is awesome!!!

 

11 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Gorgeous!

 

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I second that

 

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Graham, your yard looks amazing. 

 

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

Wow what a beautiful garden.

 

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful garden!

 

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I third that.  Totally exquisite. 

 

All of the above + 4th that 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him

 

 👎

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bike seats are not all that comfortable as it is. A little padding between the seat and myself is appreciated.


A littler padding, celery could do the job. Cut to fit, and a snack prior to use.😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:


A littler padding, celery could do the job. Cut to fit, and a snack prior to use.😂

I guess better than a snack after use.😯

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...