"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

Love this photo for a multitude of reasons. Side note, English fish and chips looks nothing like what is served here. Bring on the malt vinegar. 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, is "couscous style", not the real thing 😉

Re: what you posted [Israeli style...] -- I've just noticed that's exactly what we call here "Petitim", very popular with kids, and we're also using them, mainly in the winter months. DH is adding finely chopped onion, and cooks them until they're brownish.

I love my real couscous with steamed vegetables from a chicken soup.

As a matter of fact, at the resort we were this week, they served a very copious included breakfast, and on the first day -- they had couscous as the "special of the breakfast"....  Of course I took a nice portion, when everyone around me was dutifully eating omelettes.... 

Omelettes at breakfast are so over rated 😁😁

Fake couscous.jpg

I'm a big fan of poached eggs with farro in Coastal Kitchen.

Oasis does it best

Edited by John&LaLa
3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

island lady....what time is dinner?  I'm only about a half hour away.  Enjoy your lobstah dinner!

Probably a bit more than than an hour.  😉  We are north of Bar Harbor.  And burrrp...too late.  😉 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

I just uploaded the second video from Saturday’s trip for those that are interested:

The story about the sheriff that shot his wife was pretty crazy. Makes me wonder if he had to shoot her a second time before he buried her or if he just hurried her alive. 🤷‍♂️😳

Final result...and of course since we did it on a grill burner...I lost out on the cooking.   But it all worked out.  I was in charge of the corn and pots...and table setting.  Best Lobster dinner ever!!  

20210617_180507.jpg

20210617_182826.jpg

One of our cats Gracie loves mod people food has just finished eating some Cheetos popcorn, she will attempt to attack my wife tilapia in about a hour she also likes hamburgers and meatballs.

8 hours ago, akcruz said:

Beautiful.  We rented for 2 weeks in LBI each summer for close to 20 years with family.  Started when my daughter was 5 and  my son and nephew were just a year old, with 4 more cousins came along over the years so we had a full house.  Most years we were on 17th street in Beach Haven 2 houses from the beach. 

Spent many a nights at Hudson House once the kids went to sleep leaving them with grandparents, my daughter was excited to go on her 21st birthday with the "grown ups". 

Miss it all, great memories.

We own a home on 23rd St in Spray Beach.   We are 8 houses from the beach but still able to hear the ocean from our front deck.     My parents used to have a house on 20th street and we lived down here all summer.    I love it here!     

We rent the home out year round.   Our winter tenants left memorial day weekend and we will stay here till end of June then have it rented out the rest of the summer.   

We will do lots of weekend trips and either stay with friends at their homes or stay at the Spray Beach Hotel right down the road from our house.   

Yes, Hudson House is our absolute favorite bar.    Love playing shuffle board, pin ball, pool, etc etc.    always have fun 

21 minutes ago, George C said:

One of our cats Gracie loves mod people food has just finished eating some Cheetos popcorn, she will attempt to attack my wife tilapia in about a hour she also likes hamburgers and meatballs.

Eva loves scallops and salmon.    Sparky doesn't have any interest whatsoever in people food. 

One of our previous cats loved olives and fresh greens beans.     When she would hear me snapping the ends off the beans she would come running and snack away.    

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Probably a bit more than than an hour.  😉  We are north of Bar Harbor.  And burrrp...too late.  😉 

Well dang...here I was thinking you were in LBI...so much for my butting in late.  Glad you enjoyed your dinner!

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eva loves scallops and salmon.    Sparky doesn't have any interest whatsoever in people food. 

One of our previous cats loved olives and fresh greens beans.     When she would hear me snapping the ends off the beans she would come running and snack away.    

The weirdest thing I’ve seen was Gracie eating fried pasta while it was cooking in a hot frying pan. We definitely have to watch her while cooking or eating,

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@singinalot

Crystal, those views are stunning, thanks for posting.

Pass Gas???? 😁

Thank you ☺️

We couldn’t help but laugh at that, too!

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for posting such beautiful and informative photos and video  Snow capped mountains are so majestic.  Nice to learn about a part of the country I have never visited.

Thank you! ☺️ it’s been nice to share just a little bit of “travel”

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The story about the sheriff that shot his wife was pretty crazy. Makes me wonder if he had to shoot her a second time before he buried her or if he just hurried her alive. 🤷‍♂️😳

I didn’t even think of that!

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Very similar. It comes dry, like pasta and cooks like pasta as well, about 8-10 minutes in low boiling water or broth. 

CFE850DF-20DD-46E2-A230-B4DCCF5C1F6A.jpeg

This is the only one I buy.

I usually only add it to 2 recipes.

1.  Wedding soup, dunno, makes it look better.

2.  Stuff cabbage  aka pigs in the blanket.  Absorbs some of the fat from the ground sirloin before your stomach does.

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

8D93E72F-20F6-4B01-8877-90796D25B10C.jpeg

Whoever named that gas station has the same sense of humor as my DH.  This is what he named the model sailboat he built...

20210617_190559.thumb.jpg.56b268f3a5ff66f539e17d1726e4b9b1.jpg

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Gary...this Blueberry pie we picked up at a farm market on the way in...is for you!    Well...if there is anything left after Bucky got to it. 😄 

20210617_192758.jpg

That look says "don't mess with my blueberry pie!!!"

Edited by BonTexasNY
2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We will do lots of weekend trips and either stay with friends at their homes or stay at the Spray Beach Hotel right down the road from our house.

From the in-laws house, turn left and walk 10 minutes up the beach and I'm at the Beach Bar @ Spray Beach Hotel for lunch & day drinking. Turn right from the house and 10 down the beach is the Sea Shell Resort for Dinner & night drinking.

They sure know how to pick a great location.

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Arzeena.

We are in Harrogate North Yorkshire today.

This was our lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

Did you choose baked beans? Whatever happened to mushy peas?

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky collecting fresh sea water from in front of the house to steam them in, which was recommended by the lobster people as much better than with sea salt added to steam them in.  

20210617_155613.jpg

OMG.... If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it..... Bucky actually wears something other than sandles/flip-flops ? ? ? ? ? 🤣😂😀 LOL

Apologies for being absent from this great thread.  Most of the last couple of weeks have been consumed with work.  Finally taking a few days off and took a couple grandkids and DW up into the mountains for couple of days in a cabin at the lake.  Temp down below at home was supposed to be up above 110° so I definitely needed to get out of Dodge.

IMG_3795.thumb.jpeg.9f52f6dc5ecb10e09bc4ff97fce2e896.jpeg

IMG_0276.thumb.jpeg.a474b91eee6d928b7476853ec02b87ce.jpeg

IMG_0275.thumb.jpeg.f614261709aad74f110adc92d7afed0b.jpeg

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@Tree_skierlooks like a great trip

So far so good.  Besides going to a neat little place for dinner call the The Trading Post.  All I have done so far is sit in my chair outside and watched the fun.  I've messed my knee up  again kind of badly and have been limping around for two weeks.  Tomorrow I'm going to try and ride my bike a bit while the rest Kayak.  We'll see how it goes.  

13 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I’m procrastinating. I need to do housework, but I don’t want to.

Here are Stanley and Gus. I will probably not vacuum this room because they look so peaceful!

2FB262C0-C2B1-49D0-BED9-20960B7DE060.jpeg

What a precious picture!  I love how the one is hugging the other. ❤️