"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

Well we just booked a September Oasis cruise.  We had FCC from a problem we had on our December cruise, so needed to use it.  Probably not going to happen but my husband was worried we would lose it.😳

Domino, I just move to Georgia as I am a Marietta!!!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I tripped over some sea grass when I dragged Miss Scarlet up the ramp on the way back, luckily plenty of "padding" on the backend fall, but still hit hard on the concrete ramp.  😉 

Was happy to get a glass of wine with lunch when we returned.  😄  🍷  A bit sore right now...Beer wouldn't cut it.  😉 

Something I regularly say, "and for my next act..." 🍷😉

Just announced that from Thursday November 5th England are put in a 4 week lockdown.

Pubs, restaurants,non essential shops are closed and overnight stays, foreign travel forbidden.☹️☹️😷😷

Edited by grapau27
12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just announced that from Thursday November 5th England are put in a 4 week lockdown.

I know it sucks, since we're now "exiting" gradually from the 2nd 6 weeks long lockdown.

Sadly, it's not a solution, but it works.... we're more than 9000 cases daily, we're now at around 700-900.

It's like not traveling by car -- no cars, no road accidents.

I'm sure in no time at all we'll be back in another lock down. The moment the numbers drop, people start doing big weddings, not following the rules, etc. Part of the schools will open tomorrow..... 

Perpetuum mobile 😢

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I know it sucks, since we're now "exiting" gradually from the 2nd 6 weeks long lockdown.

Sadly, it's not a solution, but it works.... we're more than 9000 cases daily, we're now at around 700-900.

It's like not traveling by car -- no cars, no road accidents.

I'm sure in no time at all we'll be back in another lock down. The moment the numbers drop, people start doing big weddings, not following the rules, etc. Part of the schools will open tomorrow..... 

Perpetuum mobile 😢

21,915 covid19 cases 326 deaths yesterday in England.

Sorry to hear you are in your second lockdown too.

Graham.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Perpetuum mobile 😢

Sadly, this is "human nature."  Doctors will often remind patients to take all their medicine and not stop when they begin to feel better.  Of course, there are also those who will refuse to take any medicine.  The difference here is that their indifference affects those around them, sometimes in deadly fashion. 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

21,915 covid19 cases 326 deaths yesterday in England.

Sorry to hear you are in your second lockdown too.

Graham.

Hey Graham, do you play Fantasy Premier League Football?  It relieves some of the stress.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well we just booked a September Oasis cruise.  We had FCC from a problem we had on our December cruise, so needed to use it.  Probably not going to happen but my husband was worried we would lose it.😳

Domino, I just move to Georgia as I am a Marietta!!!

Welcome to Marietta Dani.  I am originally from Syracuse, but have been here longer than I lived there.

spent the day in Buena Vista, CO. It was an absolutely beautiful day. While Nate was getting a tattoo, I took our dog on a walk and took the drone out a bit. Between the youtube link below and my IG stories you’ll get the gist 😍

A11B8CF7-D24A-4660-B7D6-5C7886123002.jpeg

6CA81E5D-E62C-4548-B1E1-FA9F48C31EE8.jpeg

F16423FA-E2D2-47A1-A23E-74DE5863EBB4.jpeg

727FFBA8-9F17-40DE-AEC4-93559F0C39CE.jpeg

537871F8-AC27-467A-BA64-9EE7271AE27A.jpeg

FEA60C84-C4FA-478F-A1EB-644CEEB43FE4.jpeg

1A35865D-6906-486B-80FD-5E8B4517EC6F.jpeg

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pubs, restaurants,non essential shops are closed and overnight stays, foreign travel forbidden.☹️☹️😷😷

So frustrating.  On a personal basis we will miss out on a trip from a family member.  So many people will be in the same position - but if it keeps people alive we just have to take it on the chin.  

48 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

So frustrating.  On a personal basis we will miss out on a trip from a family member.  So many people will be in the same position - but if it keeps people alive we just have to take it on the chin.  

It's funny, not HA HA that we thought that we would be done with this pandemic so much sooner. The so called Spanish Flu pandemic lasted for two years with the same peaks and declines. But with so much better communication and the lockdowns and medical treatments it seemed that we would have much better control of a worldwide virus. But unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. And I am sad about that. 

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

Tappan Zee Bridge, New York.  Orange for Halloween. Taken from Piermont, New York. 

Wishing you all the best. 

20201031_205249.jpg

Love that you still call it the Tappan Zee Bridge.  It'll always be that to me and there is still a local radio station or two that refer to that name during traffic reports. 

I walked most of the way across it last week, from the Westchester side. 

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

It's funny, not HA HA that we thought that we would be done with this pandemic so much sooner. The so called Spanish Flu pandemic lasted for two years with the same peaks and declines. But with so much better communication and the lockdowns and medical treatments it seemed that we would have much better control of a worldwide virus. But unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. And I am sad about that. 

Yeah, I thought the same thing to. We even have a trio to Aruba next Saturday, the 7th that we booked last spring, thinking this would all be over. 

Right now, we are still going but we can cancel on 24 hours notice and get a full refund. So we will make the official decision Thursday.  We have to be tested first. And quanatine when we get back but those rules are changing now as well. Not sure if it is for the better.

Good news is that cases on the island have dropped dramatically the last month.  About 1/10th of what they used to be. 👍

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

Between the youtube link below and my IG stories you’ll get the gist 😍

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Great photos/videos. 

As a proud American, I always love hearing that song. 

Agree, pics are fantastic!

Who sings that song? It's not the Lee ***** version that I know.