Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Some of the black raspberries are ripe.  Had to try a few this morning.  

8647AC40-6F28-4F56-9D6B-5241A1996AFE.thumb.jpeg.11d5fd9881b75bd5fbd3e8258e25243f.jpeg

It is already 75° and going to the 90’s today. Might be a good afternoon to spend on the boat.  

Awaiting our check in time for tomorrow’s (hopefully) flight to California.  I will be annoyed if they cancel that one.  

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I miss Burdines.  😥   Was always advertised as the "Florida store" and indeed had many great tropical items. 

I love to shop Dillards when we visit FL, we don’t have them here in the Northeast.  Sadly another favorite, Lord & Taylor is gone.  For upscale department stores we’re left with only Macy’s (and they’re borderline upscale IMO) and Nordstrom which I have to drive to Massachusetts to find an actual store. 
I prefer shopping in person, although I did get more accustomed to online when everything was shut down. I just like to touch & feel what I’m buying. 
When we visit oldest DD in PA, King of Prussia mall is always on the agenda.  They live 10 minutes from it.  That place is shopping nirvana. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was there a difference?  Nice hair in both photos...I couldn't tell them apart.  😮 

I don't know, maybe the lighting makes the two pictures look different to ne? I like the first one better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Don’t give up.  We have hazy sunshine here, about mid-state. 

Last evening it cleared here around 6PM and I decided to take a ride to Pt. Judith to get some clam cakes at Iggy's. Galilee was totally socked in with fog. Could barely see the Block Island ferry enter the harbor through the breakwater.

I'm going for a bike ride in a few minutes. The weather map better be right about no rain.🤨

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I prefer shopping in person,

I just like to touch & feel what I’m buying. 

Only in person. Touch, feel and try it on.

Just to give you an example -- for years, I liked shopping at Zara.

I have Zara shirts ranging from size S to XL.... Go figure. The XL is a very nice silk shirt, which I've found in London on sale, but the only sizes left were XL. I went from branch to branch, only XL.

Me and XL??? I'm usually M, very rarely L.

As a last "resort", I've looked at the XL, pondering if it can be tailored a bit. Actually, looked not so XL. Tried it. Fitted perfectly, no corrections needed.

I could have saved me a lot of traipsing....

• Like 6

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Below Deck season finale part 2… train 💥

Now watching Deadliest Catch.  It is the start of Opilio Season. 

I felt really uncomfortable watching all the inquiry about JL being the father. It's really none of our business. Excited for BD Med 6. I'll record and then watch on my Friday night cruisin' with cocktails.

Deadliest catch was pretty emotional with the death of a crew member. Still amazed how they work on those boats with all the high seas.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The fog bank is still here.😏

I posted before how once in NY it was so foggy I just followed tail lights of the car in front of me right onto his driveway.  He stopped, I stopped.  He came over to me and asked if he could help me and told me I drove up on his property.  It was so foggy, visibility was minimal.  He was kind enough to carefully back my car out of his driveway and onto the road.  I don't even recall how I made it home safely.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes I forgot about rice pudding as a desert or snack.  Several years ago I tried to make for my Dad who loved rice pudding but I goofed as it didnt look or taste like rice pudding.

I just never heard of rice with butter and brown sugar that @island lady said her Mom would make as a meal for dinner.  

My husband loves rice pudding.  It was his favorite dessert at our favorite NY and NJ diners.  I don't make it at home because watching him eat it makes me almost gag.  Love only goes so far. 🤫

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The fog bank is still here.😏

Still hot and humid here.  The AC just kicked in and usually it doesn’t until 3pm. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I miss Burdines.  😥   Was always advertised as the "Florida store" and indeed had many great tropical items. 

I remember the occasional trip there, when we were at the condo in Sarasota.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I believe Dress Barn is no more. But Ross is.

Orlando is my "second home" since that is where my family is. People leave their hearts in San Francisco, I leave mine in Orlando. Very hard to leave and come back to New Jersey where I live. Something called work keeps getting in the way!

We were last in Orlando in January 2019 and Roz and Ali had moved into the Dressbarn stores in the Premium outlet's and the dresses looked like Dressbarn dresses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OMG...too funny!   I tried squirrel once...not a fan. 😜   Now if he found a rabbit bouncing around out there...yeah...much better.  😉   

I could never, ever shoot one of those now, but Dad did take us rabbit hunting once when I was a kid. They were just too cute for me to go with him any longer. 😞

Favorite though was Pheasant hunting...but had to be careful of shotgun bbs in the meat.  😮 

It's funny how conditioned we are to turn our noses up at food we are unaccustomed to eat. Then I thought that we eat chicken at least 2-3 times a week,  Not a pleasant and appetizing looking animal when alive. 🐔  It's all subjective.  But....squirrel??? :classic_huh:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I felt really uncomfortable watching all the inquiry about JL being the father. It's really none of our business. Excited for BD Med 6. I'll record and then watch on my Friday night cruisin' with cocktails.

I agree fully. When the two of them went into the cabin on the last night she said something about if a baby happens “it’s god’s will”.  I think she should have knocked on wood.  Especially after he had the STD scare and didn’t consider using protection. A sad situation but hopefully a viewer somewhere will learn a lesson from this. 

Deadliest catch was pretty emotional with the death of a crew member. Still amazed how they work on those boats with all the high seas.

I agree as well. There might have ninjas cutting onion near me at the end of this episode in my house. The show has frequently said addiction is common within the industry.  It was a heck of a send off, just unfortunate that it had to happen. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG...too funny!   I tried squirrel once...not a fan. 😜   Now if he found a rabbit bouncing around out there...yeah...much better.  😉   

I could never, ever shoot one of those now, but Dad did take us rabbit hunting once when I was a kid. They were just too cute for me to go with him any longer. 😞

Favorite though was Pheasant hunting...but had to be careful of shotgun bbs in the meat.  😮 

Luckily I don't remember eating squirrel , only the stories. My dad was an avid hunter so we had rabbit, rattlesnake, frog legs, wild boar, venison, duck, doves and anything else that he wanted to try. I ate very little of it because I always saw the face when he brought it home. I ate a lot of PBJ.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

Moving day tomorrow? 😁

I'm back, and moving day is now behind us.  Crazy, very tiring last few days.  I think I previously mentioned that we moved DD26's stuff into a storage unit since she is moving into a new apartment on July 1.  They were able to get into her new apartment on the 23rd, so we moved her stuff from the storage unit into her new apartment the day before the movers came to our house.  To recap, that was 3 different U-Haul truck rentals on June 10th, 12th, 23rd moving hide-a-bed couches, headboards, armoires, and other heavy stuff.  I'm to old for this...

The last couple of days of packing our house were a mad scramble.  We thought we had plenty of time but kept finding more stuff hidden in various nooks and crannies in our house.  We saved our kitchen for last, packing it the morning of the 24th...the same day that the movers came.  We figured that we had already made their job easier but putting the rest of the house in boxes so with their help, we should be able to pack the kitchen quickly.  They said that packing was a separate service and they were only supposed to move things from the house to the truck.  While they started moving boxes, I made a quick trip to Lowes for more boxes and bubble wrap.  Got the whole kitchen packed in a couple of hours but have no idea what went into which box.  We had a Junk King truck show up after the movers left to take away anything that was still in the house (and wasn't being left there on purpose for the buyers).  It's a little bit expensive but highly recommended if you have things in your house that you just want to disappear with no effort on your part.

We cleaned most of the house after the Junk King truck left but ran out of energy and crashed at a nearby hotel.  Up early the next day (closing day) to finish the cleaning.  We closed at noon on Saturday and then drove to Clinton, SC for another night in a hotel.  Drove the rest of the way to Florida yesterday in some of the worst traffic I've seen in a while.  Everyone in the US must have been driving south yesterday.  Have I mentioned how much I hate the 2 lane highways in SC?  They just can't handle high volumes of cars.  Lots of literal stop and go on I-26 and I-95.  I was so happy to see the "Welcome to Georgia" sign and 3 lanes on I-95.  Traffic headed northbound on I-26 from Georgia into SC was backed up for miles. I felt for them.

When we finally made it to our (now only) house in Florida, we went for fresh seafood pizza and fish tacos, a local IPA and a Sauvignon Blanc, with a view of the ocean.  We then slept for 10 hours!

• Like 11

On 6/25/2021 at 10:19 PM, Lionesss said:

Let me tell you Simone Biles is a very talented young lady.

I was reading how she has changed the way that women's gymnastics is judged, since she can do things that no other woman can do.  The judging scale didn't fit what she does.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was reading how she has changed the way that women's gymnastics is judged, since she can do things that no other woman can do.  The judging scale didn't fit what she does.

I read that too.  It seems she leaves out those difficult moves because of the scoring.  Actually she really doesn't even need those moves to score high. Amazing skills.

And good luck on the move to your Florida home.  It's wonderful when moving day is behind you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1