"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If any of the books you picked up were by Dean Koontz, there is a pretty good chance they were mine at one point.

My DH puts his initials on the front page after he reads a book. Twice now he’s been interested in a book in the used book store near us, and found “DG”

on the front page. 

You see it?

2EAE755F-B49B-4F3F-9430-CBE48040A20B.thumb.jpeg.48fdc72cf7ae561f25fdb866283f44ab.jpeg

Some one is enjoying the new sun shade. 

CD7B2519-159C-4ECE-A58B-E9A30ED48FA5.thumb.jpeg.680c8eddc4d3112f7a5c1717b71a01dc.jpeg

She’s enjoying the view of the world. She likes watching the cover open/close but she did not get up today to watch it close today. She’s getting lazy. 

5DE70FD5-82CA-4BDA-81C1-7CBCA1D6A7B2.thumb.jpeg.2ffd44376d0600b944899ebc62665a8d.jpeg

That was strange.  I could log into the main CC website...but not on the boards.  Emailed CC help, and they were very quick to respond.  🙂   Either they did something that helped, or it was a ghost in the machine that just fixed itself.  

Back "on board" again.  😉  Thanks CC for the help!  

Edited by island lady

Add in....I also cleared my cookies, which I had not done lately.  Those darn cookies!!  And that kind is not tasty at all!!  😜

Sooo...time for happy hour now!  😉 

Edited by island lady
9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

She’s enjoying the view of the world.

I wish I had her life. Lounge...eat...cough up a hairball....sleep....

Speaking of relatives,

Three weeks before our wedding, Dave’s brother and SIL decided 3.5 hours was too far to go for a “punch and cake” wedding.  Of course, he was one of the groomsmen.  I had to scramble.  My sister’s husband stepped in and did it.  It was a great shame since this was the last time all 4 brothers would have been together, the oldest died the next year.  I felt sorry for Dave and his mom.  I had trouble being polite to them, but bit my tongue for years.  

Punch and cake wedding receptions were very common in our town.  I couldn’t justify my parents spending their money on anything else.  We never had much, but I sure learned to budget.  Maybe that’s why we enjoy cruising so much.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like it will be a Wonderful Day for Everyone!

Are our invitations coming via email or snail mail - LOL!

Snail mail, and one was totally trashed. so when someone comes to the wedding reception and does not see their name on the table assignment board we have a place of honor for them.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why private security?

The venue is attached to a Hilton.

They have facility security, but will not cover a wedding party.  Some legal mumbo jumbo.

So we pay a local cop on the side, for his services.

We actually did this 30 years ago for our wedding.

Guess we live in an untrusting state.

Safety first.

8 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Am I not the only one getting logged off randomly?

Sometimes I have to sign in two days in a row. Other times it’s weeks in between. 

@Lionesss

Speaking of beer --

1951, my mother was told to drink beer, since she didn't have enough milk.

I constantly refused to "drink" and was crying myself out....

My aunt, who was a single pediatrician and made me her pet project, decided to taste the milk.

It was bitter....

To this day, I don't drink milk.

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hung out in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst.I had many friends who lived in Bensonhurst.Did you ever go to Warm Beer Lousy Food ? I am older than you but not that much.

I remember going there once or twice.  I couldn't tell you where it was.

I can be added to the club of wicked stepmothers and fathers that decided to side with the evil. My dads second wife ruined so many family events and my dad never spoke up. I still talked to him every few months about the weather and other small talk but he never asked about my husband or his grandchildren. He was very selfish. I got a call 2 years ago when he was diagnosed with cancer and placed into Hospice. I went to see him and was able to tell him exactly how I felt about him as a father. I don't know if he heard me but I needed to say it for me. 

52 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Am I not the only one getting logged off randomly?

It happens to me constantly.....I also would have trouble logging in, until I began typing in my password first, and then my CC name.