Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG...what a terrible day indeed.  So sad for both your BIL and Splashes.  Never easy to lose one of our fur babies.  Wow, 22 years of love.  My last two were 14 and 16, but the one before got to 20 years.  

Thank you everyone for your kind words.  The picture i posted of Splashes was her enjoying a nap in the shade earlier this summer during the heatwaves.

Noone to purr me to sleep.  

Someday I'll get another but not for awhile.    

Need a cruise more than ever!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Had a horrible week.  My cat, Splashes, passed away 2 mos shy of her 22nd birthday.  She is dearly missed.  Had her cremated and run, beautiful wood carved box, onto of mantel for now.

My BIL went into hospital after collapsing at home.  He is single and lives alone so he has no idea how long he was passed out on bathroom floor, but he crawled to his phone to call 911.

He has very bad case of covid with pneumonia and is unable to talk on phone.   Very weak and in and out of it.    Dr said they are trying everything they can and will only intubate him if absolutely necessary.

Then my DH learned from his Son that his ex-wife, mother of 2 of his children, was found passed out in her bedroom and has the virus too.   Both live in Nj.

We are afraid to answer the phone.  All bad news, hope to hear some good news soon.

So sorry to hear about week.  I hope things will turn around for your family members soon.

22 years, wow.  I have lost 2 dogs in my adult life.  It's always just a pet, unless it's your pet, then it is totally different. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

So sorry to hear about week.  I hope things will turn around for your family members soon.

22 years, wow.  I have lost 2 dogs in my adult life.  It's always just a pet, unless it's your pet, then it is totally different. 

I was very lucky to have her love for as long as I did.  I also had her Mother and she lived to be 21.   Of course, they were both spoiled and very loved.

• Like 5

Fun day as I posted in my two other favorite threads. 
We traveled  to Richmond Kentucky to watch our FSIL coach the EKU football team. He is a strength and  conditioning coach. 
Well the weather was mid 70’s clear skies and well they got killed. 

11329424-7821-4FBE-83C0-1E2C0F1AE537.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, Luckynana said:

Four of our friends were also supposed to have been on the Allure today with you.  Two of them were going to be with us touring London before flying to Barcelona.

I know that there are people a lot worse off than us, but all these ‘should have been’ holidays make me feel so sad.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:25 AM, bobmacliberty said:

When I worked in NE Pennsylvania, there was a company called Sire Power (I think now part of Select Sires??) that specialized in AI and was an important part of the local farm community.  Every year, the local school would have a field trip to Sire Power and the kids would see what was done to both the cows and the bulls.  Growing up on a farm is much different than growing up in the suburbs!

I love that the kids got to do that.  I believe Select Sires is still at it.

We worked frequently here with a company called Semex. We were a cow calf operation with typically 2/3 walking bulls, 10 yearling bulls in our development program to sell to other breeders, 20 plus yearling bred heifers for auction sales and around 60 cows depending on the year. 

Here is one of the bulls we sold to Semex. WorldWide had over 200K doses sent to China alone. We had 2 vans of guests from China tour our farm prior to them signing the deal to purchase his semen. Over the years we also had tours from Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Scotland, US, Canada and even a delegation from Sudan. As it turns out we had their Agricultural Minister, his deputy minister along with a couple other individuals.  Our local school and 4H as well were frequent guests. 

We always opened our doors as it brought about the potential for more business.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2020 at 10:23 PM, Yorkvillain said:

Private Johnson, who just had a dishonorable discharge, may be interested in purchasing one of the tanks to help take a load off your hands. 

Did anyone else notice that Royal Caribbean had Doc Johnson as Global Head, Public Health and Chief Medical Officer?   Probably not THE Doc Johnson, but wonder what protocols THAT Doc Johnson would come up with.

This should probably be on the Humor thread, but since York brought it up.....
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was very lucky to have her love for as long as I did.  I also had her Mother and she lived to be 21.   Of course, they were both spoiled and very loved.

So sorry to hear about the kitty and other family members. Prayers for all.

Edited by Arzeena

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

So sorry to hear about the kitty and other family members. Prayers for all.

Thank you.  Bil needs all the prayers he can get.  Dr says he is not doing well with his covid pneumonia.  They may have to intubate.  He is 62 and has had asthma his whole life.  Otherwise he is very active very fit and healthly person.  Sad noone allowed to visit him.  ER nurse said when he came in they asked if he had any idea where he may have contracted and he said no idea he hasn't been anywhere other than food stores and Costco. He retired last year.

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bil needs all the prayers he can get.  Dr says he is not doing well with his covid pneumonia.  They may have to intubate.

There is hope -- medical teams now know much more about Covid than at the beginning.

Here we have many many cases who were intubated, even in ICU, it took time, but they got "out" of it. It seems that intubation is not the "end of the world" as was in the pandemic'' early stages.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

There is hope -- medical teams now know much more about Covid than at the beginning.

Here we have many many cases who were intubated, even in ICU, it took time, but they got "out" of it. It seems that intubation is not the "end of the world" as was in the pandemic'' early stages.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

Yes, we have learned alot since this all began.  My Sil, not related to this Bil, said the same thing as she has intubated several patients and just about everyone of them has survived.  

58 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

My mom is in memory care. I was just contacted by one of her nurses that she tested positive. She's not showing any symptoms. But she has to be moved to a Covid dedicated floor. She'll be there for about 21 days if she tests negative.

Prayers for your Mom.  

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

6136794831.jpg

So sorry to hear about Splashes and your relatives. It's heart wrenching to lose a beloved pet. Hoping your relatives recover quickly.

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

My mom is in memory care. I was just contacted by one of her nurses that she tested positive. She's not showing any symptoms. But she has to be moved to a Covid dedicated floor. She'll be there for about 21 days if she tests negative.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she will recover soon.

I came on here to complain that I was annoyed that the 3 garages were flooded tonight, but now it sounds petty compared to what others are going thru. With all the rain we have been having, Kings Tide and now TS ETA the grounds are completely saturated. Water came into the garages and about another 1/2" it would have been in the house. 😮🤬😱  The only other time that water ever came into one of the garages was about 20 years ago. I think when they added the last garage later on it must be lower because only it flooded back then. Ugh, lots of work for today.

The water is also over the seawall so I don't know if it's going to kill the grass. It's been on the grass for about a day now. 🤬

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I came on here to complain that I was annoyed that the 3 garages were flooded tonight, but now it sounds petty compared to what others are going thru. With all the rain we have been having, Kings Tide and now TS ETA the grounds are completely saturated. Water came into the garages and about another 1/2" it would have been in the house. 😮🤬😱  The only other time that water ever came into one of the garages was about 20 years ago. I think when they added the last garage later on it must be lower because only it flooded back then. Ugh, lots of work for today.

The water is also over the seawall so I don't know if it's going to kill the grass. It's been on the grass for about a day now. 🤬

Sounds like quite a mess.   Thank god it didnt enter your main home.  Hurricane Sandy in 2012 had left me with 8 to 10" inches of water in my basement after loss of power for sump pump.  I know what a mess it can be to clean up.  Hopefully not too much damaged on garage floors.  Good luck!