Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

Made up my Greek yogurt lemon garlic fresh dressing earlier this morning to chill in advance.  If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.  It is healthy, light, super easy to make....and refreshing for a summer salad.  Lick the bowl kind of stuff.  😉

I would love the recipe that sounds great

• Like 4

If a YouTube video of a person going nuts at the DMV in Central CA goes viral I apologize in advance. Yesterday I spent half the day there only to be turned away on a minor thing. Today I’ve been waiting for over two hours and aren’t even in the building yet. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Doesn't hurt to let the owner know your thoughts on the pine trees.     As a landlord for our shore house I like to get feedback from our tenants.

Which I am very sad to say that I have begun packing up our personal belongings as our stay here a shore house in LBI will come to an end.    We will leave Friday morning as we have tenants arriving Friday around 1 pm.      Their lease was for them to arrive Saturday but they called asking if there was anyway they could come a day early as traffic will be horrible for the 4th of July weekend.     We agreed as we have been here since June 3rd or 4th and our ready to go home and see my babies and see what our house/ yard /garden, etc. looks like.    And the island has been getting busier day by day - too many people for my liking.  

Funny thing is, the owner (brand new house, and very new to renting out property) messaged me to ask how things were going and did I have any suggestions.  I did not mention the trees, but did mention the lack of any storage at all in the bedroom (no dressers/chest of drawers and night stand cabinets locked) plus no towel bars at all in the master bathroom.  It fell on deaf ears.  She seems to think it makes it look "uncluttered".  But at the same time she has her weird decorations everywhere.  I think she will learn later when they actually move in, which I think they will do soon on retirement.  Or will also hear it from other renters in the future.  😉 

Fourth of July, especially now with "Staycations" being so popular, it is probably going to be very, very busy this year.  With the 4th on Sunday and observed on Monday, that is an easy long weekend for many.  

This was the biggest reason we picked this remote location, to get away from the crazy tourist areas.  Bar Harbor, and Acadia National park up here will be totally nuts.  Happy we are already settled in, and comfortable through the holiday time.  🙂  

Definitely can't blame you for wanting to get home before it hits!  

Safe travels home! 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes you did have some rotation. Thankfully nothing more severe. Great lightning shot. Those are always hard to get. Framing ended up perfect.

It was Lisa’s photo, and she only took two in total. Luck of the draw. 

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That ended up being some strong wind that went through.

Strong enough for sure. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, clochette said:

I would love the recipe that sounds great

OK...very easy and oh so refreshing.  This is recipe for more than enough dressing for two people

Small mixing bowl, place 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, top with 1/4 EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), juice of one whole lemon, 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon sugar (I use Truvia), pinch of salt.   With small whip, beat up until smooth (about 10 seconds).   Place in container in fridge for a couple hours to let flavors marinade together and thicken a bit.  Hope you like it!  🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just waiting in the parking lot waiting for Owen to get his second vaccine dose. Lisa just texted and said he has had it. 

It took 3 of us, three hours to clean up the worst of the damage. The township called and they are going to remove the large tree at my moms and grind the stump. Hopefully on Friday for the removal and grind the stump later on in the summer. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If a YouTube video of a person going nuts at the DMV in Central CA goes viral I apologize in advance. Yesterday I spent half the day there only to be turned away on a minor thing. Today I’ve been waiting for over two hours and aren’t even in the building yet. 

Oh they are awful in Florida as well!!  😮  

Is what you were trying to accomplish available to do online?  I have been doing all my DMV stuff online lately and seems to work for me.  

Though it took them 4 weeks to send my new drivers license to me, which did not come before we left.   So I was an "unlicensed driver" just days after we picked up our rental car.  (Nice excuse to make Bucky do all the driving!!  Hah!! 😄 ).   Picked up our forwarded mail today...got it..no excuses now.  Too bad Bucky saw me open the letter with my new license in it.  🤭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, island lady said:

Oh they are awful in Florida as well!!  😮  

Is what you were trying to accomplish available to do online?  I have been doing all my DMV stuff online lately and seems to work for me.  

Though it took them 4 weeks to send my new drivers license to me, which did not come before we left.   So I was an "unlicensed driver" just days after we picked up our rental car.  (Nice excuse to make Bucky do all the driving!!  Hah!! 😄 ).   Picked up our forwarded mail today...got it..no excuses now.  Too bad Bucky saw me open the letter with my new license in it.  🤭 

Unfortunately, I can’t do it online. I purchased a car in Canada when we’re there and I’ve been trying to get it registered for months. I finally have all the paperwork sorted. Yesterday the person at the window, when I finally got there, didn’t understand one document and sent me away. I’ve been assured it is correct and the person at DMV was wrong. It has to do with SMOG.   My number is B023. They are currently serving B022. There is hope. 

image.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It's a lot cooler 57°F today.

We have gone to Harrogate and Pauline is doing some shopping.

We had a lovely lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20210630_112243.jpg

IMG-20210630-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20210630_120241.jpg

IMG_20210630_120922.jpg

That looks like a great place.  I would love to be be eating the fish and chips.  Makes me hungry looking at it and I just ate homemade pizza 🍕 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Dreaming of a future cruise -- after 3 Covid-cancelled cruises which included Valletta (Malta), I settled for the red one on Celebrity Edge (the 1st ship out of Miami right now).

Rhodes and Mykonos are new ports to us, and we've been on a land vacay in Crete, but never got to Chania...

Rome/Civitavecchia, Naples, Rhodes, Mykonos, Chania/Crete, Rome/Civitavecchia

2 days ago someone mentioned on Celebrity's board that a new Edge class ship (Beyond) will start sailing next spring.

Lo and behold -- I'm checking and there is an itinerary which includes Malta. BUT, we'll repeat Katakolon (which we didn't care for), and Santorini (which was amazing, but one day was enough).

We'll have Mykonos and Rhodes as brand new ports, and, of course, the highlight --Malta!!!

So what do we do ??? Red or Blue ???

Rome/Civitavecchia, Katakolon, Mykonos, Thira/Santorini, Rhodes, Athens/Piraeus, Valletta, Barcelona

Tough choice , best pizza in the world is in Naples, we really enjoyed walking around there. We also spent a couple of days in Barcelona which was fantastic. I am so looking forward to sailing the Edge this week, we had a previous one canceled along with a couple of others. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Funny thing is, the owner (brand new house, and very new to renting out property) messaged me to ask how things were going and did I have any suggestions.  I did not mention the trees, but did mention the lack of any storage at all in the bedroom (no dressers/chest of drawers and night stand cabinets locked) plus no towel bars at all in the master bathroom.  It fell on deaf ears.  She seems to think it makes it look "uncluttered".  But at the same time she has her weird decorations everywhere.  I think she will learn later when they actually move in, which I think they will do soon on retirement.  Or will also hear it from other renters in the future.  😉 

Fourth of July, especially now with "Staycations" being so popular, it is probably going to be very, very busy this year.  With the 4th on Sunday and observed on Monday, that is an easy long weekend for many.  

This was the biggest reason we picked this remote location, to get away from the crazy tourist areas.  Bar Harbor, and Acadia National park up here will be totally nuts.  Happy we are already settled in, and comfortable through the holiday time.  🙂  

Definitely can't blame you for wanting to get home before it hits!  

Safe travels home! 

no dressers and no towel bars - that is strange.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I posted previously that one of my best longtime friends was born in Buffalo .She and her family moved to Brooklyn in the 1970’s and she recently moved to the cold weather climate of Florida.

Buffalo has been the only city with a pro football team for many years.

My former neighbor won the Super Bowl with the Bills. He let all of try on his ring!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@A&L_Ont We have severe weather here in the Dallas area but that was one scary storm you just went through.  Glad damage seemed minimal.

@grapau27  Graham, you always post the most delightful pictures of your daily routine.  

Thank you Bonnie I appreciate your nice words.

51 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My former neighbor won the Super Bowl with the Bills. He let all of try on his ring!

Unfortunately the Bills never won a super bowl, they were in it four straight years but lost all four😢😢😢

Edited by George C

@Sea Dog Greg, thanks for posting that link.  I always enjoyed seeing my photos scroll on the my desktop but due to a Microsoft update, my photos started crashing the system.  It made no sense why it became a problem but I would rather the computer not freeze so no pictures for me.

@island ladyThanks for the recipe.  I have a couple of containers of yogurt to use, this recipe sounds yummy too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Hot hot here...time for a summer salad.  🙂   

Mixed greens, cut up some mushrooms and nice local ripe strawberries, added raisins, cherry tomatoes, and deli turkey.  

Made up my Greek yogurt lemon garlic fresh dressing earlier this morning to chill in advance.  If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.  It is healthy, light, super easy to make....and refreshing for a summer salad.  Lick the bowl kind of stuff.  😉

This was the temperature reading in DH’s truck this afternoon when we got in 😳.  Of course it was sitting, baking in the sun. Actual temp was 93 today. Finally breaking tomorrow. 
Also, I took a screen shot of the dressing recipe you posted - can’t wait to try it. 

F0ACFD81-ADF8-4A11-80BA-2F430D08B2CE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Unfortunately the Bills never won a super bowl, they were in it four straight years but lost all four😢😢😢

I know this only too well.  I still get an uncontrollable shiver when someone says, "wide right". 

@ownedbypets - How old was your former neighbor?  If he played in the early 90s, he would have been on one of the 4 AFC championship teams that lost in the Super Bowl.  He still would have had a nice ring.  If he played in the 60s, he could have been on the AFL championship teams in 1965 and 1966.  This was before the Super Bowl existed when there were 2 separate leagues...the NFL and the AFL.  The Bills lost to the Chiefs in the 1967 AFL championship game, and the Chiefs represented the AFL in the first Super Bowl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I was wrong. We have had a few football players in our neighborhood and I'm not a big fan. My favorite was traded to the Bills but another one won the Super Bowl with the Patriots.

Now that's just rubbing it in!  😁  I looked up at the Patriots much of my adult life. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I know this only too well.  I still get an uncontrollable shiver when someone says, "wide right". 

@ownedbypets - How old was your former neighbor?  If he played in the early 90s, he would have been on one of the 4 AFC championship teams that lost in the Super Bowl.  He still would have had a nice ring.  If he played in the 60s, he could have been on the AFL championship teams in 1965 and 1966.  This was before the Super Bowl existed when there were 2 separate leagues...the NFL and the AFL.  The Bills lost to the Chiefs in the 1967 AFL championship game, and the Chiefs represented the AFL in the first Super Bowl.

I was born in NYC and even though I lived in Dallas most of my life, I am a Giant fan , my wife was born in the Buffalo area , the only time I don’t want bills to win is if there playing Giants. On one of our many cruises I was with my wife and her mom, cruise left out of Brooklyn about ten years ago on Princess , during dinner I told them that Doug Flutie was sitting behind them , they both called me a liar, but I was right , we didn’t bug him but would see him all around the ship. On last day he got up and had the chance to talk a bit and got a picture of him with my wife Shelagh, in heels they were about the same hight . 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

we shall enjoy the following video. 

I love Sam the cooking guy. I have made some of his recipes and  they are very good plus he is hilarious. Love his videos.

I have succeeded in defeating the evil DMV empire!!

Vehicle is now registered in the People Republic of California, no chair's were thrown and no DMV employee's yelled at.  I lucked into getting office manager serving me.  She had no trouble sorting it all out. Only 3 1/2 hours in total.

I feel like Luke after he hit that ventilation shaft.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1