Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Wowza. I got gas this morning. 2.99 cash. 3.05 credit card.  New Jersey.

I have lived in NJ about 35 years (NY before that and at the time we did not have to pump gas). 

But I do laugh when I see these.  I once went on a business trip to North Carolina and my only concern was having to pump gas for the rental car. I survived. 😉

JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS OVAL CAR MAGNET | Jersey girl ...

A Jesey realtive who now lives in Florida, very produly displays that on her car. She has no choice but to pump her own gas in FL. 😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I am positive we will never do this again, but we did a move up bid on this Saturday Edge sailing and we went from a sky suite to a penthouse suite . Celebrating my wife birthday, her promotion to a VP and our 30 anniversary. 

Congratulations!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

I am positive we will never do this again, but we did a move up bid on this Saturday Edge sailing and we went from a sky suite to a penthouse suite . Celebrating my wife birthday, her promotion to a VP and our 30 anniversary. 

Congrats on the move up. Great birthday surprise. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...very easy and oh so refreshing.  This is recipe for more than enough dressing for two people

Small mixing bowl, place 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, top with 1/4 EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), juice of one whole lemon, 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon sugar (I use Truvia), pinch of salt.   With small whip, beat up until smooth (about 10 seconds).   Place in container in fridge for a couple hours to let flavors marinade together and thicken a bit.  Hope you like it!  🙂 

I just made this. Followed your recipe exactly, but used honey instead of sugar and used 2 cloves of garlic. It is delicious!!!!! Love it! Thanks for posting this.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Wonderful reasons to celebrate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

NICE!  make sure to send us some photos while enjoying yourselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Wowza. I got gas this morning. 2.99 cash. 3.05 credit card.  New Jersey.

I have lived in NJ about 35 years (NY before that and at the time we did not have to pump gas). 

But I do laugh when I see these.  I once went on a business trip to North Carolina and my only concern was having to pump gas for the rental car. I survived. 😉

JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS OVAL CAR MAGNET | Jersey girl ...

Paid 2.65 credit today with my grocery rewards.  Born and raised NJ girl who learned to pump gas when we bought our lake cottage in PA in the late 90s.  So used to it now that we live in SC and most times prefer to do my own but yes there are those times I wish I could just say fill it regular and get waited on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My DH had a "close encounter" with melanoma, and he has bi-annual checks for the it and other 2 types of skin cancer. Therefore, we try to compromise on the amount of sunshine (even with very strong sun screen, long sleeves, long pants, wide brimmed hat) he'll be exposed to.

So. no beach-related cruises for us and other activities which require a long exposure to direct sunshine... 

With Akrotiri on Santorini, the ruins are enclosed indoors. here is a pic I took when we were there. It's a bus ride inland.

Town of Akrotiro Ancient Remains of Minoan City Destroyed By Volcano 1500BC 1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

That’s going to be a great surprise for her. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday again. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise.

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

NICE!  make sure to send us some photos while enjoying yourselves.

👍🏼

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just came back from the gas station. It was $4.43 a gallon out here.  I know PA had the highest gas tax in the nation last year, but California moved back in the lead.  

£4.90 ($6.70) a gallon over here.  We also have high tax on petrol.

And as far as I know all petrol stations are self service in the UK 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Now, that's funny. I thought that WAZE was a phone app.

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@mo&fran

i connect my smart phone to Apple car play and it displays on my video car screen. 

You  could use on your phone alone. Use it all the time. 

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That map looks familiar!  😄  It's a very scenic drive on 280 with gorgeous weather to go with it.  We are right near Palo Alto.  

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It almost shows where we are at this week.  We are in the North Bay, about 20 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge.

WAZE was developed in Israel (we use it solely here) and was sold to Google for 1 milliard $....

You can use it on your mobile phone or connected in the car.

And, yes, sometimes it goes awry.... but since our country is very small, you'll be back before dinner 😁 [or in plenty of time to get dressed for the wedding 😉]

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sheal said:

@island ladyThanks for the recipe.  I have a couple of containers of yogurt to use, this recipe sounds yummy too.

You are most welcome.  Making that recipe up was due to forgetting to buy bottled salad dressing at the store before moving into previous rental (far from any stores).  And like you...had a big container of yogurt in the fridge.  😉  

Now...I am going to make homemade whenever possible.  Sooo much better. 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This was the temperature reading in DH’s truck this afternoon when we got in 😳.  Of course it was sitting, baking in the sun. Actual temp was 93 today. Finally breaking tomorrow. 
Also, I took a screen shot of the dressing recipe you posted - can’t wait to try it. 

F0ACFD81-ADF8-4A11-80BA-2F430D08B2CE.jpeg

LOL....I love how you matched up the temperature with the song playing.  😄  

And you are most welcome on the recipe...hope you like it. 🙂 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I just made this. Followed your recipe exactly, but used honey instead of sugar and used 2 cloves of garlic. It is delicious!!!!! Love it! Thanks for posting this.

MMmm...sound great with honey as well!  🙂   You are most welcome, and happy you liked it! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Since sea food has been a topic here lately, thanks to Pat 😋, we shall enjoy the following video. 

That was great!!  Thanks for posting!  He is really funny and a great showman!  

Funny how he did the same thing with the rolls as I ended inventing on my own (due to not liking the flimsy "NE hot dog roll" that are in the market now).    Though where we differ is the lobster stuffing...me...just lobster meat warmed up with just a pat of butter.  Plain, called traditional.  But still...his did look good!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Bay area is super super high...  It's a little bit better where I am.  I filled up DW's car last night for 3.97 gallon.  

We are are around 3.10 a gallon here in "downeast" Maine.  That is actually up from the 2.99 we filled up at when we got here less than a week ago.  Naturally jacking up the prices for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. 😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1