Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You look familiar to me too.I have been taking pictures of everyone I met on a cruise if it is okay with them.I write their names on the back of the pictures and if we do another cruise on the same ship I bring the pictures with me and look for them to give them the pictures as I have with several people who post on CC.

The only person who I recall from RI was a guy named Ray who was an on air person for Channel 10.

I can’t think of a local newscaster named Ray, but then again I’m not a regular watcher of TV news.  I also don’t remember anyone asking to take my picture, I probably would’ve agreed to it.  That’s great idea to write names on the back of photos.  I have several pictures of us with table mates whose names I can’t recall. 

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

From your list above, we’ve done:

Explorer 3/15/13, 9 nt out of Bayonne.

Explorer 1/31/14, 9 nt out of Bayonne.

NCL Gem 2/18/15, 10 nt out of NYC

Freedom early April 2016, 7 nts out of PC

NCL Gem, 3/9/17, 10 nts out of NYC

NCL Breakaway, 12/29/17, 7 nts out of NYC (the infamous bomb cyclone storm Grayson cruise)

NCL Dawn, 3/15/18, 7 nts out of Tampa

Harmony, 12/2/18, 7 nts out of FLL

Anthem 6//6/19, 9 nts out of Bayonne. 

Possibilities.

Edited by Arzeena

27 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I can’t think of a local newscaster named Ray, but then again I’m not a regular watcher of TV news.  I also don’t remember anyone asking to take my picture, I probably would’ve agreed to it.  That’s great idea to write names on the back of photos.  I have several pictures of us with table mates whose names I can’t recall. 

Neirher can I.

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Full disclosure…that’s my brother’s kitchen.  Beautiful but wouldn’t fit in our house…

image.jpeg.9dc8ebc9cea34452f22f78921af7441a.jpeg

Your house is beautiful. I love the old ones and the history behind it is interesting. Any relationship between your name and the name of the house?

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would say that's a understatement. So glad you were ok. The other story with the person with the sunroof, oh my that's horrible. I remember Firestone paying out a lot of money on those defective tires. I hope you got some.

Unfortunately not even a penny. If I would have been maimed or dead that would have been a different story. We also had an attorney that worked on contingency and he lost money because he had already used some experts. He thought we had a good case.

Firestone had come down to settle after they had been down here once before. One of their experts realized that the tire was made by Cooper Tires. Firestone had hired Cooper to make some of their tires. Maybe they couldn’t keep up with demand? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Anyway, it now fell on Cooper to deal with it. The case would have only been worth about $150,000.00 and Cooper wouldn’t settle. My attorney said it would cost about that much to sue them so it wasn’t worth it. I would have been happy to get some money towards a new vehicle but we got nothing. 😡

Our spare on the vehicle was one that was attached to the back and not under it. One day we went outside and there was a big bulge in the tire which had also ripped the tire cover we had on it. This was before it was well know about the tire issue. We thought it was odd that someone would come and slash our tire since we didn’t have any enemies and it was backed up against the garage. We since realized it was the same problem but it had already been replaced.

Oh well, I’m just happy I’m alive and fine. I did have very bad bruises where it felt like there was rocks deep under my skin. They were bad. There was a small ice chest in the truck that flew around, but luckily it didn’t hit me in the head.

Edited by ReneeFLL

42 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Ray was a Weatherman.This was several years ago ,probably about 2013.

We were on at least two cruises with Arzeena and her husband .

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In RI that hardly narrows down the possibility of people you could be referring to.

I asked him who his all time favorite player was and he said Rico Petrocelli.

When I told him that Rico and one of my long time friends went to HS together in Brooklyn and had a long time friendship we spent a considerable about of time on the cruise discussing baseball ,primarily the Red Sox.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Possibilities.

I’m now racking my brain trying to remember people we’ve struck up conversations with or been on excursions with.  Several couples/table mates from Canada,  two couples from Albany NY area who were on our Jost Van Dyke catamaran excursion with the Gem in 2017, a couple from Tampa on the Dawn who owned a well known restaurant,  also lots of shared taxi van rides in St Thomas,  to Orient Beach in SXM and one to Little French Key in Roatan. Of course I don’t recall every random conversation at bars. We did visit the atrium bar every night before dinner on the Gem.  

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Ray was a Weatherman.This was several years ago ,probably about 2013.

We were on at least two cruises with Arzeena and her husband .

Well if I look familiar to Arzeena and to you as well, maybe we were all on a cruise together 😀!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well if I look familiar to Arzeena and to you as well, maybe we were all on a cruise together 😀!

Waiting here for the lightbulb to pop on and you all remember each other!

My friend was in Israel one summer.  She came back to NY and started teaching.  Her co-worker kept telling her that she looked familiar.  Both were in Israel at the same time but could not remember exactly where, if in fact they met.  The next day my friend's co-worker brought in her vacation photos showing my friend and her husband in the background of 2 photos taken in Jerusalem. My friend had none of her co-worker.  So, even though they were only a few feet apart, they never actually met until they came back home!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's exactly what I thought. I had a version with Meletti Amaro with just Bourbon at a craft bar and thought hmmm why not have both? Let me know what you think? Cheers!

Checked locally and neither Total Wine nor Bevmo carry this brand.  Bevmo does have Averna Amaro.  Have you tried that brand?

Just now, taznremmy said:

Checked locally and neither Total Wine nor Bevmo carry this brand.  Bevmo does have Averna Amaro.  Have you tried that brand?

I have not but I do think that would be a decent substitute. You would think Total Wine would have it. I can find it readily here in the midwest. Different Amaro's have different tastes. I really like Merletti Amaro but I am sure a substitute would work fine.

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have not but I do think that would be a decent substitute. You would think Total Wine would have it. I can find it readily here in the midwest. Different Amaro's have different tastes. I really like Merletti Amaro but I am sure a substitute would work fine.

Thanks!  I'll check directly with the store.  I did an on line search and it said the closest available was in Las Vegas.  Good excuse for a road trip I guess, if it wasn't so bloody HOT. 🤣

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, Sea Dog said:

I Remember having platform shoes in the 70's. They may have been cool but cool to walk in. Just about broke my ankle falling one time in them.

I new a guy in the 70s that stepped out of a van in platform shoes and broke his ankle.  I liked the Beatle boots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

On the way to marina, we blew a tire on the golf cart so went and waited at the pier while they brought us a new one.

Nate wasn’t doing brake-stands or power slides by chance? 

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We always order two, and freeze the remaining slices for future "use" 😉

I usually make homemade pizza with Antimo Caputo 00 Americana flour. So good.  Last week I made a couple extra and froze them before cooking.  Yesterday I tried one.  Although the taste of a fresh one can’t be beat, I was pleasantly surprised how good the frozen pizza taste.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, davekathy said:

My everyday shoes/sneakers are Vans(Old Skool). Walking shoes are Asics. I'm not a flip flop or sandal dude.

During the summer all I wear is flip flops except for walking, Asics. It looks like that is about all to change. About 6 weeks ago I injured my right foot working in the yard.  I think I fractured my toe.  To stubborn to go see a doc.  I thought, the doc will just tell me to stay off it.  6 weeks later I am getting around a lot better.  With my Asics on I am close to walking normal.  From now on the flip flops will mainly be for the beach and cruises 🚢.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy 50th Anniversary. 🥂 🍾

That’s it. So they are going to be making big muffin size ones? Not liking that.

Larger than muffin size.  I read that the taste is exactly the same. I need to stock up on Starbuck's K-cups on sale at Costco this month, $29 for 72 count, so I'll check it out.  It's only rolling out in certain locations.

@Luckynana Eeek I forgot your name.  Ummm Maryann?....hides head in shame.  Happy Anniversary!!

Apparently I forgot to hit "Submit Reply" when I first created this post HOURS ago.  Just came to it now.  Seems like I'm forgetting a lot lately. 😕

• Like 1