"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I grew up in Michigan.  The local favorite was a variety called "candy corn".   My Dad would soak the corn with husks still in place in a huge pail of water for an hour, then put them right on the grill.  Oooohhh so good!  🙂 

My daughter loves cotton candy grapes.  Mad expensive but yes it tastes like cotton candy.  I prefer regular.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

He knows a famous surfer from this "neighborhood" -- Ben Skinner.

I never lived myself but when I was 15 I spent the summer there working in a holiday shop and living with my nana . I joined the Perranporth Surf Lifesaving Club right on the beach and had the time of my life 😉

This would of been very early 1970s.

In those more chauvinist days the hunky guys were there to save lives and the girls looked after lost kids and did minor first aid 

Things are different now thank goodness 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I edit my photo, go to CC and write my comment, scroll down to Add Files and click on that. Click on Photo Library, click on my photo and it’s attached to my comment. 
All done on my iPhone. Like magic!

That’s how I also do it on the Galaxy.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I thought the same thing. I have a hard time just keeping up with everything going on in this thread. To everyone, please excuse me if I miss something or do not comment on something. I am paying attention and I do care. I have a lot of stuff going on right now in my life and trying to keep up to date is hard sometimes. My apologies.

I agree.  I have no idea how she does it.

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thank you Graham, I will let him know.

Please pass along my wishes as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mets07 said:

4th of July.  Candlewood Lake, Connecticut. Enjoying weekend with lots of family. 

20210704_160001.jpg

This may be a small world connection,mets07. Your photo of Candlewood Lake brought back memories from my college days. A friend’s parents would rent a place on the lake during the Summer. I visited with them several times.It is a beautiful area. They subsequently moved to the area in their retirement. Unfortunately, they passed away in the early 1990’s,which gave them a short time to enjoy their home.

I am not sure how long you have gone to Candlewood Lake, but I thought that I would ask if you knew Betty and Benedict Kershis? A long shot,surely, but I thought I would ask. 

I hope you are enjoying your time at the lake !

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter loves cotton candy grapes.  Mad expensive but yes it tastes like cotton candy.  I prefer regular.

Never heard of cotton candy grapes.  Will have to look for them next time I go to produce store or farmers market.

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I tried but had trouble using my phone.

Yesterday when I was about to enter my daughters house a guy drove by ,parked his car and came out .He said to me,”Is your name Lenny ?” He said that he lived around the corner from me and that I knew his next house neighbor and mentioned her name.Why am I posting this to you ?

The neighbor Maxine Citrin was in the same HS graduating class as in BIL ,Carl.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

This may be a small world connection,mets07. Your photo of Candlewood Lake brought back memories from my college days. A friend’s parents would rent a place on the lake during the Summer. I visited with them several times.It is a beautiful area. They subsequently moved to the area in their retirement. Unfortunately, they passed away in the early 1990’s,which gave them a short time to enjoy their home.

I am not sure how long you have gone to Candlewood Lake, but I thought that I would ask if you knew Betty and Benedict Kershis? A long shot,surely, but I thought I would ask. 

I hope you are enjoying your time at the lake !

MJSailors, it is a beautiful place. My sister and brother-in-law have owned a house there for approximately 35 years. We have spent many, many weekends and a few longer vacations there over the years. Lots of siblings and cousins had (and still have) fun there. 

We do not know the people you mention, but it is a big lake with many communities, as you know. 

Enjoy the summer! 

mets07

Candlewood Lake does cover a very large area,with a lot of communities. It is a lovely place for a vacation and a weekend/ retirement home.

I recall that part of the lake is near Danbury. I went to the Danbury Fair a few times ,then it was built into the Danbury Mall. Visited the mall a few times also as DH and I have friends who lived in Katonah,NY.

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Excellent advice.  Those scammers are disgusting.  They never stop trying to find new ways to steal.  

It's such a shame they don't put their talent into something legal, helpful, and useful.  But I guess there is more money in being a slimy crook!  😡

• Like 2

Usual favorite restaurant was closed when we traveled up the coast, so stopped by a little pub close to our rental home.  Bucky's fish sandwich reminded me of Graham's Fish and Chips...but with a hand hold .  😉 

20210705_124327.jpg

• Like 12

The flowers I bought seemed to attract the Hummingbirds better than just the feeder colors...so I went back to the garden store to buy another one.  It ended up being a BOGO special.  Now I have a flower pot garden!  😉  Not sure how I am going to fit them into the SUV with all the other "precious stuff" we are collecting when we move again.  😮 

20210705_132721.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I always though Cornwall had great beaches for skim boarding. This one is a prime example. 

Yes that's all I do bodyboarding or boogie boarding.  I can't do the full on stand up surfing 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We went to our local beach then to a garden centre.

It is now 18.00pm 62°F and partly sunny in the garden.

IMG_20210705_110044.jpg

IMG_20210705_164205.jpg

IMG_20210705_172711.jpg

You have a gourgous garden Graham 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1