Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Well, I couldn’t get my speed up to 80, or 60, or even 40 because there were several of these on the road. 

EFCF637E-D8B6-42F4-8182-AD96FE8E4BBE.thumb.jpeg.17cb12672861106c7415dad24c4bf237.jpeg

A5D22A1D-116B-40B5-98CE-BDB186D70C11.jpeg.854b0e3a893a01fb4f3a3270ab3d9c53.jpeg

A day of some rest today.  Getting ready to setup for an Un-birthday party this weekend for our California grandson.  

Cannot wait to see what you have planned for his birthday!

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful.  I especially like the photo above with the four.  Is that a small creek?  5 or 6 point buck?

It's a gully that was put there when the house was built to keep the rain when it rains really heavy from running down the road in front of our house. It keeps that water from running toward our house. It's only on the one side of the property, the driveway side,  the driveway is about half the depth of the property, the 2 car garage goes into the end/side of the house.

So far we have never seen any rain of any real substance fill up the ditch.

The farmer when he did the hay behind the house was afraid of getting his tractor to close to the ditch so the grass/weeds there is a little high. I left it like that because the deer like to go in there and eat.

The buck you saw in the picture is an 8 pointer, has a big body too. Still waiting for our hot tub to arrive so I have been putting some corn kernels on that concrete pad. The deer have been eating right off of it.

Most of the pictures I have taken are taken from above from the sunroom, so we are looking right  down over top the deer.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, did you ever think your thread would be so great?!  By the way, you express yourself very well. I couldn’t tell you were having any problems.

Thanks

Marietta 

Marietta:

I just read that a movie is coming out later this year titled Once Upon A Time in Staten Island taking place in 1982.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I don’t understand your point of reference.I was posting about Presidential Libraries.That is devoid of politics.

You responded to a post about predential homes not libraries. That is my point of reference... hardly devoid of politics.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Heading to Ventura for a wedding this weekend. A good friend's oldest son is tying the knot. The wedding is at 4 pm tomorrow. I'm apparently getting lazy in my old age.  In the past I'd have driven down tomorrow morning and then driven back home late Saturday night/Sunday morning.  I'm actually heading down today, staying two nights and driving back Sunday morning.  Today will be dinner and shopping at the outlet mall.  Tomorrow I"m trying to convince my wife to come with me to the Reagan Presidential Library.  I've been before but It is the most interesting of all the presidential libraries I have been to and think it would interesting to go again.  

Enjoy the wedding weekend.  I have friends who made it their business to visit almost every Presidential Library.  They never got to visit Presidents Hoover and Truman's Libraries.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham, just noticed your New York shirt.  Good job!

I noticed it right away!!

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, for our Anniversary, many beautiful pictures of our family were taken on our daughters' phones..I had left my phone home that evening, because I wouldn't be getting any phone calls or texts from my family since they were with me.  I screwed myself by not having my phone to take pictures;  my daughter sent me emails with all of the pictures, telling me to download it on my phone. Pfft...I downloaded, but can't get them onto my google gallery.  So, there's that!!!🥴

Graham, I just love all of the pictures of you and Pauline.  You look like such a happy couple!!!!

Debbie, thank God your home in LBI is safe.  I didn't realize that Barnegat got hit.  We're just two towns away from there!!

I send my cell phone pictures to my laptop by attaching photos to an email then opening and saving on my laptop.  

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, you have no idea how glad everyone is for your starting this thread last year, which has brought so many wonderful people together to share their feelings, experiences, etc.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!❤️

A heartfelt ditto here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night around dinner time we had several tornado warnings.     Later learned on local news channels that a tornado touched down in New Hope (not severe damage there) and another or same tornado touched down in Trevose/Feasterville and destroyed a large auto dealer and many other nearby homes.    We are nestled into between these 2 areas, very fortunate all good in my town.   

And that same tornado made it's way to Long Beach Island where our shore home is located and several homes, boats, etc. were damaged in Barnegat (couple miles from our shore house).      Amazing to hear no one was hurt just lots of property damage.      Very thankful. 

I think the red cross is setting up shelters for the people put out of their homes.    Will check further into this today and find out who or where to make donations that will actually make it to help these people.    

Glad to hear both your homes are safe.  Thought about you when I saw the news reports last night. We were up in the Poconos and headed south wed to see the grandkids in DC before heading back to SC.  Glad we left when we did.  Haven't had the chance to be on CC so catching up tonight.

As for a few other posts, can we please keep politics off this thread, or at least not respond if someone does bring it in.  This has been one of the only places I can go to getaway from the bickering, please let's keep it that way 😁.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Crawled out of bed reluctantly, knowing I had a 6 hour drive ahead of me, and had to deal with Cincinnati road destruction (some call it construction).

I’m not going to miss that Cincinnati road “destruction”. How was the area around the bridge?  It was a mess the last couple of times that I drove through there. Glad that you made it home OK and without a ticket. 

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Enjoy the wedding weekend.  I have friends who made it their business to visit almost every Presidential Library.  They never got to visit Presidents Hoover and Truman's Libraries.

I have been to Eisenhower, Nixon, Polk, Clinton and Reagan x2.  Reagans’s is the best in my opinion. There are a few more I’d like to see… 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have been to Eisenhower, Nixon, Polk, Clinton and Reagan x2.  Reagans’s is the best in my opinion. There are a few more I’d like to see… 

I've been to Nixon, Reagan, and JFK.  Hard to chose between Reagan and JFK.  I was in my Senior year when JFK was assassinated, so it holds a special place in my memories.  If you are ever in Boston, try to make it to the JFK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We enjoyed taking family to the George W Bush library in Dallas , I find it funny that many people think he was the worst president ever , but don’t anymore. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You responded to a post about predential homes not libraries. That is my point of reference... hardly devoid of politics.

And every President gets a library 

Trumps will be uge. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, George C said:

We enjoyed taking family to the George W Bush library in Dallas , I find it funny that many people think he was the worst president ever , but don’t anymore. 

I enjoyed the Bush Library as well.  Beautiful building.  Papa Bush's in College Station is too far.  If I were in the area, I would visit just about any Presidential Library no matter what my politics are.  So much to learn.

The above is not a political statement!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The bride's mum and I were invited to the first night of the hen weekend last night.  A wonderful covid friendly weekend planned by her amazing hens. In the garden they erected a beautiful igloo for dinner with a pretty sleeping tent. They also had a covered hot tub with a big screen to watch love Island in the wee hours . Today they have a life drawing class (male) and a gin experience, all in the garden . Perfect and beautifully decorated.

20210730_180358.jpg

20210730_180353.jpg

20210730_181321.jpg

20210730_180506.jpg

• Like 19