Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are getting an abbreviated time at the zoo today.  They are closing at 2:00 because it was reserved for a special event. They were setting up this morning. 

2F5454FF-9284-4237-B941-E5BFF716847C.thumb.jpeg.7699bc1377e7d4fc5c37be93e0030c93.jpeg

 

A few pictures from inside.  This is a really small zoo, so we did it all in a couple hours. 
 

F79F6C41-3DC3-43C5-9051-7CD31E46FB48.thumb.jpeg.12d0e27ff34a9b498aaf8a0fc3be5e16.jpeg

 

A red panda. 
 

4016B54F-6C22-45FD-866C-F3B326AF2E70.thumb.jpeg.e1c641eb4479dc82517ada22aba74679.jpeg

 

Some more of our grands, since all 3 are with us today. 
 

A7287C6A-FF08-4C15-9F0F-901AABC36D5C.thumb.jpeg.6a40646ddc642d28f2bed3339dc6ff9b.jpeg

 

17654336-1A18-4B2E-A614-07BE7BA1F3F8.thumb.jpeg.e7837c1d9d10f11ca5c5215bfe06b1a4.jpeg

 

There have been times that I felt like doing this. 
 

071CEEE5-8B6B-4141-B719-5E40637D1736.thumb.jpeg.5978655c00e74ba8718213dec36144ac.jpeg

 

Checking out the safari vehicle

 

50500D4F-63B9-44A4-8CBB-B141871D433F.thumb.jpeg.f3774939fc158b468624b3178a6ca27f.jpeg

 

Tigers and otters. 
 

EE3B2DA2-6F3E-45E0-8FA3-C246897985E9.thumb.jpeg.a12e1b71f85fe6a29867eb7d0cd5d354.jpeg

 

32442C8C-8C51-427A-AB39-FE704A823658.thumb.jpeg.668d219a6b8f9977b351c07c0c1b57f9.jpeg

 

I am already $100 lighter from just the stuffed animal purchases today. 🤣🤣

 

 

It looks like a great zoo, for being a little one!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife has a sister who lives in Erie, so we will meet up with her for supper tonight.  She gave us a recommendation for lunch today at Calamari’s Squid Row.  It was in a questionable part of town, but wasn’t too bad.  It was next door to a storefront called the Adult Mart, which had mannequins in unique attire in the window.  Granddaughter (6) was asking why the one didn’t have pants on, and the boys (8) wanted to know why they were dressed that way.  Give them a couple years. 

 

They did have a nice outdoor seating area. 


8479767B-7124-422A-A526-AFFA86643C70.thumb.jpeg.a4e2eaad431f0b5394915c25e87dae55.jpeg

 

Calamari and pretzel appetizers 


86D0D79E-4C84-4AB5-BCD2-51699644CC18.thumb.jpeg.01d4510d75a47e9df1e272ed682c8fb2.jpeg

 

102B09A2-4A45-467B-A65F-BFA398307DEE.thumb.jpeg.e370a9fec49cae7c3f29e14cd379e284.jpeg

 

Granddaughter was devouring the calamari 

 

80EFEE22-BF10-4079-993D-DE288B732DE4.thumb.jpeg.17bf4974c960816ffd79a1be2b39b9a7.jpeg

 

Looks like one of the new stuffed animals made it to lunch with us.  

 

A3F29425-880B-4CDE-8F1E-ED52AAD9FF44.thumb.jpeg.8827ceb3b67537515d3831f209ab8843.jpeg

 

This was supposed to be a Cuban sandwich, but not like any I ever had. 

 

D2C7AF26-FF7E-4962-9EC1-6C9A3525ED18.thumb.jpeg.b738da8a8902bd70be4b5275c0fda95b.jpeg

 

 

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A special day here today. 17 years ago this happened. Dinner out tonight, the first time in a restaurant since January of 2020.
 

The Keg here we come. @Yorkvillain I might add it’s also Lobster Fest. Food porn to come later. 
 

50C9C2E6-BCCE-40A4-BE04-40D27B07E8EE.thumb.jpeg.cc60500876f4fe056d01a1fd26148b98.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS

 

Many, Many more.

 

Enjoy dinner.

 

Stay safe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I agree!  We are having our two oldest grandsons, 8 & 10, stay with us beginning 8/15.  Their Mom said “just bring them back before school starts on 8/30”  LOL.  Between on/off distance learning and summer, I think she’s had enough!

I had already started a list of New England activities, but @h20skibumhas really raised the bar!  #grandparentinggoals

Some of my son’s favorite memories are spending a week in Maine with my parents each year.  They always worry they won’t fill the time but it goes fast.  They love to play card games - exploding kittens, racko, and clue great for 8&10.

 

and last couple years going to the swimming pool as being allowed to order a coke and hit dog every day for lunch.  You will have a great time and leave lasting memories!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is also a day and evening of relaxation for my wife who is having surgery Monday at 8 AM.

Our daughters home is only 4 minutes from where we live.

Wish her the very best of luck…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

And I’m also a lucky Nana of 5 (DH is Papa)!

I miss my Nana.  We lost her several years ago when she was 96.  Growing up we always had a special bond and I was always at ease speaking with her about anything as a teenager and up till the time she past.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

The torch came through our town in Staten Island sometime in the '80's.  It was probably around 9:00 am.  The torch carryer(?) came over the Outerbridge Crossing from N.J.  We brought our 3 daughters to see this historic event, and then brought them to school.  Our twins' teacher was not very nice about our excuse for their tardiness.🤨  I never cared for her anyway.  We also took our daughters to Broadway for the Parade for Vietnam Vets.  Jim was among the marchers, but we never did find him.  

I was late to work for the only time ever so I could watch Alex Trebek run past me with the torch. He flew to Jacksonville just for his few moments. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is also a day and evening of relaxation for my wife who is having surgery Monday at 8 AM.

Our daughters home is only 4 minutes from where we live.

I will keep your wife in my thoughts and prayers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

The torch came through our town in Staten Island sometime in the '80's.  It was probably around 9:00 am.  The torch carryer(?) came over the Outerbridge Crossing from N.J.  We brought our 3 daughters to see this historic event, and then brought them to school.  Our twins' teacher was not very nice about our excuse for their tardiness.🤨  I never cared for her anyway.  We also took our daughters to Broadway for the Parade for Vietnam Vets.  Jim was among the marchers, but we never did find him.  

 

There are many lessons/experiences that can't be learned in school.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

 

Plenty of room (we're 5, the table seats 12 and we can open more...) and plenty of leftovers for Lisa, Andrew, Owen, Bonnie, Jack and all the others who would like to join us 😁

 

This picture was taken in February 2008, when we served our traditional Jewish dish 

 

Cholent (Yiddish: טשאָלנט‎, romanized: tsholnt or tshulnt) or hamin (Hebrew: חמין‎) is a traditional Jewish stew. It is usually simmered overnight for 12 hours or more, and eaten for lunch on Shabbat (the Sabbath).

 

P2273691.JPG

 

During the summer, on the veranda, we can host at least 14 people.

 

P1010758.JPG

 

 

Chulent....sigh.  Love it.  I mainly make it with barley, beans, meat, potatoes.  Everyone has their own recipe.  My mother used to cook hers stovetop overnight and hardly slept since she kept checking on it.  Haven't made it in about 5 years.  Your veranda (hebrew - mirpeset?) looks so comfy and inviting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I had wonderful grandparents, but y’all have taken grandparenting to a whole new level!!

A summer to top all summers!

 

Like the saying goes "If I knew grandchildren were so much fun I would have had them first".

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Earlier today my wife took me to our local Starbucks for a birthday treat.A few days ago to get an ice cream treat,tomorrow to a bakery/restaurant for a birthday pastry.

My wife made me a blueberry pie for lunch and in 3 hours I will be at the home of one of my daughters who asked me to plan the menu even though she knows everything that I enjoy eating.

The best thing will be relaxing with my children ,grand children,grand dog and grand puppy.

 

Starbucks, ice cream, pastry, blueberry pie, and a party with family.  Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration.  Enjoy it, and many more to come!

-Joy

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A special day here today. 17 years ago this happened. Dinner out tonight, the first time in a restaurant since January of 2020.
 

The Keg here we come. @Yorkvillain I might add it’s also Lobster Fest. Food porn to come later. 
 

50C9C2E6-BCCE-40A4-BE04-40D27B07E8EE.thumb.jpeg.cc60500876f4fe056d01a1fd26148b98.jpeg

Beautiful wedding picture. Enjoy your Anniversary celebration with continued love.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are getting an abbreviated time at the zoo today.  They are closing at 2:00 because it was reserved for a special event. They were setting up this morning. 

2F5454FF-9284-4237-B941-E5BFF716847C.thumb.jpeg.7699bc1377e7d4fc5c37be93e0030c93.jpeg

 

A few pictures from inside.  This is a really small zoo, so we did it all in a couple hours. 
 

F79F6C41-3DC3-43C5-9051-7CD31E46FB48.thumb.jpeg.12d0e27ff34a9b498aaf8a0fc3be5e16.jpeg

 

A red panda. 
 

4016B54F-6C22-45FD-866C-F3B326AF2E70.thumb.jpeg.e1c641eb4479dc82517ada22aba74679.jpeg

 

Some more of our grands, since all 3 are with us today. 
 

A7287C6A-FF08-4C15-9F0F-901AABC36D5C.thumb.jpeg.6a40646ddc642d28f2bed3339dc6ff9b.jpeg

 

17654336-1A18-4B2E-A614-07BE7BA1F3F8.thumb.jpeg.e7837c1d9d10f11ca5c5215bfe06b1a4.jpeg

 

There have been times that I felt like doing this. 
 

071CEEE5-8B6B-4141-B719-5E40637D1736.thumb.jpeg.5978655c00e74ba8718213dec36144ac.jpeg

 

Checking out the safari vehicle

 

50500D4F-63B9-44A4-8CBB-B141871D433F.thumb.jpeg.f3774939fc158b468624b3178a6ca27f.jpeg

 

Tigers and otters. 
 

EE3B2DA2-6F3E-45E0-8FA3-C246897985E9.thumb.jpeg.a12e1b71f85fe6a29867eb7d0cd5d354.jpeg

 

32442C8C-8C51-427A-AB39-FE704A823658.thumb.jpeg.668d219a6b8f9977b351c07c0c1b57f9.jpeg

 

I am already $100 lighter from just the stuffed animal purchases today. 🤣🤣

 

 

It's impossible to say no to them.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife took this picture this morning of the sunrise of our back yard.

224220552_10226022448737361_4581908002004147494_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=qvzqSPmcxEIAX-W4v9k&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=ea6ff92b16acca7f73f899ed0bfb0bda&oe=61012B35

Wow beautiful photo!

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Chulent....sigh.  Love it.  I mainly make it with barley, beans, meat, potatoes.  Everyone has their own recipe.  My mother used to cook hers stovetop overnight and hardly slept since she kept checking on it.  Haven't made it in about 5 years.  Your veranda (hebrew - mirpeset?) looks so comfy and inviting.

 

Yes, our "mirpeset" was the main draw when buying this penthouse, and we're spending a lot of time in it.

 

Chulent -- indeed, everyone has their own "shticks".... DH's is famous for his chulent 😉 

 

May be u can see in the picture, he's using honey and peel/skin of purple onions for the dark color.

 

No barley.

 

Huge white beans and dark ones [which I'm leaving in water for a day], osso buco meat [for the bone marrow, which gives an added taste], potatoes, boiled eggs, and of course - "kishkes".

 

He's frying the outsides of the meat and potatoes before adding them to the pot.

 

He's leaving the pot in the oven at a minimum temperature for the night, but doesn't bother to check.

 

The house is full of the aroma 😉

 

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like the saying goes "If I knew grandchildren were so much fun I would have had them first".

 

So true 🥰

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I miss my Nana.  We lost her several years ago when she was 96.  Growing up we always had a special bond and I was always at ease speaking with her about anything as a teenager and up till the time she past.

 

You are very blessed to have had your special bond with your Nana.  I was 6 when I lost my beloved grandfather;  his wife, my mom's stepmother, was a very cold woman.  My dad's father was killed in Tennessee when my dad was a young boy, and his mom lived in Brooklyn with my Uncle and his family.  We visited every Sunday, but she was a very quiet woman who rarely spoke.  (I have her green eyes).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I was late to work for the only time ever so I could watch Alex Trebek run past me with the torch. He flew to Jacksonville just for his few moments. 

Oh, how we all love and miss Alex Trebek.  The best of the best!!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

There are many lessons/experiences that can't be learned in school.

Absolutely!!!

 

@h20skibum...my Florida friend Lois always orders Cuban sandwiches for our parties.  They certainly

don't look like your sandwich.  I love calamari!!  Yum!

 

@BonTexasNY and @dani negreanu....the meals you are discussing sound wonderful.  I sure would love to try it!

 

@jimbo..beautiful sunrise from your beautiful backyard!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back from dinner out. The day has had a fair amount of rain. It didn’t when we were out though. 
 

6E046B4D-800A-48D1-87F4-B7305AC8383E.thumb.jpeg.5cbc8db29b9cdf77116755530325fc21.jpeg

 

 

Right now we are back at home with a storm watch for here and tornado warnings for currently further away from here. When ever the weather is ”like this” I park the truck and Stormtrooper under the big barn over hang.  There is a chance of hail so I don’t fool around.    
 

I did have someone watching me though.  Someone made a nest under the overhang. We  typically have barn swallows with typical nests but rarely like this one. 

 

4F6EA4E8-B4F2-4F5B-B3B5-19283CFE4105.thumb.jpeg.91126ca2c2a74f057c72513697935d7a.jpeg

 


B1BC51B1-0BAE-453A-8C59-71C412B436AA.thumb.jpeg.2ab55ef39d7eca39c6bce98d239b29ff.jpeg
 

 

1D320870-EE52-47B1-855E-00E624C23836.thumb.jpeg.5c7fd53144469092de306564885a0f66.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...