Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

MASH was my absolute favorite show.  More than a comedy,  it was poignant, and showed empathy. I must have watched  every episode numerous times and never tire of them.

Seinfeld was a close 2nd.  George's parents were hilarious.  A Festivus for the rest of us. You had to watch the show to know what that means.  Trust me.  Very funny!

Columbo, Hill St. Blues, Heart to Heart, McMillan and Wife, so many others.  Judge Judy is always fun.

Just MHO, even with all the wonderful shows mentioned on this thread, to me nothing tops I Love Lucy for laughs.   

• Like 6

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Speaking of pizza.....This was our extra-large King Arthur Supreme from Round Table Pizza in Lake Tahoe last week.  Loaded with toppings on a not-thick crispy crust.  Just the way I like it.  Someone got to it before I could take a picture of it.

87683548-AA75-4B56-9091-49144EDA48D3.thumb.jpeg.ff8d648d653c902b81901ca6a6532661.jpeg

If I were there I could have snagged a piece although I would have picked off the olives.

• Like 2

So today was the day we threw an Un-birthday party for our California grandson.  The sun was shining as we put up the balloons and decorations around the canopy we put up in the yard. 

F99F8B61-4486-48F1-9A05-2D5F60C96090.thumb.jpeg.871f87cba9bc6addec9fcf1e23b6dd3b.jpeg

We rented a bounce house, and it showed up an hour early, so he got some play time before others showed up.  

0C003CB3-3E76-4832-B81E-4374B51AF499.thumb.jpeg.c64f8ea63d7e2cd5624c21ce6dca88ec.jpeg

Twenty minutes after his cousins arrived, this happened. 

We had three storms roll through in the afternoon, some with higher winds.  After each one, I would take beach towels in an dry out the bounce house (and I had to bounce a little to test it out each time😁).  By the end of the day, I had gone through 20 beach towels.  

But the kids were not bothered by a little rain, and they all had a blast.  

95DAE86A-76F0-4E04-9980-EC125AD9BA72.thumb.jpeg.80801f90209e7a7c11a9e8cfdd16c4a4.jpeg

Two of the boys are close friends of the family.  Their dad was best man at my sons’s wedding.  

The menu for the party included filet mignon, and I can’t believe grandson ate two of these. 

BABE2513-CDD9-4A5E-B5EC-D7E29D348EC3.thumb.jpeg.3ac438d48c326d52472992418dda0c8f.jpeg

Ranch potatoes and corn on the cob

D59DD2DF-BBAD-4994-AE35-3DC4D97711D7.thumb.jpeg.c6671afb3513976274b5da72ce9b8750.jpeg

And a few other sides. 

551FAAEC-03E6-491B-8F3F-68D9322F4457.thumb.jpeg.7b3ae30b6710203244e215ddab9823e9.jpeg

Since the theme was Minecraft, that was the cake choice. 

79692C64-2D18-473B-A990-50B86BD128C8.thumb.jpeg.c8efcdfe2935e3bf22af91573b4a18f7.jpeg

In spite of the on and off rain, fun was had by all.   This is the first day I have felt exhausted at the end of the day. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Speaking of pizza.....This was our extra-large King Arthur Supreme from Round Table Pizza in Lake Tahoe last week.  Loaded with toppings on a not-thick crispy crust.  Just the way I like it.  Someone got to it before I could take a picture of it.

87683548-AA75-4B56-9091-49144EDA48D3.thumb.jpeg.ff8d648d653c902b81901ca6a6532661.jpeg

Can you believe they don't have Round Table or Mountain Mikes in Florida? I was so extremely disappointed in Florida pizza. I asked them about salami, and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. We are so used to our style of pizza here. Thanks for showing them! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight at Sharon’s. Sirloin tip roast. 

DBE28498-ECE3-4DA9-BF65-0AF23531E842.thumb.jpeg.b8353d8dfc51cc2f20a2394684a3edfb.jpeg

Hmm. We've never tried a roast on the BBQ rotisserie. We usually do a whole chicken. That might be something to try. Thanks for the idea/suggestion. :classic_biggrin:

We also replaced our flavorizer bars with the stainless steel ones. They hold up a lot better. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

MASH was my absolute favorite show.  More than a comedy,  it was poignant, and showed empathy. I must have watched  every episode numerous times and never tire of them.

Seinfeld was a close 2nd.  George's parents were hilarious.  A Festivus for the rest of us. You had to watch the show to know what that means.  Trust me.  Very funny!

Columbo, Hill St. Blues, Heart to Heart, McMillan and Wife, so many others.  Judge Judy is always fun.

Just MHO, even with all the wonderful shows mentioned on this thread, to me nothing tops I Love Lucy for laughs.   

MASH was a great show but if they made that show today poor Hawkeye would have been sent to Leavenworth prison for sexual harassment halfway through the first episode. 😲

Times, they are a- changin'

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

MASH was a great show but if they made that show today poor Hawkeye would have been sent to Leavenworth prison for sexual harassment halfway through the first episode. 😲

All in the Family never would have existed in today's world.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Peter Boyle and Doris Roberts were very good dramatic actors in the 70’s.

RIP to both.  They were both fantastic on Everybody Loves Raymond.  

What made that show so good, which is true for most successful sitcoms, is that all of the characters were well written and well acted.  Great cast.  I liked the guy who played Robert also.  The AIS episode of ELR was classic.  I still use the term AIS with Micheline (carefully).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Oh yes, Hawkeye loved the ladies for sure.

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

All in the Family never would have existed in today's world.

OHHH I forgot about All in the Family.  Most politically incorrect show ever but I loved it. In all the years I watched it, I don't recall ever seeing Archie smile sincerely.  Jean Stapleton was genius in that show. RIP Archie and Edith.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

RIP to both.  They were both fantastic on Everybody Loves Raymond.  

What made that show so good, which is true for most successful sitcoms, is that all of the characters were well written and well acted.  Great cast.  I liked the guy who played Robert also.  The AIS episode of ELR was classic.  I still use the term AIS with Micheline (carefully).

So true. The acting and writing were top notch. And the AIS episode was indeed classic! Also loved the 2 episodes where Frank and Marie moved to the retirement complex and then got kicked out!

• Like 1

Prepared for the busy afternoon to come. Skating camp at 3:30pm all week from M-F. Ball game at 6pm today and tomorrow.

Owen will have to eat in the car along the way, as the game is 30 minutes away. Soccer on Thursday but thankfully that is beside the hockey arena. 

66C4B8FD-47FB-48F1-ABBA-12AA1CFD23BA.thumb.jpeg.8b76b79cae9d61e430a6c8a8b4912e68.jpeg

• Like 9

I'm back after a very busy week off and lot's of activities. I will apologize in advance that I have not kept up to date with the 30 plus pages I have missed. If I have missed anything big let me know. Trying to get things ready for retirement. 84 days and counting. Hoping my retirement cruise on Explorer is a go November 7th.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm back after a very busy week off and lot's of activities. I will apologize in advance that I have not kept up to date with the 30 plus pages I have missed. If I have missed anything big let me know. Trying to get things ready for retirement. 84 days and counting. Hoping my retirement cruise on Explorer is a go November 7th.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I can't wait for the day I can retire. I have about 10 years to go. Ugh.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wishing you an early welcome to the retirement club!  So if I can count correctly (not always a given)...October 25th?

Just now, voyager70 said:

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I can't wait for the day I can retire. I have about 10 years to go. Ugh.

Thank you. I am ready. As a video news photographer and editor my back and knees are shot after 40 years of carrying 65 pounds of gear everywhere. I was going to retire last year and go my cruise but COVID hit my cruise got cancelled. L&S one year later and hopefully we are a go. This past year working has been hard to focus. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

To me nothing tops the Carol Burnett Show for laughs. Some of the skits make  me laugh like a loon just thinking about them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wishing you an early welcome to the retirement club!  So if I can count correctly (not always a given)...October 25th?

Actually October 29th (my math is horrible) Cruise out of San Juan is not till the November 7th but we are going 2 days early to spend some time in San Juan. 

I will be doing a as-if semi live review. It's easier for me to get in depth and it will be heavy on pics and video. I have the theme picked out and it should be a lot of fun. I'm really excited about this one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I see everyone has been talking about their favorite sitcoms. It's hard for me to have a favorite. Funny working in broadcast television I did not watch a lot of television I was always too busy. I seem to be making up for it now as I have been watching all the old episodes of "Friends," "Big Bang Theory" and "Seinfeld."

I am still partial to all the old sitcoms I grew up watching such as the "Andy Griffith Show," Dick Van Dyke,"" I Love Lucy," and others.

Don't judge me but I also loved watching "The Monkees."

Now I'm all about "Below Deck."

Lately we have been watching Netflix's  "Outer Banks." It's pretty good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great picture, Dani!

Thanks, Maryann. The sun in my eyes was bothering me 😁

Sometimes, well just may be more than sometimes, DH is "straining" my patience 😉

I "suck" at taking pictures, therefore I'm totally dependent on the "designated photographer".

It goes like this:

Me: Pls. take my picture with this "edifice".

DH: MMmmm, OK. Stay there. No, there. MMMmmm, there. OK. Where is my phone? Aahhh, in my hand !! Don't move. You moved. Yes, you did.

Me: Someone is waiting to take pics also. Are you done?

DH: MMMmmm, no. With the camera will be better. Where is my camera? Aahhh, around my neck !!

Don't move... [rinse and repeat from above]. Pushing buttons and rotating dials... checking the "results".

Me: Someone is waiting to take pics also. Are you done, since in a second they'll "photobomb" me....

THE END.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4