"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Afternoon everyone.

It is 60°F and light rain here.

We had a trip out to Lake Windermere and had lunch in a nice hotel overlooking the lake.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham 

IMG_20210729_120846.jpg

A shame it was raining, that patio overlooking the lake looks wonderful.  Appears you both made the best of it despite the weather!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

At home today and getting "house things" done.

Cruising on the Edge was excellent! We are very happy we did it.  

I felt safe, never felt scared, never speculated or said uh oh at a sneeze or cough I heard. Crew was fantastic and very happy to have us on board. I have never seen a happier crew! Captain Kate was very visible every day and one day Bug, was being strolled around in her stroller and meeowing at us. CD Lauren is a sweet heart!

That's great to hear you had a wonderful cruise.   

That's nice they gave you a free excursion ticket.    Hopefully the weather was good for you too!   Just to be back on a ship has to feel amazing.    Hope my sailing for end of September happens as planned. 

Too cute to hear about Bug and her stroller, hope to meet her and Captain Kate someday. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Crusing on the Edge was excellent! We are very happy we did it.

People on the CC boards speculate and worry (including me😁) a lot about what is on the Celebrity website and what did Don say and what did FB group say and so on!
Things were different on board and you just go with the flow....that is the best lesson to be learnt instead of worrying and speculating and reading thousands of reports. For instance, the Celebrity website  info states that SXM requires all visitors to test before getting off the ship to visit. Many from our roll call did not want to go through that stress. I understand. But the stress was unnecessary. Onboard it was different. According to the shore excursion crew, they have "negotiated" (exact words) with the SXM authorities about this. We were told that no testing is needed and we can do a shore excursion or go on our own. We did both. Also asked to take a picture of the vaccine card or a copy, just in case some place requires. We went to down town in the morning. Most things were open. Water taxi was running very frequently at very low passanger capacity. They were social distancing. Masks were required but many did not wear. Some places they were asked to cover some not. We wore ours where we felt there were many people and it did not deter our enjoyment. We did a ship excursion t orient beach in the afternoon.... was not planning on it and always do our own in SXM, but I went to listen to the shore excursion presentation and the guy asked me a question. I knew the answer and won one excursion ticket. So we decided to use it and see how the "curated excursions" work. I think we will stick to our own in the future unless required. Question was where is the oldest synagogue in the Caribbean....Curacao of course. Toured the synagogue twice.

In Nassau, we took a taxi to Atlantis. At the gate they ask you to show a pic of vaccine card. We did not stay there long and mostly wandered around the open marina area. Everything there was open (stores and eateries). Everything downtown was closed partly becuase of Sunday. Was told that this is a new order for now that things downtown will remain closed on Sundays. Pharmacy part of one gift shop store was open. Downtown did look like a ghost town. Lot of construction going on at the pier. They are building a new marina and terminal. Some souvenier stalls were open in the immediate port area.

In St Thomas we went down town for a bit. Then we went to Emerald Beach which is closest to Crown Bay. Majority of stores in CB were closed. Most stores were open downtown. Some seemed to be doing really good business from the Edge passengers. I was given varying info on St John ferries.....were not running, were running two times a day only, have to take excursion or rent private boat to get there....yada yada. Was not going there this time, but asked several sources aka the taxi guys, the shore excursion guys, the stores, locals.

No port and shopping talks, no raffles, no $10 special sales, no spa port day special hawking. Peace! But some staff did do a hard push on the dining package the first night. The only time I saw a crowd in the jewelry store was when Captain Kate was presenting her collection. The stores were ridiculously expensive and sold mostly designer stuff...Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tiffany, Cartier, Mary Frances, Lilli Pulitzer, Ribcoff, high end perfumes and the sort. The logo stuff seemed a step up too.

I felt safe, never felt scared, never speculated or said uh oh at a sneeze or cough I heard. Crew was fantastic and very happy to have us on board. I have never seen a happier crew! Captain Kate was very visible every day and one day Bug, was being strolled around in her stroller and meeowing at us. CD Lauren is a sweet heart!

Some people talked about separate areas for unvaccinated....I saw two tables set aside in the Martini Bar and two in Blue......never saw anyone occupying them. Did not notice any in the theater.

Capacity and % vaccinated according to different crew members I asked: 15 hundred something, 1600, between 1500 and 1600.  Vaccinated 98% constant answer.

Really great summary. We have our first Celebrity cruise booked for end of March 2022 🤞.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dani.

I have had covid19 and 2 Pfizer vaccine jabs afterwards.

Do you know if that is equivalent to 3 jabs?.

Graham.

According to the experts -- it should be even more....

Research found that the natural immunity "awarded" by being sick is much better than the "artificial" immunity by vaccine.

Based on this -- you're equivalent to 4 jabs 🥰

A bit off topic, but not by much ... Israel is looking upon GB after the July 19th "freedom day", and it seemed that so far, so good.... Hospitalizations in GB still down.

But our numbers kept climbing, so the experts reached the conclusion that, since in GB the jabs were "spaced out", resulting in many people who had the 2nd jab recently, the efficiency is still high.

Nevertheless, nobody recommends being sick in order to achieve immunity...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'll keep doing it until the knees finally break down once and for all.  I was worried that I had reached that point this spring.  I tweaked my MCL on my last day skiing this year back in March. Then I tore it up worse playing basketball with some teenagers at the park 3 months ago and it just didn't recover.  Doc talked about referring me to ortho for a consult but I really want to avoid surgery. I have been working it on the bike for months.  Yesterday was the first day in ages that I haven't been limping.  There is hope for next season. 🙂 

Glad to hear it's getting better.    Things take longer to heal the holder we get!      Just make sure it's ready for your Alaska sailing on Serenade.      I am hoping someone will do a live review on CC.    Hopefully the earthquake didn't impact the current sailing.   I see she has been moored along Hoonah all morning, not sure if that was scheduled or not.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Research found that the natural immunity "awarded" by being sick is much better than the "artificial" immunity by vaccine.

So I have not been following experts for a view months now, much less stressful, but curious.  After two jabs, testing positive, and having the antibodies infusion maybe I might be up to a 4 or 5 jab equivalent 😂.  I am assuming less chance of symptoms for an October cruise.

• Like 4

I always find what to do, I never get bored. I mean there are so many films, TV-series, music, video-games. I mean one life wont be enough to cover it all. I enjoyed my time very much. I wouldnt say that its always that enjoyable but sometimes people need to rest from other people.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A bit off topic, but not by much ... Israel is looking upon GB after the July 19th "freedom day", and it seemed that so far, so good.... Hospitalizations in GB still down.

But our numbers kept climbing, so the experts reached the conclusion that, since in GB the jabs were "spaced out", resulting in many people who had the 2nd jab recently, the efficiency is still high.

Nevertheless, nobody recommends being sick in order to achieve immunity...

Thank you Dani that is good to know.

How is your friend who got covid19?

I hope he is well now.

31 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

A shame it was raining, that patio overlooking the lake looks wonderful.  Appears you both made the best of it despite the weather!

Thank you we did.

The rain stopped and we had a good walk around Bowness and Lake Windermere.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Being the 1st country to be almost fully vaccinated, now we're being the "guinea pigs" for the 3rd shot... No FDA, no regulation, no nothing -- just "risk management" for the elderly.

Research here found that the vaccine's efficiency (or may be the number of antibodies) decrease rapidly. Being the 1st vaccinated (our 2nd shot was January 24th), supposedly we have a very low level of antibodies, and the 3rd shot will "boost" it.

Experts say that the risk of complications outweighs the "unknowns" about the 3rd shot....

Given the fact that the Delta variant is much more virulent than the other "letters", it seems we have no choice.

Stay safe Dani.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Crusing on the Edge was excellent! We are very happy we did it.

People on the CC boards speculate and worry (including me😁) a lot about what is on the Celebrity website and what did Don say and what did FB group say and so on!
Things were different on board and you just go with the flow....that is the best lesson to be learnt instead of worrying and speculating and reading thousands of reports. For instance, the Celebrity website  info states that SXM requires all visitors to test before getting off the ship to visit. Many from our roll call did not want to go through that stress. I understand. But the stress was unnecessary. Onboard it was different. According to the shore excursion crew, they have "negotiated" (exact words) with the SXM authorities about this. We were told that no testing is needed and we can do a shore excursion or go on our own. We did both. Also asked to take a picture of the vaccine card or a copy, just in case some place requires. We went to down town in the morning. Most things were open. Water taxi was running very frequently at very low passanger capacity. They were social distancing. Masks were required but many did not wear. Some places they were asked to cover some not. We wore ours where we felt there were many people and it did not deter our enjoyment. We did a ship excursion t orient beach in the afternoon.... was not planning on it and always do our own in SXM, but I went to listen to the shore excursion presentation and the guy asked me a question. I knew the answer and won one excursion ticket. So we decided to use it and see how the "curated excursions" work. I think we will stick to our own in the future unless required. Question was where is the oldest synagogue in the Caribbean....Curacao of course. Toured the synagogue twice.

In Nassau, we took a taxi to Atlantis. At the gate they ask you to show a pic of vaccine card. We did not stay there long and mostly wandered around the open marina area. Everything there was open (stores and eateries). Everything downtown was closed partly becuase of Sunday. Was told that this is a new order for now that things downtown will remain closed on Sundays. Pharmacy part of one gift shop store was open. Downtown did look like a ghost town. Lot of construction going on at the pier. They are building a new marina and terminal. Some souvenier stalls were open in the immediate port area.

In St Thomas we went down town for a bit. Then we went to Emerald Beach which is closest to Crown Bay. Majority of stores in CB were closed. Most stores were open downtown. Some seemed to be doing really good business from the Edge passengers. I was given varying info on St John ferries.....were not running, were running two times a day only, have to take excursion or rent private boat to get there....yada yada. Was not going there this time, but asked several sources aka the taxi guys, the shore excursion guys, the stores, locals.

No port and shopping talks, no raffles, no $10 special sales, no spa port day special hawking. Peace! But some staff did do a hard push on the dining package the first night. The only time I saw a crowd in the jewelry store was when Captain Kate was presenting her collection. The stores were ridiculously expensive and sold mostly designer stuff...Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tiffany, Cartier, Mary Frances, Lilli Pulitzer, Ribcoff, high end perfumes and the sort. The logo stuff seemed a step up too.

Some people talked about separate areas for unvaccinated....I saw two tables set aside in the Martini Bar and two in Blue......never saw anyone occupying them. Did not notice any in the theater.

Capacity and % vaccinated according to different crew members I asked: 15 hundred something, 1600, between 1500 and 1600.  Vaccinated 98% constant answer.

Pleased you had a great time Arzeena.

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Graham.

• Like 1

So I decided to make some pesto.  I was measuring out the pine nuts, 3/4 cups, when I thought I better check out the recipe.  1/4 cup pine nuts!  So glad I checked.  I thought about adding a little extra but not 3x as much 😜.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As of today, we're "eligible" for a 3rd shot, "thanks" to the Delta variant [for the moment, all 60+].😢

They're talking about giving 50s and over another one in the Autumn at the same time as the annual flu vaccine (in uk)

• Like 4

Went for a our usual walk this morning. It was about 17c (62f) and sunny. These woods are about 15 minutes walk from our house and from this viewpoint you can see all the way to the south downs on a clear day, roughly 50 miles 

20210729_100459.jpg

• Like 17

Was invited down by the newlyweds to share time when they opened their wedding gifts. The DH had to work and I drove down all by myself (😳). 
6 hour drive to Richmond Kentucky. 
I packed up the car with most of her bridal shower gifts and once here have cherished every minute with them. 
Went to Churchhill downs where the Kentucky derby is run, shopping, but more importantly just being together and sharing time. 

Heading home tomorrow. Kentucky traffic is painful. Hopefully on the road by 5 am. 

Take care. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great to hear you had a wonderful cruise.   

That's nice they gave you a free excursion ticket.    Hopefully the weather was good for you too!   Just to be back on a ship has to feel amazing.    Hope my sailing for end of September happens as planned. 

Too cute to hear about Bug and her stroller, hope to meet her and Captain Kate someday. 

Thanks.

Yes, the weather was perfect.

It is great to be back on a ship. Many of my concerns and apprehensions were left at the port.🙂

I am certain you too will have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 4

I forgot to mention....sailing out from FLL we saw a home that had a FLOW RIDER in their yard!!!!!

FlOW RIDER???!!! It was no rinky dink, it was huge enough for me to spot it from far. I looked through the camera as well. Yup it was the real thing.

• Like 2

I am truly blessed by my daughter and new son. 

They were married on Saturday July 17.  Partied till 4 am.  Arose from cat nap at 8. 
Spent time with us. 
Drove back to Kentucky. 
Back to work Monday. 
Got the weekend off for his wedding now that university football training in full swing.  And especially so because they just became D 1. 

Delayed honeymoon over Christmas break if they do not make a bowl game. If they do. Then Honeymoon in January. Looking at Mexico or St Thomas. Depending on the world safety concerns. 

They have been so busy.  They actually want to have something to look forward too. 

😃

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Was invited down by the newlyweds to share time when they opened their wedding gifts. The DH had to work and I drove down all by myself (😳). 
6 hour drive to Richmond Kentucky. 
I packed up the car with most of her bridal shower gifts and once here have cherished every minute with them. 
Went to Churchhill downs where the Kentucky derby is run, shopping, but more importantly just being together and sharing time. 

Heading home tomorrow. Kentucky traffic is painful. Hopefully on the road by 5 am. 

Take care. 

I was wondering about the wedding. I have not caught up on past posts, so sorry I may not have read if you posted. Hope all was wonderful.

It was very nice to share time with your daughter while opening gifts.