Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am enjoying your pictures.  Interesting to see this set on Ovation.  That is the exact same set that is on Anthem for the show called The Gift that gets really bad reviews.  The cruise line actually reworked the show and the last time we saw it, it was much improved.  I wonder if it is actually the same show under a different name.

I was thinking the same.

I did not like The Gift. It was not for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Waiting for the headliner show to start. Tony Tillman. Haven’t seen him before but have heard he’s good. No more blocked rows or seats in the theater. They just ask that you leave open seats between groups. 

Tony was on the Anthem many times. Keep him on the Ovation.😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I was thinking the same.

I did not like The Gift. It was not for me.

We stopped going to it on Anthem because we didn't enjoy it.  We went to a Meet the Stars event in Two70 and the leads said that The Gift had been reworked and people should give it another shot.  We went and it was better but still not our favorite.  They now have a narrator who completely explains what the show is about so you don't walk out going, huh??

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Tony was on the Anthem many times. Keep him on the Ovation.😁

I swear Tony Tilman was following us around ship to ship at one point.  He has been the headliner on way too many of our sailings, we skip him now too.  If it wasn't him, it was Ronn Lucas with the same ventriloquist show. 🤢

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Enjoy your day! Favorite cocktail so far?

That’s easy…Jack and Ginger, since it’s the only cocktail I’ve had so far. Started with beer and switched to J&G for HH and just stayed with it. I’ll get more adventurous today. I did see Blantons in the duty free for $66. Sold. Much better than the $230 that a place near me wants.😱. Can’t find in stock anywhere else by me.  

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I swear Tony Tilman was following us around ship to ship at one point.  He has been the headliner on way too many of our sailings, we skip him now too.  If it wasn't him, it was Ronn Lucas with the same ventriloquist show. 🤢

Now that I’ve seen him once, I’m good. Nice voice and very high energy, but too “Vegasy” for my tastes. Kevin Johnson, also a ventriloquist, is the second headliner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Now that I’ve seen him once, I’m good. Nice voice and very high energy, but too “Vegasy” for my tastes. Kevin Johnson, also a ventriloquist, is the second headliner. 

Good description of him.  He can sing but the show has been exactly the same forever.  We have seen it on the replay on the cabin tv.  If it changed at all, we might give it a shot again.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

George,

We beg to differ .

IMHO, MSC's Pizza was the absolute worst we have ever had! It was was just awful. Perhaps they served an upgraded one in the YC?

Don't remember what Princess pizza tastes like but will definitely try it out in Feb.

We had the pizza in buffet area on seaside less than two years ago , we both thought it was excellent, we could have had it delivered also. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would agree. Too bad it wasn't $66.

When we last sailed in MSc yacht club, you could upgrade drink package for 18 a day and that included any drinks they served, we had way too much Johnny Walker Blue and various XO cognac they also had a nice champagne bar we would visit daily. They allowed doubles also.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

I wish more ships would carry the higher end stuff. Even with cognac Royal stocks mostly VS and VSOP with only one XO and sometimes a Louie XIII. Whiskey and Bourbon are the new wine that people are drinking. I wish more ships would reflect that. I would pay extra.

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish more ships would carry the higher end stuff. Even with cognac Royal stocks mostly VS and VSOP with only one XO and sometimes a Louie XIII. Whiskey and Bourbon are the new wine that people are drinking. I wish more ships would reflect that. I would pay extra.

No bourbon at all on the happy hour menu. 👎

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Need to try MSc yacht club , huge bar in there beautiful lounge with some great selections and if you upgrade no extra cost, basic drink package is included free. My only issue was wine selection was just so so.

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Princess had real New York style pizza🍕

When I was in Houston 15 years ago there was a great tasting pizza.I said to the owner “You must be from NY”.He replied that he and his partner in the business are both from Brooklyn.When I told him that I grew up there he did not charge us for the pizza.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

George,

We beg to differ .

IMHO, MSC's Pizza was the absolute worst we have ever had! It was was just awful. Perhaps they served an upgraded one in the YC?

Don't remember what Princess pizza tastes like but will definitely try it out in Feb.

I have been on 6 cruise lines.One never had pizza.None of the others had tasty pizza except for RCI.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Although there are almost no crowds on the ship this week, the t-shirt sale is still the t-shirt sale. The line to dig through a pile of things that will shrink so much you will only get 2 wearings. 
ADA9F6E9-E06D-4EE5-8973-442B5512A6D3.thumb.jpeg.021217606c6848b750f18aac84536934.jpeg

Are t-shirts still $10?  I never understood the shopping frenzy although I admit to getting sucked into it.  Continue to have a happy cruise.

• Like 2