Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had a job interview and dressed accordingly.  Black unscuffed pumps, low heel, black slacks with a sharp crease down the middle.  A conservative blouse perfectly ironed.  Plain gold chain and small hoop earrings.  Thin watch, no bracelet. Hair perfectly styled.  Minimum makeup.  And the interviewer ?  Ratty jeans, tshirt a size too small, messy hair.  I felt I didn't have to ask if the company had a dress code.  I got the job and never wore that outfit to work ever again.

In 1971 I worked for the US Department of Labor retraining recently returned soldiers from Vietnam.I was told to wear clothes that they could identify with.

• Like 5

In all fairness to @NHProud, they did delete their original post so I'm assuming it was a change of mind after having 2nd thoughts.

I know there are a few posts I've made that I wish I could go back an delete after it was too late, generally speaking.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy,

I saw you post before being "edited", and I assume it was, albeit veiled, about me and a few others who prefer to post a + and a number.

And I'd like to try, at least, to explain MY rationale -- let's take, for example, Maryann ( @Luckynana) post about her DH being positive to Covid. Or, a much lighter and happy "case" -- our resident physician, @Ocean Boy, whom all of us were keen to see him take his long awaited cruise, enjoy it, and return to his office in a timely manner.

What do u do, if you're a daily/weekly participant in this thread? You ignore Maryann's post, even if others have seen it, and already reacted with well wishes? Or, if you're #6 in wishing OB a well deserved cruise?

Until your post, my heart desire was to participate, even if just by posting a + and a number.

May be, after your post, I'll just quote Maryann's initial post and repeat, in words, the well phrased wishes of those before me. There are much more talented and creative posters than me out there.

Dani , my apologies to you .  It wasn’t meant for anyone in particular.  You are a nice person and I regret even posting it and that is why I deleted it .  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

"Hello It's Me" is still my favorite song by Todd Rundgren. 

Love Todd.  Have seen him a bunch.  One of the best concerts ever was Utopia in the old basketball arena at Missouri State back around 1980 or 81.  We last saw him at the Pageant in St Louis about 5 or 6 years ago, and he still had a good voice (well as good as it ever was).  He played a few of his hits, but he played about an equal amount of Loren Greene (Bonanza) and other oddball stuff.  Told a bunch of stories including one about being invited to Daft Punk’s big night at the Grammys because they covered some of his songs.  He said, if he had thought of their helmet gig he would never stop touring, because he could stay home and hire anyone to do his gigs.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was always told you should dress one step above the job you are interviewing for.  In this example, you were a few steps - or a couple of staircases - above the job you were interviewing for.

In 1968 I went for a job interview .I wore a suit and tie .However,I had a beard .The interviewer told me that the job is mine but I would have to remove the beard.I said that I would not do that.

In 1972 I again went for a job interview wearing a suit and tie but I had a long beard and shoulder length hair.I was hired immediately and worked for the company 25 years.

My parents were not thrilled by me having facial hair or my ponytail but they never harped on it.

At age 84 my father grew a beard and kept it till he passed away.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

In all fairness to @NHProud, they did delete their original post so I'm assuming it was a change of mind after having 2nd thoughts.

I know there are a few posts I've made that I wish I could go back an delete after it was too late, generally speaking.

Many people I am sure can say that about any message board they post on.😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So in preparation for my upcoming knee replacement I have to stop all anti inflammatory meds that I normally take for my knee. Oh boy I can tell the difference those meds make. I can barely walk now or get up without both knees throbbing in pain. Any pain I will have after the surgery can’t be as bad as this right now.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

So in preparation for my upcoming knee replacement I have to stop all anti inflammatory meds that I normally take for my knee. Oh boy I can tell the difference those meds make. I can barely walk now or get up without both knees throbbing in pain. Any pain I will have after the surgery can’t be as bad as this right now.

Hang in there.  You will be right as rain soon.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Love Todd.  Have seen him a bunch.  One of the best concerts ever was Utopia in the old basketball arena at Missouri State back around 1980 or 81.  We last saw him at the Pageant in St Louis about 5 or 6 years ago, and he still had a good voice (well as good as it ever was).  He played a few of his hits, but he played about an equal amount of Loren Greene (Bonanza) and other oddball stuff.  Told a bunch of stories including one about being invited to Daft Punk’s big night at the Grammys because they covered some of his songs.  He said, if he had thought of their helmet gig he would never stop touring, because he could stay home and hire anyone to do his gigs.  

That sounds like Todd. IMO, always a bit odd. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Until your post, my heart desire was to participate, even if just by posting a + and a number.

May be, after your post, I'll just quote Maryann's initial post and repeat, in words, the well phrased wishes of those before me. There are much more talented and creative posters than me out there.

Oh Dani,  please continue to participate to your heart's desire.   I for one, am thankful that you taught me how to multi-quote, to post a + and a number, etc.   If if wasn't for you, there never would have been this wonderful and loving thread with so many special contributors...our friends!!!  Please don't ever sell yourself short by saying that there are more talented and creative posters than you out there.  Please know how loved you are by just about every one of us on this thread.  I thank you, Dani!  You are special!❤️Love you, kid!!❤️

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1968 I went for a job interview .I wore a suit and tie .However,I had a beard .The interviewer told me that the job is mine but I would have to remove the beard.I said that I would not do that.

In 1972 I again went for a job interview wearing a suit and tie but I had a long beard and shoulder length hair.I was hired immediately and worked for the company 25 years.

In 1970 I got drafted and I was told I should really cut my hair (middle of my back) before showing up for basic training. I didn't and those bastards shaved all my hair off and to add insult I had to pay for it!! I didn't recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear you are in such pain without your meds, Greg.  Five more days, my friend.  You are almost there!  You can do this!😉

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am being good so I am still here.  A picture of Samantha being good.  She has been very active lately not in a well behaved way.  I finished the hat below and she tried to kill the pom pom twice so far.  I need to make a new pom pom this weekend and switch it out for the "dead" one.

1879435032_Samantha2.thumb.jpeg.893c02468ea0873fe134d67efaa34281.jpeghat.thumb.jpeg.6d174740785cc73ab5f4b8235841d93f.jpeg

Samantha is a beauty!     Love seeing her photos🥰     guess she is in the terrible two phase...

Great job on the knit hat - very pretty colors!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The weather here in Ft Lauderdale is perfect but we’ve become less than happy with our air bnb.  When we first arrived it appeared small but very clean.  The next morning when I went to shower I found two long black hairs in the tub 🥴.  The unit was also advertised as having a washer/dryer.  It does but the washer is in a shed outside and you have to do something with the drainage hose to use it, and the rusty dryer is outside the shed 🤨.  Anyway, I gave the bathroom a good cleaning myself and we’re moving to the Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  More $$ but worth it at this point.  
In news from home, our youngest granddaughter who turned one last month just tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully just cold symptoms and praying it stays that way.  The almost 3 yr old had the exact same symptoms but tested negative.  
Hope everyone that was in the path of the most recent storm made it through okay with no power outages. 

Uggh!  Deb,  Sorry to hear about the troubles with the rental.    I would make sure to post a review on their site about the unit.   And sorry to hear your new Granddaughter has covid.   Poor baby!   

Hope they feel better soon.

Hope you are able to relax and enjoy your holiday at the Resort😍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had one job that I posted about previously where I wore tee shirts and jeans.That was for the US Government .

When my Father was a mailman for the USPS it was mandatory for all mailman to wear a tie with their uniform everyday.      Definitely much more relaxed nowadays with their uniforms.

• Like 2

@dani negreanu I think everyone is just on edge with more than two years of this craziness, the winter blues, way too many storms and a multitude of other things that are effecting all of our lives right now and somedays, CC is not the solace that people are looking for and our fingers get carried away.

I am constantly amazed at your eloquent posts, always seeming to know how to say the right thing at the right time, in a language that isn't your native language.  

Please just continue to be the you that we have all come to know and look forward to "talking" to and sharing our routine day with. 🙂 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

In 1970 I got drafted and I was told I should really cut my hair (middle of my back) before showing up for basic training. I didn't and those bastards shaved all my hair off and to add insult I had to pay for it!! I didn't recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. 😁

I stupidly got haircut before being drafted in 1969 , then got the same super short crew cut that I had to pay for a week later , I think cost was about a buck . One of the happiest days of my life was when I got discharged two years later. I was lucky because of my computer background I worked a computer job and avoided Vietnam.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg, Feb. 9th will be here in a few short days and the pain you're going through will be a distant memory. Keep strong!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Dani,  please continue to participate to your heart's desire.   I for one, am thankful that you taught me how to multi-quote, to post a + and a number, etc.   If if wasn't for you, there never would have been this wonderful and loving thread with so many special contributors...our friends!!!  Please don't ever sell yourself short by saying that there are more talented and creative posters than you out there.  Please know how loved you are by just about every one of us on this thread.  I thank you, Dani!  You are special!❤️Love you, kid!!❤️

Totally agree❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't want to post this because it's more gross than anything anyone found in a ship cabin or hotel room.

Our friends were cruising with us.  She banged on my door to let me know there was blood on her bed sheet.  In two places.  I rushed into her cabin and it looked like blood to me.  GS sent someone who said "it's probably wine".  Of course he changed the bedding. 

How's that for an EWWW moment?  I would bet the farm it wasn't wine.

To further my computer issues, my keyboard touchpad does not work.  All of a sudden!  No mouse, no touchpad.  So grateful I have a touchscreen laptop.  Tomorrow comes the new mouse!!  

And yes I restarted my computer.  Nada.

Phew, it started working on its own.  I did nothing.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Today at 7am, we tested negative!  Whoop whoop cruise- here we come!  I dropped the dogs off at my mom’s, helped her negotiate her new car deal (after her last car was totaled in a bad accident- she is ok), and now I’m back home doing last minute pre-cruise things 🙂

Safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Are you allowed to use any of your good bourbon as a pain killer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2