Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

You took a picture without showcasing her tail!!  I want to see floof!

Here is the floof you requested:

First the junior version

801291217_Annabel8.thumb.jpeg.e8459ef67a5d46efa125027715b54d3b.jpeg 

Then the Samantha version.

1432209526_Samantha13.thumb.jpeg.4a0da68de4ae52ae9d4c9e05068c70b9.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Sadly, I have nothing to offer... I've been swimming almost daily for the last 35 years, in chlorinated pools. Never had any rash. May be this week they've administered a very high dosage by mistake?

We're also supposed to shower before entering the pool, so I assume any cream will be rinsed out??

I wish I could swim , I have been on more than 70 cruises and have a pool in the backyard but can’t swim. Will be in the pool for sure today , Dallas will be 105 this afternoon.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well. I have a question for you. So lately I have been combining my exercising with doing swimming everyday at our neighborhood pool. I've gone every day this week and noticed last night a horrible rash on my feet and arms. After researching, I think it is chlorine rash as this is the first time I have spent that much time in a pool. I'm reading that there are several creams or lotions you can apply before going into a chlorinated pool. Have any of you experienced this and if so what did you use for prevention and care?

“ Horrible rash “ calls for a professional diagnosis , treatment and future prevention.  Your doc’s office may just ask you to e-mail a photo .  

• Like 3

On 7/6/2022 at 5:21 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

I love all things Royal too.  Watched all the weddings you mentioned and cried during Di’s funeral coverage.  Enjoyed watching the Queen’s Jubilee footage recently.

Enjoyed seeing the The Royal Mews (horse carriages), the Crown Jewels at Tower of London and visiting Buckingham Palace Staterooms during their summer openings, whilst in London a few years back.  Have you visited them?

I’ve visited at one time or another just about everything in London. 
Nit the State rooms at Buckingham Palace, though. I wasn’t there in the summer. 
I was there not king after Diana’s death, though. 
On a stair landing in Harrod’s was a little shrine. A large framed photo of Diana and one of Dodi, a large flower arrangement, and a large padlocked box with a slot in the top and a little sign saying Donations!!!

We walked to Kensington Palace and saw hundreds of sheaves of flowers attached to the gates. 
That was such a sad time, and still is, for me. 
BBC was setting up for some kind of presentation or interview. 
We were on an 8 hour layover on the way to Kenya, so had to move on. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, NHProud said:

“ Horrible rash “ calls for a professional diagnosis , treatment and future prevention.  Your doc’s office may just ask you to e-mail a photo .  

Future prevention:  is find a pool with a salt generator that produces chlorine gases to keep the pool clean. Much safer, also doesn't bleach out your hair or swim suits and doesn't burn your eyes.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, George C said:

I wish I could swim , I have been on more than 70 cruises and have a pool in the backyard but can’t swim. Will be in the pool for sure today , Dallas will be 105 this afternoon.

Why can't you go in the pool? Go in with a life jacket if you have to? How tall are you and how deep is the pool? You could just go in and walk around on the shallow end.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I need to get up. Jade seems to think otherwise.20220707_201242.thumb.jpg.1518dd4e527fec893e04eb62b6bef91a.jpg

20220707_201235.thumb.jpg.86236cd4ad147f7401e220775d567e1d.jpg

Love the shape of her face.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Here is the floof you requested:

First the junior version

801291217_Annabel8.thumb.jpeg.e8459ef67a5d46efa125027715b54d3b.jpeg 

Then the Samantha version.

1432209526_Samantha13.thumb.jpeg.4a0da68de4ae52ae9d4c9e05068c70b9.jpeg

Now we’re talking with that floof.

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why can't you go in the pool? Go in with a life jacket if you have to? How tall are you and how deep is the pool? You could just go in and walk around on the shallow end.

He does go in he just can’t swim.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No I go to the pool daily , at home and always in a pool while I am on cruises, luckily I am 6’4” and most ships pools are not over my head , my backyard pool is just over 4 ft deep.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have our first NE cruise coming up in October, leaving from Boston.  It will be something different for us, and will be a nice getaway after our summer with the grandkids. 

We have stops in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine, plus St John, NB and Halifax, NS. 

The only thing I have booked so far is Acadia National Park when we are in Bar Harbor.  

I have read about Peggy’s cove in Halifax, and may book an excursion there. 

For anyone who has been to these ports, any recommendations?   I usually have time to research, but it seems my free time is limited this summer. 

We have been to all of these places numerous times by ship as well as by car.The first time we were in St.John’s,NB was in 1976.We were illegally parked and only found out when we were leaving and a police officer came to the car and asked if we were tourists .When we said yes he gave us a Free Parking card to put on the car to park anywhere in the area.

The last time we were to any of the places you listed was 2013.

When the ship we were on docked we walked to the Visitors Information desk.There was a guy with a guitar singing and selling CD’s for $5.00.I bought one and became a huge fan of Don Campbell.

Peggy’s Cove is a very nice area.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The only thing I have booked so far is Acadia National Park when we are in Bar Harbor.  

By far the most beautiful place we saw on this cruise. It was incredible.

We were pretty lucky. Too many people signed up for a tour so there weren't enough seats on the 2 buses. The tour group stepped in and also took a small groups of people in smaller cars. Just 4 of us. It was like a private tour and everyone had a window seat.

I think you will love it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:
How do you remove wax stains from brick?

From Brick: First of all, don't rub it in – that will only succeed in spreading it around. Instead, freeze the wax and then scrape it away with an old butter knife or similar tool. After scraping away all you can, you may need to go back with a little Goo Gone to remove the rest.

Here is photo of the residue that remains after I scrapped off the wax.20220708_104249.thumb.jpg.f58049c60556602c0c3c60ee056d7e3d.jpg20220708_104126.thumb.jpg.0b9c5c1df346ae846e9810952170e09f.jpg

i read on google to use a hot iron with a towel to absorb the oil then use wire brush with white vinegar.   Guess I'll be ironing my patio this weekend😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Afternoon was a perfect day on the lake with our grandkids.  

First up, call some geese over to feed

5610C0F6-AA75-4438-BD4E-92DE3BFD2AA7.thumb.jpeg.3d2f7de838c1159b83f7a40423565919.jpeg

There were quite a few

A94665CC-E1E6-4D0F-8FB9-7211E2046C2D.thumb.jpeg.e5558ef5beba36b6156731c8d2443b50.jpeg

E4DCC160-6EA1-4C05-A3F4-226277823658.thumb.jpeg.42f52780110e464edefc41931657e60b.jpeg

Then time for some tube fun

C6D14665-34BC-4F30-A1E1-762518C897E6.thumb.jpeg.6b6fd20f31b1e8483212bcf393b62e6f.jpeg

It is a tight squeeze with two in the tube.  All the kids are getting to that age where they want a faster ride. 

Your CA GS seems much more at ease in and near the water this summer.   Looks like lots of fun😃

I would love a ride on inner tube on a warm summer day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have our first NE cruise coming up in October, leaving from Boston.  It will be something different for us, and will be a nice getaway after our summer with the grandkids. 

We have stops in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine, plus St John, NB and Halifax, NS. 

For anyone who has been to these ports, any recommendations?   I usually have time to research, but it seems my free time is limited this summer. 

We've been to all these ports + PEI + Quebec. We don't do ship excursions, only in rare occasions.

Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor) -- We wanted to see Cadillac Mountain and Jordan lake. We couldn't find one tour to both. Took the free "Island Explorer" bus for Jordan lake, and a thunder hole. The bus has frequent stops, and you can get on and off. Then, in the afternoon, we booked with "Ollie's trolley" a tour just for Cadillac Mountain. Between the 2 tours, we had a nice lobster roll at West Cafe.

Portland - we went to the museum and just strolled around.

Halifax -- we wanted very much to see Peggy Cove, but, at the same time understood that if it will rain, the place is slippery.... so we decided to book on arrival. Luckily, it was a nice day. Just at the pier there is a taxi station, with rates per hour (50$ or 50 CAD, in 2017). We took a taxi for 3 hours, which got us to Peggy Cove, we spent an hour taking pics and just wandering about, and then back at Halifax, our friends opted for the Fortress, and we -- for the botanical garden.

I think that at St. John we just went to see the local market. We tend to go to local markets everywhere.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is photo of the residue that remains after I scrapped off the wax.20220708_104249.thumb.jpg.f58049c60556602c0c3c60ee056d7e3d.jpg20220708_104126.thumb.jpg.0b9c5c1df346ae846e9810952170e09f.jpg

i read on google to use a hot iron with a towel to absorb the oil then use wire brush with white vinegar.   Guess I'll be ironing my patio this weekend😁

Maybe try a power washer if you have one..............might get it off, also might make you power wash the entire patio. 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe try a power washer if you have one..............might get it off, also might make you power wash the entire patio. 🤣

Yes, I just pressured washed the patio beginning of June.   

I think I'll try the iron first-line it is oily and then bring out pressure washer, maybe attach the surface cleaner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We’ve visited Portland a few times by car.  It’s a great little town for a walkabout, lots of cute shops, bars & seafood restaurants,  I believe you can do whale watch trips from there.  You can also do a tour of the Shipyard Brewery (or just visit).  There’s the Maine College of Art & Design downtown too. I don’t know if they have anything open to the public.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now in my first life I was a sacristan on the alter and had to clean up after mass, dust, polish vacuum.

We had to get the wax from candles that burned from the choir members holding as they sang and purposefully dripped it every where, hands feet, carpet floor.

Then we got wax paper and the iron,

put the wax paper over the dried wax on marble and carpet (Usually 3 layers) melted let dry and lifted.

When we were done we just vacuumed the carpet if needed and washed the tile as needed.

Good luck with your concrete.

It sounds like the towel will absorb and lift the wax.

Take care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve visited at one time or another just about everything in London. 
Nit the State rooms at Buckingham Palace, though. I wasn’t there in the summer. 
I was there not king after Diana’s death, though. 
On a stair landing in Harrod’s was a little shrine. A large framed photo of Diana and one of Dodi, a large flower arrangement, and a large padlocked box with a slot in the top and a little sign saying Donations!!!

We walked to Kensington Palace and saw hundreds of sheaves of flowers attached to the gates. 
That was such a sad time, and still is, for me. 
BBC was setting up for some kind of presentation or interview. 
We were on an 8 hour layover on the way to Kenya, so had to move on. 

I still remember the footage of that sea of flowers after Diana’s death.  Such an outpouring of grief from the general public.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We cruised from Québec to Ft Lauderdale in Oct 2019 . We hit the peak time for the foliage at its best . 

Halifax

Citadel 

Peggy’s Cove 

Public Garden 

* Fairview Cemetery  Victims of Titanic rest here . 

St John’s

Reversing Falls

Portland , ME

Art Museum 

Cape Elizabeth 

Bar Harbor

tour Cadillac Mt was foggy 

PEI

Green Gables 

Boston :  We’ve traveled here on business ( my husband ) , I was born 50 miles north and this port stop . 

Kennedy Library

Faneuil Hall

Cheers 

Freedom Trail

Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

Museum of Fine Arts

We took a private tour to Marblehead and Salem . We looked at the exterior of some very old historical homes and visited Salem .  We toured the cemetery where some alleged witches are buried. 

What impressed me the most was my getting into a very remarkable dining hall at Harvard .  

62A6A107-6801-40A0-9B63-07BB5C04357D.jpeg

9B041025-4821-4C6A-884D-2EE330967A81.jpeg

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 12

On our New England cruise we had spent 2 days in New York, walked the Freedom Trail in Boston so when we got to Portland we took a tour that took us out to an orchard.  We just can't do too many days in a row of big cities.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Green Peppers from the Garden and Beef from the Half of Cow we bought from a near by farm

Stuffed Peppers

20220708_153851.jpg

20220708_162425.jpg

When I make stuffed peppers I brown the meat with some chopped onion then simmer in tomato sauce (homemade if I have) with some rice for about 20 minutes.     Then I stuff the peppers and fill up the rest of the pan with the meat sauce and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.   

Did you stuff your peppers with raw or cooked meat?

• Like 4

On 7/7/2022 at 7:49 AM, Arzeena said:

Yes, I did too. Intriguing and magical.

But the Crown jewels, I was expecting more opulance and wow. This was years  ago so I am not sure what it is now.

Years ago, they were dull,  no sparkle.
Then a new room was created with the best possible lighting. 
what a huge difference that made. 
I went from unimpressed to wanting to grab and run!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was going to mention white vinegar as my mother swears by it but I didn't want to say something snd then have it ness up your pavers. BTW, I really like the look of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1