Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

With all the safety protocols I was surprised to see the worker in the 1st picture serving up food not wearing gloves . 

Gloves sometimes give a false sense of security.  I was at the dentist yesterday and the hygienist put on gloves , adjusted the light and proceeded to work on my teeth.  When she finished she pushed back the light and then took off her gloves.  How many times a day does she do this ? Does she sanitize the light between patients ?   Same thing at the deli counter . The clerk puts on the gloves and touches the counter , the case , equipment and sometimes the food and maybe their face and hair.  

• Like 9

Beautiful photos ,  Andrew ! 

About gloves , once upon a time ,  my husband was going through airport security and the TSA agent was about to inspect his bag .  He requested he change his gloves first which he did.  However, he made my husband pay for it by taking his time .... ever so slowly he went through every item in the bag .  

My husband and I have four years of microbiology courses between us so sensitive to these issues.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Seven negatives!  Thank goodness, my nerves are shot😳This was one thing the city of New York did right.  Free Covid testing with printout.  Nice air conditioned van. Under an hour all seven of us were done. It would have been quicker but we had to set up accounts.  Now I am off to the dentist.

That's great. Too bad you have to now go to the dentist. I hate dentist's they stress me out. I have a thing about someone else's hand and tools put in my mouth. The feeling of the scraping when they clean your teeth is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Good luck.

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog  So very sad for you !  Keep those memories close . 

Thank you Judy. You are so right.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Very nicely said. I can't add anything as eloquently so I'll just give a +1 for @Sea Dog

Thank you so much.

45 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Gloves sometimes give a false sense of security.  I was at the dentist yesterday and the hygienist put on gloves , adjusted the light and proceeded to work on my teeth.  When she finished she pushed back the light and then took off her gloves.  How many times a day does she do this ? Does she sanitize the light between patients ?   Same thing at the deli counter . The clerk puts on the gloves and touches the counter , the case , equipment and sometimes the food and maybe their face and hair.  

I never thought about that you are so right. Makes no sense.

@A&L_Ont Fantastic pictures Andrew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's great. Too bad you have to now go to the dentist. I hate dentist's they stress me out. I have a thing about someone else's hand and tools put in my mouth. The feeling of the scraping when they clean your teeth is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Good luck.

I Iove getting my teeth cleaned. The only problem is sometimes I start to fall asleep.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I Iove getting my teeth cleaned. The only problem is sometimes I start to fall asleep.

I bow down to you. Wow I could never do that. I'm so tense the whole time. After I get out of the chair I feel like I've gotten beaten up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Me too!  It's like having someone finally scratching that itch that won't go away. Feels so much better afterwards.  I'd go once a month if I could.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

I understand your point of view totally, but I would still rather see a server wear gloves when handling my food.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

@harryfat1 congee?

Sorry, I don’t know how to isolate one photo for quoting!

Very nice.  Yes, congee is the correct answer or others call it rice porridge - maybe not exactly what Goldilocks ate with the 3 bears but similar.

Basic Asian breakfast staple - similar to Americans eating Oatmeal. Princess makes it with ginger and chicken. Warms you up in the morning.  Great for Alaska excursions to get you going.  Maybe won't be as popular in Caribbean in August...

We have only seen this previously on Princess cruise 20 years ago and saw it again this time as Princess sails worldwide so they are most accustomed to serve non western food taste. Maybe Ovation of the Seas might have it when they are over in Asia.

The worker hand you a bowl and then you add whatever condiments you like.  The fish - bonito - flakes deserves its own explanation. It's used on various Asian dishes. It's shaved paper thin such that the heat and steam of the food will make it sway. Very mesmerizing to watch the movement. 

20220810_074736.thumb.jpg.d4a439c2977ca12794fa1af1071f32b1.jpg

20220810_074721.thumb.jpg.e5e927df8ac46214a22a7452b1c48194.jpg

20220811_080952.thumb.jpg.7c4f48e742dee38e4b01b5714358f37a.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

An excellent whirlwind vacation … A very good time is had by all.

Entertaining the grandsons in the kiddie pool.

845387B3-5B4E-4D99-9728-550C046C219F.jpeg

A Cypriotic evening with traditional dances. Of course I joined in, and one of the dancers decided to dance with me…

Edited by dani negreanu
spaces
  • Like 34

I was just there on Tuesday, for two cavities. One on the bottom right and upper left jaw. Nothing beats the flavour of tooth dust in the back on your throat. Ugh. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Almost Apple picking time for our Apple Tree.

Not sure if you can notice or not but not many apples on the low branches because the deer standing up on their hind legs flicking the apples off the branches.

20220824_181750.jpg

20220824_181804.jpg

20220824_181816.jpg

20220824_181829.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

Our friend/neighbor had his 51st birthday today.  He and his wife celebrate their birthday weeks, not just the specific day.  Amongst the many activities this week, they chartered a local catamaran last night for a sunset cruise and invited a few friends.  It was overcast so the sunset was almost non-existent, but we still had a great time being out on the water.  Moral of the story...having friends with a boat (owned OR chartered) is a great thing.

APC_2865.thumb.JPG.cc98bac50a87b2635b435295e8feaba0.JPG

APC_2866.thumb.JPG.4777a6bcae12918cbfe25b3e55aaeb8b.JPG

APC_2867.thumb.JPG.3d2b593dfd4f0c251fae95c58e8e6ecd.JPG

APC_2870.thumb.JPG.0cd52667dcfab2613c2b88e4e8be1975.JPG

Below is the northern most point of Amelia Island where Fort Clinch is located.  Cool place to visit.

IMG_8978.thumb.JPG.2b495d0626c732c04dd45c07ba7175a4.JPG

And just north of Amelia Island is Cumberland Island, home of wild horses.  You can't tell from the picture but there are several horses near the beach.  We saw a photo of Cumberland horses walking down a trail on the island in a photographers shop a few months ago and Micheline had to have a copy for our house (bottom below).  The Greyfield Inn is also located on Cumberland Island.  This is where JFK Jr got married.  We plan to spend a night or two there at some point so that we can better explore the island.

APC_2868.thumb.JPG.7b013d161fc6a10e957b707db7147a32.JPG

APC_2873.thumb.JPG.02eea92a6733692f2fba7cb4efd32574.JPG

• Like 17

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Me too!  It's like having someone finally scratching that itch that won't go away. Feels so much better afterwards.  I'd go once a month if I could.

Same here.

I go every 2 months.  Insurance stops covering about 2/3 of the way through the year but I just pay out of pocket for the last few visits

• Like 5