Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

So yesterday I received two orders of the testing kits. The morning ones were our order complete from September 8 th. Now what is confusing is we got a second order we did not pay for and came with the card. Anyone else get this? 

37D221EE-44F3-4614-BB3B-3F130FC33DBF.jpeg

We didn’t get a kit.

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Here the only place I have to wear a mask is the vet's office.  Everyone else has signs saying recommended but not mandatory.  Just took a trip to and from Texas to pick up my kitten and no place we stopped at required masks either.  

1566957624_Samantha1.thumb.jpeg.0fa036b2194b8c688cd9e6d9b5cb9288.jpeg

What an absolute cutie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have Sparky that will only eat cat food, he has no interest in people food, not even canned tuna.     Then we have Eva that we call the "scraper" as she will eat just about anything and she is the petite one.   I discovered this summer that she loves mushrooms.      One of our previous cats loved green beans and olives.

We have never fed our cats human food. They are always curious what we are eating and will usually sniff it and then turn their noses up. The one thing that really sets off one of our cats is pork rinds. I think she would eat them if allowed. It’s really weird how she will try to paw at the bag. She doesn’t do that for anything else.

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

But it is still here.

Unfortunately with to much of it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WOW, Bob!  This is amazing!  I've never gone to a College Football game.  This band is more than impressive.  Thank you for sharing.  I truly enjoyed watching.

College bands are alway great.

But here's a little something I really enjoy

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Enjoy your sailing.  Is this one 3 or 4 nights?  Are you staying on for the next one?

The first one was 4 nights and this one is 3 nights. I was about 90% sure I was going to book the next one. Mike then got his schedule for October and he has the first 11 days off and the 6 days off starting on the 18th. We have an Odyssey cruise on the 17th and then I booked one on the 3rd. To replace the 4 day cruise that I’m not taking on here I decided to book the cruise in between the first and second Odyssey cruise. 😁 I’ll be on her from the 3rd till the 23rd. I decided since I was at it I might as well book another cruise so we now have a Wonder OTS booked for March. 🛳 🥂

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have never fed our cats human food. They are always curious what we are eating and will usually sniff it and then turn their noses up. The one thing that really sets off one of our cats is pork rinds. I think she would eat them if allowed. It’s really weird how she will try to paw at the bag. She doesn’t do that for anything else.

Unfortunately with to much of it.

When we had our last cat from 1985 to 2004 she had a chair at the kitchen table.She would sit on it just like a person and use her two front paws to pick up the food.Her favorites were marshmallows and cotton candy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

OH...IO is also used as a greeting, often between people who don't know each other.  I was walking somewhere the other day with an Ohio State golf shirt on.   As I walked by a random stranger, he said "OH".  I was required by law to respond appropriately.

The stadium cheer is a little different.  The student section in the end zone start by yelling O and forming an O with their arms.  One sideline, moving counter-clockwise, yells H and puts both arms straight up, the opposite endzone section yells I with both arms straight up forming an I, and the final sideline section yells O with arms making an O.  That continues around in a circle until the fans tire of it.

One of the things I like about Ohio State games is the respect for the band.  The stadium is often full early to watch the band make their entrance, which ends with the script Ohio and the dotting of the "i".  It's a cool tradition and a tremendous honor to be selected to dot the i.  

They truly are TBDBITL.

The granddaughter of one of my friends ,a recent Ohio State graduate was a cheerleader at the school.My friend often attended home football games said there was nothing like an Ohio State football game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The granddaughter of one of my friends ,a recent Ohio State graduate was a cheerleader at the school.My friend often attended home football games said there was nothing like an Ohio State football game.

I agree, but I'm sure that you can say the same about many college football teams.  I enjoy college games a lot more than NFL games.  The traditions involved are great.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When we had our last cat from 1985 to 2004 she had a chair at the kitchen table.She would sit on it just like a person and use her two front paws to pick up the food.Her favorites were marshmallows and cotton candy.

Amazing that a cat can eat marshmallows and cotton candy and still live for 19 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree, but I'm sure that you can say the same about many college football teams.  I enjoy college games a lot more than NFL games.  The traditions involved are great.

I spend three months of every year living on the sideline of a high school football field and I would take that over an NFL game any day.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My friend was number one rated high school football player in the entire US in 1958 and could have gone to any college to pursue a football career.He chose Richmond.He often says that he wished that he went to Ohio St.

Edited by lenquixote66

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I spend three months of every year living on the sideline of a high school football field and I would take that over an NFL game any day.

The high school that I went to had the most beautiful football field in NYC but we did not have a football team.I have no idea why.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WOW, Bob!  This is amazing!  I've never gone to a College Football game.  This band is more than impressive.  Thank you for sharing.  I truly enjoyed watching.

Ohio State's band is considered "The Best Damn Band In The Land" (TBDBITL).  They've done some amazing halftime shows with tributes to Blockbuster movies, 9/11 heroes, video games, etc.  Their moving formations on the field are incredible.  My favorite has to be the Michael Jackson tribute where the band formed a huge version of Michael doing a moonwalk.  Check YouTube...lots of halftime shows posted there.  Also posted is an interesting "documentary" called TBDBITL 141.  It's about 2 hours long and talks about the 141st edition of the band.

• Like 2

As much as I love Ohio State, Virginia Tech has a pretty awesome entrance tradition with Enter Sandman from Metallica.  Although the song is older than all of the players and probably all of the students, it gets them really pumped up. 

Very different from Enter Sandman, but I also really like the newer tradition at Iowa where they wave to kids in the nearby Children's Hospital at the end of the 1st quarter.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The first one was 4 nights and this one is 3 nights. I was about 90% sure I was going to book the next one. Mike then got his schedule for October and he has the first 11 days off and the 6 days off starting on the 18th. We have an Odyssey cruise on the 17th and then I booked one on the 3rd. To replace the 4 day cruise that I’m not taking on here I decided to book the cruise in between the first and second Odyssey cruise. 😁 I’ll be on her from the 3rd till the 23rd. I decided since I was at it I might as well book another cruise so we now have a Wonder OTS booked for March. 🛳 🥂

Oh that will be so awesome to be on Odyssey for 20 or 21 days.  

We are looking at maybe booking one of the Wonder ots sailings before she heads to Europe.  Looks like an amazing ship, so does Odyssey.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

As much as I love Ohio State, Virginia Tech has a pretty awesome entrance tradition with Enter Sandman from Metallica.  Although the song is older than all of the players and probably all of the students, it gets them really pumped up. 

Very different from Enter Sandman, but I also really like the newer tradition at Iowa where they wave to kids in the nearby Children's Hospital at the end of the 1st quarter.

Middle DD went to West Virginia University. We attended a game one Family Weekend and were amazed at the size of the stadium. Youngest DD went to Virginia Tech, their stadium seemed even more impressive. We never got to a game there. She hated being so far from home and transferred to Univ of RI after her first semester.  URI’s stadium is….less than impressive LOL.  
Oldest DD went to Roanoke College in VA, very small school - I don’t think they even have a football team. 
Virginia Tech is one of the most beautiful campuses, and between all three girls we visited many when they were considering schools. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Middle DD went to West Virginia University. We attended a game one Family Weekend and were amazed at the size of the stadium. Youngest DD went to Virginia Tech, their stadium seemed even more impressive. We never got to a game there. She hated being so far from home and transferred to Univ of RI after her first semester.  URI’s stadium is….less than impressive LOL.  
Oldest DD went to Roanoke College in VA, very small school - I don’t think they even have a football team. 
Virginia Tech is one of the most beautiful campuses, and between all three girls we visited many when they were considering schools. 

One of my son in laws graduated University of Virginia.A niece graduated Virginia Tech 

• CC Help Michell changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)