Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

It was too funny. I have a first edition paperback of George Lucas's "Star Wars" novel. Drawn characters on the front cover. I read it, good sci-fi, and maybe a year or two later everyone was talking about the movie. When I watched the movie, all I could think was, I know this story!  

I went back to the book cabinet, and there it was. :classic_smile: A little thin sci-fi novel entitled Star Wars. 

It is amazing what the franchise has become. :classic_biggrin:

Not the same thing but similiar.Many years ago my fathers best friend was working at a NY hotel that had a recording studio.A young man came there to record a demo.Afterward the people there gave the demo to my fathers friend.In the belief that the singer would never make it he gave the demo to my father.My father played it and had a different opinion.The demo is in my record cabinet .The singer is Tony Bennett.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Did that limo take Molly straight to the ER ?  Her cardiologist must have been on standby.

Unless I misunderstood, she ate 216 ounces = 13.5 lbs of steak in 20 minutes?  I could eat three shrimp cocktails and 3 salads but that's about it for me.

Do they actually keep the food down or does it come back up after eating so much? I just can’t imagine something like that and for only $5,000.00? No way.

Edited by ReneeFLL

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Tonight Dick and I celebrated our 60th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 
We can’t eat like we used to, but everything we did eat was delicious. My ribeye was perfect, but I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days!

Lots of leftovers for both of us. 
or I should call them planovers. 

F2A25173-28B0-4614-AD1E-604BA3427487.jpeg

2C9E3B80-2FE4-43C0-B488-FDCBA632B6F0.jpeg

E01AF759-68B9-4918-BEB7-E05BB57EAFB2.jpeg

7A3565CD-37D1-4FCF-A8EC-4F43583B5AAC.jpeg

Congrats to a beautiful couple on reaching such a milestone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha picture.  She crawled into one of my knitting baskets to take a nap.  Being my sweet Samantha she didn't mess up the yarn just took a nap.  LOL

1498877117_Samantha3.thumb.jpeg.ae53d94c617a28b43eef67a606fb2714.jpeg

So cute.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A lot of people love her because she is a small ship with a crew that is very personable.    I think max capacity is just under 2000, which is one reason we enjoy.  She only has chops, giovannis and Izumi so a lot of people that want more choices, arent happy.  

She doesnt have all the extras like flowrider, sports court, no promenade,, but she is a nice small ship that is easy to get around.  I always felt the crew was able to get to know you better and go above and beyond.

Sounds like we might have to give her a try. I’m perfectly happy without all the fancy bells and whistles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts. 
There were plenty of bumps in the road over 60 years, but we weathered them all, so far.
We’re fortunate that our children live within an hour, even though the next generation seems to stay where they graduated from college!

We lost our youngest to opioid abuse, but his twin daughters and their husbands and little ones live close by. 

Life overall has been good to us; retirement brought time to travel, so we have visited all 50 states, 7 provinces, and at last count, 34 countries. 

We’ve seen and done things our younger selves never dreamed of. 
Cruising and Cruise Critic have added so much to our lives.
I enjoy each and every one of you, love reading the minutiae of your lives, and feel like we’re friends, even though I haven’t met you. 
Mimi

Mimi, just wanted to tell you that I always enjoy your posts but not as much as this one. 

Continue to enjoy in good health, both of you, all that life has to offer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you, Dani.   

Things have been crazy around here lately, and I see I am already 66 pages behind.  Not even any pictures to post at the moment.  Hopefully next week things will slow down for me.  

I am sure I will be catching up on lots of adventures, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Glad to see you're catching up in here.  Lots to catch up even if you are AWOL for a few hours! This is a much loved, fast moving thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife,home now post surgery is on home rehab for 3 to 4 weeks.She is on bed rest now for the most part.

Our daughters come here after work to prepare our meals for the following day and do laundry.

Pleased to hear your dear wife is home Lenny after her operation.

Sending prayers 🙏 for a quick and full recovery.

Graham.

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife,home now post surgery is on home rehab for 3 to 4 weeks.She is on bed rest now for the most part.

Our daughters come here after work to prepare our meals for the following day and do laundry.

Good to hear that your wife is home and resting.

You are blessed with good daughters.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Tonight Dick and I celebrated our 60th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 

Congratulations on such an important milestone, Mimi & Dick. Please keep going 🌺

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

You both look lovely. And I love your hair and the color and highlights. :classic_biggrin:

+1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We lost our youngest to opioid abuse, but his twin daughters and their husbands and little ones live close by. 

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Mimi, I am very sorry to hear about your youngest. Sending you a big hug of comfort.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so sorry. This seems to happen to a lot of people some of who are friends of mine. Thank goodness you have the rest of family close by.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Deepest sympathies for the news of your youngest.

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sending you another hug also!  (((( Mimi ))))

😢 + 5

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Wishing you both a very Happy 60th wedding anniversary.

You both look far to young to be celebrating 60 years.

+1 💐

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations! but I don't believe it was your 60th. You must have married when you were 9 years old.

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

+ 3 

Though I was more even more "conservative".... 10 years old 😉

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats!  I am so jealous. That new suite neighborhood looks sweet. And not needing to change cabins,  excellent. 

I still can't believe it myself.   Was happy to score some good luck...... just when I needed it this week!  🙂 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Glad to hear she is home and your daughters will be helping out.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So sorry to hear about this.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations! but I don't believe it was your 60th. You must have married when you were 9 years old.

Ha! I was practically an old maid for those times…I was 25. And yes, that makes me 85 now. 
My outside looks a little better than the inside, held together with string and chewing gum!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Ha! I was practically an old maid for those times…I was 25. And yes, that makes me 85 now. 
My outside looks a little better than the inside, held together with string and chewing gum!

LOL....sounds like my insides....but my outsides seem to match up with that too.  😄 

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You look so much younger.I have two friends who will also be 85 this year and look much younger.It must be the NYC water.😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@jagsfan
Mimi, I have a question for you.

I see you are in the Jacksonville area? I was wondering if you can give me some info/your two cents on the Jacksonville Beach area? We were thinking of doing an overnight stop enroute to FLL before our cruise. We usually stay in St Augustine, but were thinking of something different. Thanks.

Jax Beach has oceanfront hotels and some across the street. Some pretty good restaurants. The beach itself is nice…plenty of sand and room to spread out. 
Other than that, I can’t think of anything to actually do!

Palm Valley Fish Camp has really good food and is on the Intracoastal Waterway. 

Case Marina Hotel is oceanfront and has a rooftop bar. You’d need to check with them to confirm that it’s open. 
The beaches are about 15 miles east of 95. 
If you are driving south on 95, you can hop on 295 just south of Jax airport for the east side beltway. 
From there  you’d take Butler Blvd straight to the beach pretty quickly. It’s limited access and ends at A1A. 
From there, left would be Jax Beach, and right would be Sawgrass and a nice Marriott. 
I’d love to be heading to Pt Everglades fir a cruise!

• Like 1