Jump to content
,

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

St. Maarten was pretty lax about masks today. No one wearing them outside and plenty of shops didn't seem to care.

Mask wearing is no longer mandatory in England from today.

 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, George C said:

We were in St Maarten in July and December and didn’t need masks outdoors. 

No idea when they started it but the guard at end of dock told us we had to wear in the port area and were told again when we got on the water taxi to go to BB Bar and beach.    Then I heard someone tell another person while walking along the "boardwalk" towards BBB they had to mask up.    So they were definitely enforcing while we were there on or about Jan 14th.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The shops  at the port were doing that at St Kitts.  

Yup all the shops at Barbados were doing that too.   I don't recall Antigua or St Maarten shops doing it but Barbados definitely did.      Barbados also took your temperature in cruise terminal before you re-boarded the ship.    I found that odd - they didn't take my temp when I stepped foot on their island but they did as I was leaving ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No idea when they started it but the guard at end of dock told us we had to wear in the port area and were told again when we got on the water taxi to go to BB Bar and beach.    Then I heard someone tell another person while walking along the "boardwalk" towards BBB they had to mask up.    So they were definitely enforcing while we were there on or about Jan 14th.

Yep, a moving target. @Ocean Boy posted earlier that today ST. Maarten was laxed concerning wearing masks inside and outside. Enough to drive a person to drink. 🍺

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

 

So, along with half the population of Israel, our grandsons travelled to Jerusalem, to see snow for the first time in their lives. Snowman included [I've been told that the "regulations" require that carrot to be with the thin part outside.... OK... next time 🤪].

 

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-32-19.thumb.jpg.9d465e45853c066650d16d0cf1d61f60.jpg

 

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-45-30.thumb.jpg.2d70e88d24e93ee152cb9dfddd16b4f2.jpg

 

 

Adorable!    This is something they will remember for years to come.    I am impressed to see they even have gloves and boots to wear for snow.   🥰 I would expect most people in Israel are not as well prepared for snow as your Grandchildren are prepared.     

Eric says I would probably be in flip flops😃

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No idea when they started it but the guard at end of dock told us we had to wear in the port area and were told again when we got on the water taxi to go to BB Bar and beach.    Then I heard someone tell another person while walking along the "boardwalk" towards BBB they had to mask up.    So they were definitely enforcing while we were there on or about Jan 14th.

One week seems to have made a big difference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had to have temps taken and sanitize at one of the St. Maarten shops, plus mask.

I am so happy that you have been able to stick with the new itinerary and able to have 5 stops instead of the 3 stops we had.   Enjoy this beautiful warm weather and all the luxuries offered on a cruise.    I am still in shock when I have cook dinner.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great!    What did you do today?

Just walked around town for a bit. Didn't really have plans for any of the ports other than to just relax this week. Been to all of these ports many times.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I woke up to -8°F temperatures this morning, and no sign to be above freezing untIl Groundhog Day.   So I did what anyone who has been back in the snow for a week now would do (has it really only been a week?), I booked two more cruises.  
 

Now we are off to see about getting a minor master bath makeover.

Excellent!    Did you book another b2b?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just walked around town for a bit. Didn't really have plans for any of the ports other than to just relax this week. Been to all of these ports many times.

Nice!    We went to the beach for each of our island stops and a little shopping here and there.  It is just nice to be in the warmth and see some of the familiar spots again.   At least that is how we felt.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yep, a moving target. @Ocean Boy posted earlier that today ST. Maarten was laxed concerning wearing masks inside and outside. Enough to drive a person to drink. 🍺

with all the alcohol I had to wash hands with constantly I was ready to start licking my fingers in between bars.😅

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

LOL.  I thought the page looked familiar and then when I saw Aquidneck and Jamestown I realized it was written by someone in RI. 

 

I bought a whistle but damn if I can remember to take it with me at night.  Works if you fall and can't get up too since it can be heard a mile away (so they claim). 

 

My neighbor saw a couple of foxes in the area across from his house last week.  We had them living in a rock pile behind the house about 15 years ago for just one year.  They were pretty skittish, I didn't worry about them until my 15 lb dog ran out of the house and after the pups.  I ran behind him making some noise and they ran off.  Ugh!  Little dog syndrome. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I made the mistake at looking at a forecast link and this is all I have to say...

 

20220127_165715.thumb.jpg.16a48ca0b1814b45a17c11c0b6972beb.jpg

 

I just saw the updated forecast and was thinking of you.  I was hoping you didn't see they are now talking TWO FEET of snow or more. 😱

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Sheal said:

LOL.  I thought the page looked familiar and then when I saw Aquidneck and Jamestown I realized it was written by someone in RI. 

 

I bought a whistle but damn if I can remember to take it with me at night.  Works if you fall and can't get up too since it can be heard a mile away (so they claim). 

 

My neighbor saw a couple of foxes in the area across from his house last week.  We had them living in a rock pile behind the house about 15 years ago for just one year.  They were pretty skittish, I didn't worry about them until my 15 lb dog ran out of the house and after the pups.  I ran behind him making some noise and they ran off.  Ugh!  Little dog syndrome. 

One of my daughters who has a home in upstate NY has had a lot of Coyotes near her house the past few days.They have a small dog with a loud bark.He has been barking at the Coyotes ,not a good idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

I just saw the updated forecast and was thinking of you.  I was hoping you didn't see they are now talking TWO FEET of snow or more. 😱

Is that The Weather Channel?  Local forecasters (TurnTo10) have most of RI at 8-12”.  Higher amounts east of Providence out to the Cape and islands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Is that The Weather Channel?  Local forecasters (TurnTo10) have most of RI at 8-12”.  Higher amounts east of Providence out to the Cape and islands. 

 

No, it was WCVB channel 5.  They upped the totals from the noontime forecast.  The map they are showing has all of Rhode Island except the north west corner in the 24+ inches area.  The news is on now and the full forecast should be in about ten minutes.  They are saying the storm strengthen a lot.  At noon news, we were in a 12-18 ban, so big change.

 

Massachusetts weather information

Edited by reallyitsmema
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

No, it was WCVB channel 5.  They upped the totals from the noontime forecast.  The map they are showing has all of Rhode Island except the north west corner in the 24+ inches area.  The news is on now and the full forecast should be in about ten minutes.  They are saying the storm strengthen a lot.  At noon news, we were in a 12-18 ban, so big change.

 

Massachusetts weather information

Back to the bar.....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Back to the bar.....

 

I only said something because you said you had looked at a forecast. 🙂 

 

I was going to talk about Amazing Race and how some of these men really need to think about what they say to their wives before they do a scary roadblock.  I know I would dope slap my husband if he ever said that they wouldn't have you do a roadblock that would kill you as reassuring words prior to me doing something that had me super nervous!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

I only said something because you said you had looked at a forecast. 🙂 

 

I was going to talk about Amazing Race and how some of these men really need to think about what they say to their wives before they do a scary roadblock.  I know I would dope slap my husband if he ever said that they wouldn't have you do a roadblock that would kill you as reassuring words prior to me doing something that had me super nervous!

One guy was totally disrespectful to his wife on the show that aired last night.Since there are only two married couples on the show it kind of narrows it down .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CC Help Michell changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...